Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome (Read 29815 times)
CoolP

Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome
Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
Edited:
The 1.3 version of the mighty 707 is available since 04 Mar '11 which renders this list to a not current one. See details here (http://www.captainsim.com/products/x707/updates.html)

The new post 1.3 bug list can be found here http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1299594859/0#0.

Here we are again, Captain Sim did a great and fast job on the 1.2 release but, unfortunately, some things might still be buggy.

The purpose of this list is to show the remaining bugs with a description and a screenshot. Followed by a text of how it should be.
To discuss the item and to check whether it is user driven or an across-the-board lack of function in the 1.2 707 is the last step then.

After this verification, tickets have to be written to make sure the items can be processed through the Captain Sim Support.
Naming things in this thread alone does not help.
Every verified item has to be set up as a ticket via  Your Profile > Customer Support  > Trouble Ticket System.

If you wonder which items are already on the Captain Sim list, check your profile again, search the Knowledge Base and look for "on the list for the next SP" to get a current view.
Should look like this (only an example picture)

This list isn't intended to show clear user related problems like "I can't start the engines" or "how do I get external power?" or system dependent ones (like the flashing textures).
Please use separate threads and the ticket system for such things.

As stated from Captain Sim here http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286222773/120
we can't expect a 1.3 version to arrive this year because they have some other products to support and develop too. Please have that in mind when insisting on "urgent" things.

Feel free to comment on issues and, of course, to describe your findings. Any input here will enhance the picture of a possible bug.

The order does not represent any priority.

1. Pressurization System
- the Cabin Alt readings are wrong (or the cabin isn't pressurized, which is most likely the case) and climb with the aircraft Alt

See the small needle of the No. 10 instrument? It should show the current cabin Alt while the big needle should read the differential pressure between cabin and aircraft outside in PSI.
The small needle follows the aircraft Alt which explains why the Oxygen System is still triggered above 14.000ft cabin Alt.

The big needle should read a differential pressure but has to be wrong if the cabin climbs with the aircraft Alt (same vaules). The differential pressure would then be 0.

- The Overhead Oxygen warnings (on the "Oxygen Pressure Panel") still come up which can only be explained by a not pressurized cabin.

- You then loose pressure in the oxygen cylinders as seen on the "Oxygen Pressure Panel" at the engineer's station. Same explanation, the cabin doesn't get pressurized.

So the Oxygen system seems to work correctly while the cabin doesn't get pressurized and therefor triggers the warnings and countermeasures above 14.000ft fyling altitude.

2. DME readings above 109nm are faulty on the "DME Indicator"
Compare the DME readings with the ones the MHPDI ("Magnetic Heading Pictoral Deviation Indicator").
Here are the wrong ones when above 109nm (currently showing 129nm)

One digit on the DME Indicator is stuck at "0" while in this example it should read "2".
The Tens digit rotates up to 100 where it becomes a zero. It never rotates higher than that. (thanks to Markoz for the description)

and the correct values (MHPDI and DME Indicator show the same values now) when below 109nm (currently showing 88nm)

3. The "Interconnect Valve Switch" (on the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM PANEL, No. 12) isn't operational.

See Reply #6 for details as I would run out of characters in this post.

4. The "Coolant Air System Panel" is mixed up with the readings of the "Valve Position Indicator" and "Valve Selector Switch" or the "Turbofan Exit Valve Override Switches".

See Reply #7 for details as I would run out of characters in this post.

5. The 10.000ft pointer of the standby altimeter isn't operational above 20.000ft. The manuals describe this pointer as one for the runway height, which seems to be wrong. It just points the 10.000ft steps of your current altitude.

So it should work like this (it only does below 20.000ft)

while the manuals describe this

Please check the bug lists for the 727, 757 and 767 in the corresponding forum areas too and help us users to help the company.  Smiley

IP Logged

MikaelJ

Re: Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Just wanted to post my thoughts about the 707

1. There's always engine start pressure even if i dont have turned on the
gnd air. Gauge just above the hyd fluid shutoff.
2. When the turbo compressors are turned on shouldnt they give pressure to the high pressure system when eng bleeds are off?
3. Pressurization as CoolP said.
4. 10 mile warning light remains illuminated after complete shutdown.
now i forget something but i'll post that later  Smiley

regards
mikael

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2010 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Don't forget the screenshots then. Thanks so far.

Checked your first item and put it in the list, with pictures.  Cheesy

IP Logged

waeln

Reply #3 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 12:38am
Print Post  
I keep on getting flashing lines from a center spot  in the cockpit windshield flashing a black line through out the cockpit and cabin  Embarrassed

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #4 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 1:27am
Print Post  
waeln wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 12:38am:
I keep on getting flashing lines from a center spot  in the cockpit windshield flashing a black line through out the cockpit and cabin  Embarrassed

Same here, and the darn flashing graphix are back as well, I'm about to park this thing in the hanger.

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 3:41am
Print Post  
Guys, before this thread turns into a "I have flashing textures" thread with "me too" or "I have none" answers, please be advised to put this issue into a separate topic and hopefully write tickets then.

This list was and is intended to show bugs that appear on all systems (like the faulty pressurization for example) and not on some (like the flashing textures, experienced by some people, on their systems and not on all).

For the flashing textures, there already is a thread, revive it if you like, would make sense
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1286071100

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #6 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:07am
Print Post  

3. The "Interconnect Valve Switch" (on the HYDRAULIC SYSTEM PANEL) isn't operational.

Talking about this thing, No.12

Apart from the fact that I think that the labels are hard to read there, I find this switch to cause no change at all. It's not working.

See here
When positioned to OFF, "Aux" should be isolated from "Utility" and from all other systems (which can be connected via the other switch positions later).
But, as you see here, "Brake" is already pressurized although not connected and not driven by the engine pumps (because engines and pumps are off).

When positioned to BRAKE those Aux pumps can pressurize the "Brake" system which does happen but shows no difference to the OFF position of that switch.
The switch therefor isn't operational. See here, no difference to the above picture except the switch position.

Last position of that switch, the SYSTEM position. Switching to it means that the Aux pumps can pressurize the "Utility" system. Therefor the "UT" gauge should read pressure but it actually shows no/low pressure.

So you can't pressurize the utility system without the engine pumps running (which of course requires the engines to be running too and would enrage every load personal together with raising the fuel bill).

The switch, again, has no function here and seems to be stuck to interconnecting the brake system, regardless of its position.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:13am
Print Post  
4. The "Coolant Air System Panel" is mixed up with the readings of the "Valve Position Indicator" and "Valve Selector Switch" or the "Turbofan Exit Valve Override Switches".
Talking about this panel

Now, lets look at the pictures that show those mixed up things.
Here you can see the "Turbofan Exit" position of that Switch. Although I set up one exit to be fully open and the other one to be fully closed, the readings show a "half open" (or "half closed" but we should think positive here) on both sides.
So the switches aren't operational it seems.

Now I switched to the "Temp Control" position and made no other changes and you can see, now we have those commanded "open" and "close" readings, but .. you can't command the temp control valves there because they are controlled on another panel concerning the cabin temp and such things.

There are some possibilities now.
The readings might be bound to the wrong switch position, the Valve Override Switches might control the wrong valves (they should influence the Turbofan Exits of course) or the "Valve Selector Switch" (optically) shows one position but is bound to another (internally).

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #8 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:53am
Print Post  
I have not been able to get the weather Radar to work in V1.2

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #9 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 6:05am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 21st, 2010 at 6:10pm:
5. There's always sufficient engine start pressure although no external air is connected.
See the "Engine Start Air Pressure Indicator", No. 7 gauge
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/4472/startpressureind.th.jpg http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/707/startpress.th.jpg

According to my 707 manual, this is the rudder hydraulic pressure gauge, and not the engine start air pressure indicator. There is also mentioned such a engine start air pressure indicator in my manual,  but it has got a different scale than the gauge we got in our 707. The one in our 707 has exactly the same look and scale like the rudder hydraulic pressure indicator in my 707 manual. So if there is enough hydraulic pressure, the needle should be in the green band. If no pressure, of course, it should show less or 0 if no pressure is available...

Just by the way: Great work here!  Cheesy I'll check the frequency control knobs for each generator on the electrics panel, I dont think they're working... And of course will check the radar.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Quote:
5. There's always sufficient engine start pressure although no external air is connected.
See the "Engine Start Air Pressure Indicator", No. 7 gauge
No matter how much pressure is in the Engine Start Air Pressure Indicator I cannot start my engines (manually) if I do not have External Power ON and External Air ON. The Essential Power Source Selector must be set to EXT PWR and and so that means I must have External Power ON. If the External Air is OFF, then the Air Supply Duct Pressure Gage shows ZERO air pressure and so I can't start the engines either.
CTRL+E will start the engines without External Power and External Air.

So maybe it isn't the correct name for the gauge, as suggested by The Finn.

WWA1935 wrote on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 4:53am:
I have not been able to get the weather Radar to work in V1.2
My WxR is working. I just loaded the thunderstorm weather and the WxR worked fine.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Oct 22nd, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
Now I remember, because TheFinn and I had this gauge mentioned before in another list of mine. Do you remember too, The Finn?
I think I was wondering about the readings and after you said that this gauge would show hydraulic pressure of some kind (which would make sense because of the placement on the panel) I just posted the excerpt from the Captain Sim manuals and the issue was "solved" (meaning that we weren't speaking of it anymore).
So, I follow you on the thinking that Captain Sim named this thing "engine start air pressure indicator" but it actually is the "rudder hydraulic pressure gauge".
All we need would be a scan of your book concerning this gauge.

I'd fix the list then with this picture.

I can report the same as Mark, engine start without external air is impossible. This would be another proof for the gauge showing something else but start air pressure.
Again, the placement near the other hydraulics stuff suggests that TheFinn is absolutely right and that just the manuals are wrong on this.

I have to check the frequency knobs too, thanks for the HU on them.

IP Logged

afmoose

Reply #12 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:19am
Print Post  
Update on Stab trim animation issues, ticket answered and will be on the list for next upgrade. Thanks to Captain Sim for looking into it.

Gary

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:23am
Print Post  
Thanks you for reporting, afmoose.

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #14 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:45am
Print Post  
afmoose wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 12:19am:
Update on Stab trim animation issues, ticket answered and will be on the list for next upgrade. Thanks to Captain Sim for looking into it.

Gary

Any chance that the over sensitivity of the trim is included in that ticket?

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top