Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome (Read 29813 times)
THORmx

Re: Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome
Reply #15 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 7:15am
Print Post  
I too have an issue with the Pitch trim being WAY too sensitive.  I changed the value in the aircraft.cfg for now, but would like to see people that actually know what they are doing to have a stab at it!

IP Logged

speck

Reply #16 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Most people are using the mouse to trim via the trim wheel, much less sensitive than joystick buttons.

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #17 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
THORmx wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 7:15am:
I too have an issue with the Pitch trim being WAY too sensitive.  I changed the value in the aircraft.cfg for now, but would like to see people that actually know what they are doing to have a stab at it!

What exactly did you change, this is driving me crazy too

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #18 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 2:46am
Print Post  
JayG wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 4:33pm:
I too have an issue with the Pitch trim being WAY too sensitive.  I changed the value in the aircraft.cfg for now, but would like to see people that actually know what they are doing to have a stab at it!

Not exactly sure what section in the aircraft.cfg, but it has "pitch trim effectiveness" listed.  I changed it to .80, but further reducing it may be even better.  Try .70 and see if that helps!

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #19 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 3:01am
Print Post  
THORmx wrote on Oct 24th, 2010 at 2:46am:
JayG wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 4:33pm:

Not exactly sure what section in the aircraft.cfg, but it has "pitch trim effectiveness" listed.  I changed it to .80, but further reducing it may be even better.  Try .70 and see if that helps!

Tks, I tried that in the last build but it didnt seem to do anything, I'll give it another shot

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

Capt. Haddock

Reply #20 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Since installing v1.2 I find that the 10 Mile alert light no longer works on either the pilot's or co-pilot's panels.

>^..^<

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #21 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Guys, I can't follow you on this trim thing.

Do you use your mouse in the VC or do you use the keyboard shortcuts?
If you use the last thing (which I do too), please check if there is a repeat rate set in the FSX keyboard setup.
That would explain the "over sensitivity".
I don't experience this issue, triming via the keys or my joystick works like on any other plane in my hangar and therefor good.

Has anyone of you already issued a ticket for this? What was the outcome?

And reading about the "10 Mile alert light" the second time, I can only say: Where are the pictures and a description with more details than "no longer works"?
No offense intended. I'm just looking for items that are discuss-able with a short look on a picture and some 1 or 2 sentences explaining them.

Thanks for your help and I think we can applaud to Captain Sim for enabling this attachment option for the guys that don't use (free!) image hoster services.
Feel free to use it.  Wink

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #22 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Hello again,

Can anyone else confirm that their Wx Radar is working in V1.2.  I believe I saw another post that someone else had the same problem as me and I want to confirm before I do another reinstall. 

My weather radar screen remains blank even if I select the test pattern.  It has not functioned correctly since I upgraded.

I don't know about the other userrs but my "10 mile alert warning light"  seems to work fine at least while using the Doppler Navigation.  I have used it on three flights of various length.

Rudder trim sensitivity is high for me also.  I use FSUPIC and have it assigned to a button with the "Repeat while held" function checked.  I will try with out the "Repeat" function enabled.  If that doesn't work I might experiment with mapping it to an axis?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #23 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
I get the 10 Mile alert (Pilot and Co-Pilot) every time if I fly DNS or INS flight. It works fine for me.

@CoolP. I got the L.H. Bottle Inactive Light come on when doing an engine start as per KB#6204. It went out after the #3 Engine started. It's the first time I've seen it since v1.0. Grin

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #24 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 12:33am
Print Post  
For trim I use the CH yoke trim rocker. It works fine on most planes, although some are a bit sensitive, but the 707 is out of the ballpark with the sensitivity. If you barely breath on the rocker the trim changes 5 degrees. All you can do it just tap it and hope its close.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #25 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:42am
Print Post  
Jay, if the trim settings works on other peoples planes and using the standard controls for it (I don't know about the CH mechanics and functions), it will be hard to get support there.
For me, this doesn't look like a 1.2 bug to be mentioned or a 707 one. Seems too system and user dependent.

I don't understand the question towards that "non working" radar, WWA1935, because you have at least two guys (Mark and me) reporting about a functional one, so it can't be a general flaw but at least a system dependent or user related item.
I suggest to write a ticket then.

As you are reporting about the trim problem too together with describing a FSUIPC tweaked setup, I suggest going fully FSX standard first (shouldn't be hard on the trim function) and, if this fails, speaking of a probably Captain Sim 707 error thereafter.
We can't blame any dev for things that arise when using additional software and tweaked settings like your mentioned repeat rate.

Mark, thanks for the input on that KB article. I'll check that.
I just found this article stating
Engine Start Pressure Indicator ~ 3000
and if we look at our current bug list with the wrongly named gauge, we see: they are talking about some hydraulic pressure there while intentionally referring to air pressure.

The instrument reads 3000 PSI and I'd like to see some engine starting with that amount of air pressure.
This will probably be the last time you see that engine again.  Grin

In short, the KB has to be changed too if we fill this item in as ticket, because I don't think that it indicates any start air pressure and TheFinn is right with naming it "hydraulic".

As for the L. H. Bottle thing, I thank you for your support there.
I still see it as a CoolP special and wouldn't even think about reporting it as bug as some guys tell me that it works for them.
Edited: Solved! If you use "high pressure" starts on engine 3 (like I did), the L. H. Bottle is empty after one attempt, so the warning is perfectly normal.
Use the default "low pressure" start variant together with external power and air and everything will be fine and like the manuals say.

I state this sentence just because I've just told the other guys about the need to differentiate between general flaws and system/user related items.

I think it's time to close this list and the 727 one too, so 757 and 767 can receive support from us.

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #26 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Disregard the Wx radar problem.  Although I was given a link via email to the 1.2v patch from CS it looks like something happened during the install?

I noticed I could not remove the flight yokes either so I did a complete uninstall and re-install and now the flight yokes and the weather radar seems to be working correctly.

@coolip going back to standard FSX controls is not an option as I have a lot of hardware that I use FSUPIC to interface the sim with. I do agre that anyone "programing" the elevator trim to a button function should be able to use the FSX default controls and assign a repeat rate that allows for smooth operation.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #27 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Glad to read about some working stuff now.

As I said, we can't blame CS for not working with some special setups and, as you see, only few people report this trim thing while all others are operating withing limits.

Nobody said that you have to drop FSUIPC completely to fly the nice 707, I just suggested to leave your hardware where it is and try one flight with standard FSX trim controls.
If she works in this setup, you'll have to check your special hardware and interface stuff for possible flaws.
If she fails on using the standard (which she was designed for), we can talk about some possible Captaim Sim related bug.

So, go for it.  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #28 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:09am
Print Post  
WWA1935 wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:59am:
Disregard the Wx radar problem.  Although I was given a link via email to the 1.2v patch from CS it looks like something happened during the install?

I noticed I could not remove the flight yokes either so I did a complete uninstall and re-install and now the flight yokes and the weather radar seems to be working correctly.

As Far As I Know, the emails with the link were sent out to some of, but not all of, the 707-300 users. We were asked to test the reworked Doppler Navigation System to see if was still causing a CTD. As you can tell by now, I got the email and link as well, and although the DNS worked fine, not everything did work in the 707-300 v1.2 in the email link.

Just out of curiosity. Did you Check-in to your Profile and use the "Get New Links" for the 707-300 v1.2? If you did, it would certainly explain why those things that weren't working before, are working now.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

THORmx

Reply #29 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:12am
Print Post  
@ Markoz...I have that LH bottle light lit too, and it never goes off!

@JayG...that's how the trim is for me too, no tweaks, no FSUIPC.  Just standard FSX settings mapped to joystick buttons.  Works normal on all my addons, including CS, another company, Carenado etc etc

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top