Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome (Read 29820 times)
CoolP

Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome
Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Edited:
The 1.3 version of the mighty 707 is available since 04 Mar '11 which renders this list to a not current one. See details here (http://www.captainsim.com/products/x707/updates.html)

The new post 1.3 bug list can be found here http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299594859/0#0.

Here we are again, Captain Sim did a great and fast job on the 1.2 release but, unfortunately, some things might still be buggy.

The purpose of this list is to show the remaining bugs with a description and a screenshot. Followed by a text of how it should be.
To discuss the item and to check whether it is user driven or an across-the-board lack of function in the 1.2 707 is the last step then.

After this verification, tickets have to be written to make sure the items can be processed through the Captain Sim Support.
Naming things in this thread alone does not help.
Every verified item has to be set up as a ticket via  Your Profile > Customer Support  > Trouble Ticket System.

If you wonder which items are already on the Captain Sim list, check your profile again, search the Knowledge Base and look for "on the list for the next SP" to get a current view.
Should look like this (only an example picture)

This list isn't intended to show clear user related problems like "I can't start the engines" or "how do I get external power?" or system dependent ones (like the flashing textures).
Please use separate threads and the ticket system for such things.

As stated from Captain Sim here http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286222773/120
we can't expect a 1.3 version to arrive this year because they have some other products to support and develop too. Please have that in mind when insisting on "urgent" things.

Feel free to comment on issues and, of course, to describe your findings. Any input here will enhance the picture of a possible bug.

The order does not represent any priority.

1. Pressurization System
- the Cabin Alt readings are wrong (or the cabin isn't pressurized, which is most likely the case) and climb with the aircraft Alt

See the small needle of the No. 10 instrument? It should show the current cabin Alt while the big needle should read the differential pressure between cabin and aircraft outside in PSI.
The small needle follows the aircraft Alt which explains why the Oxygen System is still triggered above 14.000ft cabin Alt.

The big needle should read a differential pressure but has to be wrong if the cabin climbs with the aircraft Alt (same vaules). The differential pressure would then be 0.

- The Overhead Oxygen warnings (on the "Oxygen Pressure Panel") still come up which can only be explained by a not pressurized cabin.

- You then loose pressure in the oxygen cylinders as seen on the "Oxygen Pressure Panel" at the engineer's station. Same explanation, the cabin doesn't get pressurized.

So the Oxygen system seems to work correctly while the cabin doesn't get pressurized and therefor triggers the warnings and countermeasures above 14.000ft fyling altitude.

2. DME readings above 109nm are faulty on the "DME Indicator"
Compare the DME readings with the ones the MHPDI ("Magnetic Heading Pictoral Deviation Indicator").
Here are the wrong ones when above 109nm (currently showing 129nm)

One digit on the DME Indicator is stuck at "0" while in this example it should read "2".
The Tens digit rotates up to 100 where it becomes a zero. It never rotates higher than that. (thanks to Markoz for the description)

and the correct values (MHPDI and DME Indicator show the same values now) when below 109nm (currently showing 88nm)

3. The "Interconnect Valve Switch" (on the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM PANEL, No. 12) isn't operational.

See Reply #6 for details as I would run out of characters in this post.

4. The "Coolant Air System Panel" is mixed up with the readings of the "Valve Position Indicator" and "Valve Selector Switch" or the "Turbofan Exit Valve Override Switches".

See Reply #7 for details as I would run out of characters in this post.

5. The 10.000ft pointer of the standby altimeter isn't operational above 20.000ft. The manuals describe this pointer as one for the runway height, which seems to be wrong. It just points the 10.000ft steps of your current altitude.

So it should work like this (it only does below 20.000ft)

while the manuals describe this

Please check the bug lists for the 727, 757 and 767 in the corresponding forum areas too and help us users to help the company.  Smiley

IP Logged

MikaelJ

Re: Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Just wanted to post my thoughts about the 707

1. There's always engine start pressure even if i dont have turned on the
gnd air. Gauge just above the hyd fluid shutoff.
2. When the turbo compressors are turned on shouldnt they give pressure to the high pressure system when eng bleeds are off?
3. Pressurization as CoolP said.
4. 10 mile warning light remains illuminated after complete shutdown.
now i forget something but i'll post that later  Smiley

regards
mikael

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Don't forget the screenshots then. Thanks so far.

Checked your first item and put it in the list, with pictures.  Cheesy

IP Logged

waeln

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 12:38am
Print Post  
I keep on getting flashing lines from a center spot  in the cockpit windshield flashing a black line through out the cockpit and cabin  Embarrassed

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 1:27am
Print Post  
waeln wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 12:38am:
I keep on getting flashing lines from a center spot  in the cockpit windshield flashing a black line through out the cockpit and cabin  Embarrassed

Same here, and the darn flashing graphix are back as well, I'm about to park this thing in the hanger.

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Guys, before this thread turns into a "I have flashing textures" thread with "me too" or "I have none" answers, please be advised to put this issue into a separate topic and hopefully write tickets then.

This list was and is intended to show bugs that appear on all systems (like the faulty pressurization for example) and not on some (like the flashing textures, experienced by some people, on their systems and not on all).

For the flashing textures, there already is a thread, revive it if you like, would make sense
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286071100

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:07am
Print Post  

3. The "Interconnect Valve Switch" (on the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM PANEL) isn't operational.

Talking about this thing, No.12

Apart from the fact that I think that the labels are hard to read there, I find this switch to cause no change at all. It's not working.

See here
When positioned to OFF, "Aux" should be isolated from "Utility" and from all other systems (which can be connected via the other switch positions later).
But, as you see here, "Brake" is already pressurized although not connected and not driven by the engine pumps (because engines and pumps are off).

When positioned to BRAKE those Aux pumps can pressurize the "Brake" system which does happen but shows no difference to the OFF position of that switch.
The switch therefor isn't operational. See here, no difference to the above picture except the switch position.

Last position of that switch, the SYSTEM position. Switching to it means that the Aux pumps can pressurize the "Utility" system. Therefor the "UT" gauge should read pressure but it actually shows no/low pressure.

So you can't pressurize the utility system without the engine pumps running (which of course requires the engines to be running too and would enrage every load personal together with raising the fuel bill).

The switch, again, has no function here and seems to be stuck to interconnecting the brake system, regardless of its position.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:13am
Print Post  
4. The "Coolant Air System Panel" is mixed up with the readings of the "Valve Position Indicator" and "Valve Selector Switch" or the "Turbofan Exit Valve Override Switches".
Talking about this panel

Now, lets look at the pictures that show those mixed up things.
Here you can see the "Turbofan Exit" position of that Switch. Although I set up one exit to be fully open and the other one to be fully closed, the readings show a "half open" (or "half closed" but we should think positive here) on both sides.
So the switches aren't operational it seems.

Now I switched to the "Temp Control" position and made no other changes and you can see, now we have those commanded "open" and "close" readings, but .. you can't command the temp control valves there because they are controlled on another panel concerning the cabin temp and such things.

There are some possibilities now.
The readings might be bound to the wrong switch position, the Valve Override Switches might control the wrong valves (they should influence the Turbofan Exits of course) or the "Valve Selector Switch" (optically) shows one position but is bound to another (internally).

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:53am
Print Post  
I have not been able to get the weather Radar to work in V1.2

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 6:05am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:10pm:
5. There's always sufficient engine start pressure although no external air is connected.
See the "Engine Start Air Pressure Indicator", No. 7 gauge
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4472/startpressureind.th.jpg http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/707/startpress.th.jpg

According to my 707 manual, this is the rudder hydraulic pressure gauge, and not the engine start air pressure indicator. There is also mentioned such a engine start air pressure indicator in my manual,  but it has got a different scale than the gauge we got in our 707. The one in our 707 has exactly the same look and scale like the rudder hydraulic pressure indicator in my 707 manual. So if there is enough hydraulic pressure, the needle should be in the green band. If no pressure, of course, it should show less or 0 if no pressure is available...

Just by the way: Great work here!  Cheesy I'll check the frequency control knobs for each generator on the electrics panel, I dont think they're working... And of course will check the radar.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
5. There's always sufficient engine start pressure although no external air is connected.
See the "Engine Start Air Pressure Indicator", No. 7 gauge
No matter how much pressure is in the Engine Start Air Pressure Indicator I cannot start my engines (manually) if I do not have External Power ON and External Air ON. The Essential Power Source Selector must be set to EXT PWR and and so that means I must have External Power ON. If the External Air is OFF, then the Air Supply Duct Pressure Gage shows ZERO air pressure and so I can't start the engines either.
CTRL+E will start the engines without External Power and External Air.

So maybe it isn't the correct name for the gauge, as suggested by The Finn.

WWA1935 wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:53am:
I have not been able to get the weather Radar to work in V1.2
My WxR is working. I just loaded the thunderstorm weather and the WxR worked fine.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Now I remember, because TheFinn and I had this gauge mentioned before in another list of mine. Do you remember too, The Finn?
I think I was wondering about the readings and after you said that this gauge would show hydraulic pressure of some kind (which would make sense because of the placement on the panel) I just posted the excerpt from the Captain Sim manuals and the issue was "solved" (meaning that we weren't speaking of it anymore).
So, I follow you on the thinking that Captain Sim named this thing "engine start air pressure indicator" but it actually is the "rudder hydraulic pressure gauge".
All we need would be a scan of your book concerning this gauge.

I'd fix the list then with this picture.

I can report the same as Mark, engine start without external air is impossible. This would be another proof for the gauge showing something else but start air pressure.
Again, the placement near the other hydraulics stuff suggests that TheFinn is absolutely right and that just the manuals are wrong on this.

I have to check the frequency knobs too, thanks for the HU on them.

IP Logged

afmoose

Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Update on Stab trim animation issues, ticket answered and will be on the list for next upgrade. Thanks to Captain Sim for looking into it.

Gary

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Thanks you for reporting, afmoose.

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:45am
Print Post  
afmoose wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:19am:
Update on Stab trim animation issues, ticket answered and will be on the list for next upgrade. Thanks to Captain Sim for looking into it.

Gary

Any chance that the over sensitivity of the trim is included in that ticket?

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #15 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 7:15am
Print Post  
I too have an issue with the Pitch trim being WAY too sensitive.  I changed the value in the aircraft.cfg for now, but would like to see people that actually know what they are doing to have a stab at it!

IP Logged

speck

Reply #16 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Most people are using the mouse to trim via the trim wheel, much less sensitive than joystick buttons.

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #17 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
THORmx wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 7:15am:
I too have an issue with the Pitch trim being WAY too sensitive.  I changed the value in the aircraft.cfg for now, but would like to see people that actually know what they are doing to have a stab at it!

What exactly did you change, this is driving me crazy too

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 2:46am
Print Post  
JayG wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 4:33pm:
I too have an issue with the Pitch trim being WAY too sensitive.  I changed the value in the aircraft.cfg for now, but would like to see people that actually know what they are doing to have a stab at it!

Not exactly sure what section in the aircraft.cfg, but it has "pitch trim effectiveness" listed.  I changed it to .80, but further reducing it may be even better.  Try .70 and see if that helps!

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 3:01am
Print Post  
THORmx wrote on Oct 24th, 2010 at 2:46am:
JayG wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 4:33pm:

Not exactly sure what section in the aircraft.cfg, but it has "pitch trim effectiveness" listed.  I changed it to .80, but further reducing it may be even better.  Try .70 and see if that helps!

Tks, I tried that in the last build but it didnt seem to do anything, I'll give it another shot

IP Logged

Capt. Haddock

Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Since installing v1.2 I find that the 10 Mile alert light no longer works on either the pilot's or co-pilot's panels.

>^..^<

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Guys, I can't follow you on this trim thing.

Do you use your mouse in the VC or do you use the keyboard shortcuts?
If you use the last thing (which I do too), please check if there is a repeat rate set in the FSX keyboard setup.
That would explain the "over sensitivity".
I don't experience this issue, triming via the keys or my joystick works like on any other plane in my hangar and therefor good.

Has anyone of you already issued a ticket for this? What was the outcome?

And reading about the "10 Mile alert light" the second time, I can only say: Where are the pictures and a description with more details than "no longer works"?
No offense intended. I'm just looking for items that are discuss-able with a short look on a picture and some 1 or 2 sentences explaining them.

Thanks for your help and I think we can applaud to Captain Sim for enabling this attachment option for the guys that don't use (free!) image hoster services.
Feel free to use it.  Wink

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #22 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Hello again,

Can anyone else confirm that their Wx Radar is working in V1.2.  I believe I saw another post that someone else had the same problem as me and I want to confirm before I do another reinstall. 

My weather radar screen remains blank even if I select the test pattern.  It has not functioned correctly since I upgraded.

I don't know about the other userrs but my "10 mile alert warning light"  seems to work fine at least while using the Doppler Navigation.  I have used it on three flights of various length.

Rudder trim sensitivity is high for me also.  I use FSUPIC and have it assigned to a button with the "Repeat while held" function checked.  I will try with out the "Repeat" function enabled.  If that doesn't work I might experiment with mapping it to an axis?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #23 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
I get the 10 Mile alert (Pilot and Co-Pilot) every time if I fly DNS or INS flight. It works fine for me.

@CoolP. I got the L.H. Bottle Inactive Light come on when doing an engine start as per KB#6204. It went out after the #3 Engine started. It's the first time I've seen it since v1.0. Grin

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #24 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 12:33am
Print Post  
For trim I use the CH yoke trim rocker. It works fine on most planes, although some are a bit sensitive, but the 707 is out of the ballpark with the sensitivity. If you barely breath on the rocker the trim changes 5 degrees. All you can do it just tap it and hope its close.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #25 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Jay, if the trim settings works on other peoples planes and using the standard controls for it (I don't know about the CH mechanics and functions), it will be hard to get support there.
For me, this doesn't look like a 1.2 bug to be mentioned or a 707 one. Seems too system and user dependent.

I don't understand the question towards that "non working" radar, WWA1935, because you have at least two guys (Mark and me) reporting about a functional one, so it can't be a general flaw but at least a system dependent or user related item.
I suggest to write a ticket then.

As you are reporting about the trim problem too together with describing a FSUIPC tweaked setup, I suggest going fully FSX standard first (shouldn't be hard on the trim function) and, if this fails, speaking of a probably Captain Sim 707 error thereafter.
We can't blame any dev for things that arise when using additional software and tweaked settings like your mentioned repeat rate.

Mark, thanks for the input on that KB article. I'll check that.
I just found this article stating
Engine Start Pressure Indicator ~ 3000
and if we look at our current bug list with the wrongly named gauge, we see: they are talking about some hydraulic pressure there while intentionally referring to air pressure.

The instrument reads 3000 PSI and I'd like to see some engine starting with that amount of air pressure.
This will probably be the last time you see that engine again.  Grin

In short, the KB has to be changed too if we fill this item in as ticket, because I don't think that it indicates any start air pressure and TheFinn is right with naming it "hydraulic".

As for the L. H. Bottle thing, I thank you for your support there.
I still see it as a CoolP special and wouldn't even think about reporting it as bug as some guys tell me that it works for them.
Edited: Solved! If you use "high pressure" starts on engine 3 (like I did), the L. H. Bottle is empty after one attempt, so the warning is perfectly normal.
Use the default "low pressure" start variant together with external power and air and everything will be fine and like the manuals say.

I state this sentence just because I've just told the other guys about the need to differentiate between general flaws and system/user related items.

I think it's time to close this list and the 727 one too, so 757 and 767 can receive support from us.

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #26 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Disregard the Wx radar problem.  Although I was given a link via email to the 1.2v patch from CS it looks like something happened during the install?

I noticed I could not remove the flight yokes either so I did a complete uninstall and re-install and now the flight yokes and the weather radar seems to be working correctly.

@coolip going back to standard FSX controls is not an option as I have a lot of hardware that I use FSUPIC to interface the sim with. I do agre that anyone "programing" the elevator trim to a button function should be able to use the FSX default controls and assign a repeat rate that allows for smooth operation.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #27 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Glad to read about some working stuff now.

As I said, we can't blame CS for not working with some special setups and, as you see, only few people report this trim thing while all others are operating withing limits.

Nobody said that you have to drop FSUIPC completely to fly the nice 707, I just suggested to leave your hardware where it is and try one flight with standard FSX trim controls.
If she works in this setup, you'll have to check your special hardware and interface stuff for possible flaws.
If she fails on using the standard (which she was designed for), we can talk about some possible Captaim Sim related bug.

So, go for it.  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #28 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:09am
Print Post  
WWA1935 wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:59am:
Disregard the Wx radar problem.  Although I was given a link via email to the 1.2v patch from CS it looks like something happened during the install?

I noticed I could not remove the flight yokes either so I did a complete uninstall and re-install and now the flight yokes and the weather radar seems to be working correctly.

As Far As I Know, the emails with the link were sent out to some of, but not all of, the 707-300 users. We were asked to test the reworked Doppler Navigation System to see if was still causing a CTD. As you can tell by now, I got the email and link as well, and although the DNS worked fine, not everything did work in the 707-300 v1.2 in the email link.

Just out of curiosity. Did you Check-in to your Profile and use the "Get New Links" for the 707-300 v1.2? If you did, it would certainly explain why those things that weren't working before, are working now.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #29 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:12am
Print Post  
@ Markoz...I have that LH bottle light lit too, and it never goes off!

@JayG...that's how the trim is for me too, no tweaks, no FSUIPC.  Just standard FSX settings mapped to joystick buttons.  Works normal on all my addons, including CS, another company, Carenado etc etc

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #30 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I have found that I get the LH Bottle Inactive light coming on if I start my engines the way described in KB#6204, as I said earlier. If, for example, I have everything set for engine start but I'm doing other things to continue my flight preparations, once I start the engines, it remains ON. If I get the engines started quickly, the light tends to go out, most times.

If I start the engines the way I described HERE, I never get the LH Bottle Inactive light coming ON.

I don't have any problems with the trim either. It is a bit sensitive, but I still find it easy enough to use without any problems.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #31 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:09am:
WWA1935 wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:59am:
Disregard the Wx radar problem.  Although I was given a link via email to the 1.2v patch from CS it looks like something happened during the install?

As Far As I Know, the emails with the link were sent out to some of, but not all of, the 707-300 users. We were asked to test the reworked Doppler Navigation System to see if was still causing a CTD. As you can tell by now, I got the email and link as well, and although the DNS worked fine, not everything did work in the 707-300 v1.2 in the email link.

Just out of curiosity. Did you Check-in to your Profile and use the "Get New Links" for the 707-300 v1.2? If you did, it would certainly explain why those things that weren't working before, are working now.

Mark

That is exactly what happened, after I uninstalled and used the "Get New Links" option the problems with the Wx Radar I reported went away.  Cool

IP Logged

Capt. Haddock

Reply #32 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
I get the 10 Mile alert (Pilot and Co-Pilot) every time if I fly DNS or INS flight. It works fine for me.

Hi Mark. It used to work for me before the upgrade, but I waqsn't using INS, just flying VOR/DME, as I am now; is that why it no longer works?

>^..^<

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #33 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
I haven't done a lot of VOR to VOR flights. I did a few to see how well my 707 would follow the radial, back in v1.1. I would have to try a VOR to VOR to see if it does it or not in that situation with v1.2. The worst thing is, I never noticed it in v1.1 or v1.0. Undecided

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #34 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:08am
Print Post  
THORmx, I think you get that "L. H. Bottle" warning too because you start the engines the wrong way and this is just because you can't start them the right way.
"Right" is using the external power and air and go for "low pressure", "wrong" (because this is only used when no external stuff is available) is the "high pressure" variant with only one shot for engine 3, causing the "L. H. Bottle" warning after usage.

The check lists and the KB article currently collide in their statements and if you start the No. 3 engine with the "high press" setting, you'll loose the "L. H. Bottle" because it just gives you one shot.

The check list from Mark might work but can't be found either in the manuals or the KB, it's a Mark special and he just gained the "Senior 707 Flight Engineer Award" for this, congratulations!  Cheesy

There's another flaw.
If only external power (not air) is connected, you have a "Low Press" reading on the AC panel.
I think that air of any kind can only come from the external air or from an operating AC, both things aren't working in this picture.

See here, external power only and you have "Low Press" air available.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #35 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:00am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:08am:
The check list from Mark might work but can't be found either in the manuals or the KB, it's a Mark special and he just gained the "Senior 707 Flight Engineer Award" for this, congratulations!  Cheesy
When the 707 was first released, quite a few of us had problems getting it started. The checklist I created was a way that, through trial and error, I came up with that was successful all the time. I don't know if there is anyone who hasn't succeeded when using it. At the time, all I wanted to do was a manual engine start. CTRL+E was not 100% successful for me anyway. I know that mine is not the way it should done, but a way that it can be done. My aim is simply to help everyone get the engines started. In truth, this method may not even be needed by anyone any more now that everything is working so well in v1.2. Wink

With the engine start from KB #6204, I feel some steps are missing. To follow it exactly leads to engine #3 not even spooling up to ignite. If I add a few items in the list I can get it to work every time. So I could change it to suit that. If it it works, it works. That's all that matters.

I take it that the "Senior 707 Flight Engineer Award" is an award you have given me. Or did I miss something. No matter, I'll accept it. Grin

In the image, it looks like there isn't any pressure at all.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #36 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Yes, that was a hopefully rewarding Award, at least that was the intention behind it.

I always go for manual starts and use the Ctrl-E thing for a fast check of other systems only.
The KB thing is wrong and misleading and the check list in the manual now works for me.
As said in the other thread, I don't know why I came up with a wrong procedure first through the 1.0 and 1.1 releases but eventually I did and this sort of built a bad habit, leading to the "L. H. Bottle" warning all the time.
My judgment at least was right: a clearly user related problem and no thing for any official bug list.

The only thing remaining now is KB article 6204.
KB 6204 describes a start without external sources (it therefor needs the high pressure bottle) while the manuals go for one with them connected.
So my suggestion would be to clearly state this difference to avoid confusing people.

The ground starts without external sources are the exception when operating the 707 in my eyes, the ground supply based starts are the common thing.

In my image, there is "Low Pressure" available and as no engine is running and no external air is connected, we have to ask ourselves where this could come from.
Invisible APU?

I've kicked the No. 5 item with the engine start air pressure out of the list for now as I have to investigate a bit before I can say that this gauge is wrong.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #37 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:40am
Print Post  
You can start engine 3 without the external power and air? Every time I tried the KB6204 start, nothing happened at all. My guess is that if it's possible to start it without external power and air, as you seem to suggest, then I must be missing something. This would clearly be a case of the problem being me.

I have been using my method since I discovered it. So I got into a bad habit of not doing it the right way. I'm working on changing that.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #38 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:54am
Print Post  
I think it's mainly without external air, but I'll check this and report back.

No. 3 startup on "high pressure" and without external air and power works. The "L. H. Bottle" comes up then because you've used up the one shot. Nice feature now, if it gets explained.

I like to mention that the manuals don't explain this, Lou did. Thanks!

If you open the bleed valve after the engine 3 start, you get all other engines running too with a "low pressure" start. The No. 3 bleed pressurizes the system and you then can start 4, 2 and 1 and gain more stable pressurized air with every start.
That's how it should be and that's how it works on this 707.

If you need air for the AC and Packs then, the Air Compressors have to be enabled, these are a 707 special, the modern jets do this via their bleed air too.

Still leaves this one as open and new

There shouldn't be any "low pressure" readings when the external air is not connected, the engines are off and the AC too.

Quote:
1.  Conditioned Air Duct Pressure Indicator
Displays pressure differential between main cabin and distribution duct.  Reflects ventilation flow rate.
6-10 INCHES – Desired operating rate.
GREEN BAND – Operating range.

There currently always is a flow although no system is feeding it and there is no "green band" on the gauge.
Am I right?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #39 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Ah! That gauge! Why does that gauge have INCHES OF WATER written on it? I thought that that had to do with the water injection for increases engine power on takeoff. Or something like that.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #40 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Grin I like your findings, Mark.
There's another instrument around with "inches of Mercury" I think, sounds toxic  Tongue
This source is better than any of my texts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inch_of_water

But anyway, this little gauge shows readings without having something to read.
Turn all air systems on or off, always the same there, no fluctuation.
If you cut off electrics, it goes to zero but that's probably the case on all electrical driven instruments.

I think I'll put that on the list soon.

IP Logged

felks

Reply #41 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Hi CoolIP
That "Water Gauge" you are talking about on the F/E's panel is a guage measuring pressure difference between Air Conditioning System Main Cabin Inlet Duct and the cabin .It should always stay in the green area.
Hope this helps Wink
Regards
Glenn
Please note I corrected my post after perusing my 707 notes and not using my memory Wink

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #42 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Well, I think it measures the amount of water collected by extreme laughing about funny explanations towards the this little thing.
I'm really glad that Captain Sim implemented it.

We definitely need more such gauges on other planes.  Grin

Lets talk about the engine vibrations caused by joking passengers then ..
(I hope you get my strange humor, I don't offend anyone intentionally)

Getting more serious now: Has anyone of you ever tested the takeoff warning horn to come up?
Should be on the No.3 thrust lever and gets triggered if no flaps, no stab trim and speed brake lever not full forward.

I don't hear a thing when I do this but it's mentioned in the manuals.

Another question: Weren't the old manuals for the 707 coming in full color while the current ones are b/w only?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #43 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I've started the 767 version of the bug list. Feel free to join and comment and bring plenty of time.  Grin

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288179915/0#0

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #44 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 12:45am
Print Post  
TO those with graphics errors, add the line HIGHMEMFIX=1 under the graphics section (I didn't come up with that) and delete the files in the temp folder. type %temp% into the start search bar to find the temp folder, and %appdata%/microsoft/fsx

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #45 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 10:20am
Print Post  
Quote:
TO those with graphics errors ..

I'm sorry but where are such graphics problems mentioned in this thread (which has post 1.2 bugs as topic) so far?
Shouldn't this tip go to another, more general, section then?

Lets stay on the points which can be improved by CS (and therefor rule out bugs) and don't fall back to general tips on how to run FSX. Thanks.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top