Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 78571 times)
Vinnie

AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Aug 27th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
Well, When I use the time acceleration during a flight with the AP on at crusing altitude, the aircraft beguns to go up and down. And finally, I loose the control of the airplane.

I never experience that with another aircraft before. Even with the 727 or with a very low FPS.

Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: 767 Auto Pilot problem with Time aceleration.
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 1219. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

IP Logged

kiniu

Virtual Pilot

Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hello Vinnie

I am also experience similar problem when I use real update weather
and time acceleration x4 so the plane have tendency to fly up and down for some time losing the altitude
but when I change weather for non real plane fly ok not losing altitude .

I experience this tendency to fly up and down problem not only with Cs aircraft so I dont think it is the 767 bug or serious problem

Try to change the weather for clear and see if this will help

regards
Chris

Intel Q6600 | 4GB ram |Nvidia 480 GTX | 2x 1TB HDD sata |24' DELL Monitor | Vista 64 Bit |
IP Logged

Vinnie

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
It wont work.

I can't let my FSX on during 9 hours !!!! That's why I use the time acceleration to skip the most boring part of the flight.

The KB says only to stay at normal speed. It's not really solve the problem.

IP Logged

pa34pilot

Reply #4 - Aug 29th, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
You can also go to the map and drag your airplane along your flightpath.  Once you are flying again, you can then ask for an IFR clearance (I like this better than the acceleration).  The only downside is that you will have a lot more fuel so you may want to reduce your fuel load when you skip ahead.

IP Logged

Terrence

Reply #5 - Aug 30th, 2009 at 12:50am
Print Post  
OR, you could simply fly shorter legs...

IP Logged

Patrick Rizzo

Autopilot?
Reply #6 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I just aborted an Atlantic crossing midway through the flight as it was futile to contine. The aircraft stopped following the computed flight path in LNAV mode and pitched to the right by 5°, making endless circles so to speak. I tried to manually adjust the aircraft and put it back on course to intercept the desired navigation track, and locked in HDG Select - nothing happens. When I intercepted the original waypoint track, the aircraft started its right turn maneuver all over again.
And yes, the autopilot was on - it was not disconnected.

Best regards, Patrick

IP Logged

767er91

Re: Captain Sim Autopilot awful
Reply #7 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 1:15pm
Print Post  
I thought that this issue was fixed since the 4.3 update to the 757, in which I believe the fixes have been inherited in the 767. Also, check your FSUIPC version to ensure that it is the latest as this may have persisted your problem.

Regards

Craig Norman - VPA290 - CS Boeing 757-200, Boeing 767-300ER, MD-11 and Leonardo SH FTMD '08 pilot

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #8 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
I haven't had this problem at all with my autopilot.  Did you load a default Microsoft aircraft before loading the CS767?

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #9 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
if you are having troubles with the autopilot..just update your fsuipc or buy the payware version and you can see the diference in the autopilot...again ..ANY problem with the autopilot  can be fixed just updating your FSUIPC..... Smiley

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
Patrick Rizzo wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 12:45pm:
Hi,

I just aborted an Atlantic crossing midway through the flight as it was futile to contine. The aircraft stopped following the computed flight path in LNAV mode and pitched to the right by 5°, making endless circles so to speak. I tried to manually adjust the aircraft and put it back on course to intercept the desired navigation track, and locked in HDG Select - nothing happens. When I intercepted the original waypoint track, the aircraft started its right turn maneuver all over again. Bottom line: This purchase is a complete scam - the product doesn't work! I am a former staff reviewer of a large German Flight Simulation community and am completely shocked about what Captain Sim has sold to me. I am going to claim my money back!

Best regards, Patrick

I think before you start making premature judgments, you should check into all of the possibilities outside of Captain Sim's product.

If you are really the reviewer you claim to be, you should know that if a fully released sim doesn't work on your computer, there are a lot of factors that have to be considered other than the sim itself before you start running down the developer and product.

IP Logged

Patrick Rizzo

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think before you start making premature judgments, you should check into all of the possibilities outside of Captain Sim's product.

If you are really the reviewer you claim to be, you should know that if a fully released sim doesn't work on your computer, there are a lot of factors that have to be considered other than the sim itself before you start running down the developer and product.

I have the 9JULY2009 version of FSUIPC, registered version - so unless you tell me there's an even more current version this is it. I am 100% sure such sharp mistakes cannot be attributed to FSX or my machine - I have never seen anything like this and tested a bunch of stuff on my machine, always resetting the default FSX state before beginning to look at new stuff.

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
ok..lets see...
was your last installation the cs 767?
if you answer yes to this... i recomend you to remove all the fsuipc files inside the modules folder in fsx..and then install a new copy of fsuipc... i am using the payware version 4.30 and this bird fly beautifull without any problem..a perfect machine... remember..anytime that you install the 767 or the 757..ou have to install a clean copy of the fsiupc...this is only if you are having problem with the autopilot and any gauges...thanks Wink

IP Logged

signmanbob

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 7:34pm
Print Post  
Patrick Rizzo wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 6:42pm:
Quote:

I have the 9JULY2009 version of FSUIPC, registered version - so unless you tell me there's an even more current version this is it. I am 100% sure such sharp mistakes cannot be attributed to FSX or my machine - I have never seen anything like this and tested a bunch of stuff on my machine, always resetting the default FSX state before beginning to look at new stuff.

Patrick, you need to check your system.  The problems your having have nothing to do with Captain Sim's software.
Your 100% confidence is lacking.
My autopilot works perfect.  Actually better than the competitors version.  I flew the other last night and it didn't follow the flight path as accurately as Captain Sim's.  I had to correct it with "heading select".
I am flying from LEPA to LOWS right now and my speed and flight path are followed perfectly with CS.  I even performed a Direct To after takeoff, and the path was shown on the HSI and the 767 followed it flawlessly.
If you are really a reviewer, you shouldn't be jumping to conclusions until you check all the possibilities.  You have a responsibility to your readers to be correct in your findings and not just bashing developers.
My VNAV and LNAV along with localizer capture, approach and full autoland, all work flawlessly.

IP Logged

juniorpm21

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
1000000 % agree with signmanbob
can any ADMIN edit the intro text in this post or post name...  Wink

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 5:47am
Print Post  
The "autopilot doesn't work" vs "the autopilot works" argument will never die.

The correct answer is: the autopilot works.  How do I know this?  Because it works for me.  Things that don't work because they are defective don't work period, for everyone.  I don't how many times I have seen this autopilot canard, and, while I feel for people who are frustrated, you have to look to your system, not something broken in the Captain Sim product.

I think everyone who has the autopilot not working issue should submit everything systems, everything they have running -- Active Sky, and everything -- and let's try to figure out the common denominator.  Autopilot is uncommonly accurate in Captain Sim products.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32ā€ Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

ESG

Re: Autopilot?
Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Patrick Rizzo wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 12:45pm:
Hi,

I just aborted an Atlantic crossing midway through the flight as it was futile to contine. The aircraft stopped following the computed flight path in LNAV mode and pitched to the right by 5°, making endless circles so to speak. I tried to manually adjust the aircraft and put it back on course to intercept the desired navigation track, and locked in HDG Select - nothing happens. When I intercepted the original waypoint track, the aircraft started its right turn maneuver all over again.

Best regards, Patrick

I am having a similar issue. LNAV function work great until 200-100 nm to the airport (it seems to happen more on longer flights), and then reverts into HDG HOLD. DISCLAIMER: The autopilot works, but seems (possibly) to have a bug. The 757 does not have the same issue. This issue is present on both the 763 and 763F. Hope there is a solution!

ESG

IP Logged

aceridgey

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:32pm
Print Post  

GUYS GUYS

i have a solution.

Basically on my testing, i found that if i windowed it, and then had applications running, and then went back to full screen,

it would suddenly happen on me!

So,, i open task manager, ctrl+alt+del, and see whats taking up the most resources.

to my surprise, even though i nuts it down, AVG anti virus was still somehow running.

i uninstalled it, and i also turn off windows vista sidebar before a captain sim flight...

its basically to do with resources,, shut down as many apps as u can, i did, and it works..

p.s btw i have an extremely powerful PC, so its not that it cant handle it, CS aircraft just cant handle it Wink

Hope this helps!!

if soo, would love to hear about it

All the best

Alex

IP Logged

Alcides Segovia

Reply #18 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
This is the same problem i have been having since 757 4.1 and im still getting it on 767-300/200 the only thing i could do was merge the 767 with the another company even though of i love the captain sim 767

IP Logged

tolip2
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 5:47am:
The "autopilot doesn't work" vs "the autopilot works" argument will never die.

The correct answer is: the autopilot works.  How do I know this?  Because it works for me.  Things that don't work because they are defective don't work period, for everyone.

Oh man, remind me never to hire you as a software developer or beta tester  Wink

The autopilot works perfectly for me... mostly!
Sometimes though, it gets a life of its own, including the behavior described in this thread. This has ruined many flights. The bird can go from rock solid to doing confusing infinte circles and other strange things in no time.

The good thing is, I just discovered what was causing this for me.
My yoke and pedals are not completely stable. Sometimes when returned to the neutral position they would not really be neutral (the Saitek users know what I mean  Angry) so instead they would start fighting with the autopilot. After a while, bad things start to happen. I'm using the autopilot in many other airplanes on a regular basis and this issue never shows up in them so perhaps the CS767 is more sensitive than other airplanes.

In short, if you're sometimes having weird problems with the autopilot, it's definitely worth checking out your input controls. FSUIPC is really helpful for this. Simply calibrating might help. If the controls are crappy like mine though and don't return to the exact same neutral position every time, increasing the deadzone might be the only way.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Sounds to me like my statement was proved correct: you isolated a problem that was local, rather than a bug in the software, hence the autopilot works!  Anyways, glad you figured it out!

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32ā€ Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen,

I think we should follow Mr. C's suggestion and keep this a friendly thread but that IS my opinion only.

I am copying one of my threads  from the 'rolling/rocking' thread in this forum JUST to offer a solution that MAY work for some:

Hi all,

While I don't recomend changing the 767-200 files unless you know what you are doing, I thought I'd share what I did:

I used the ORIGINAL 767-200 cfg file with the 767 Freighter air file renamed as required and guess what.

Spoilers work as they should(armed/auto deployment) and the 200 is as rock steady as the Freighter. Tested on ILS to 08L at KATL.

So, my conclusion: there is something amiss in the 200 air file but the fix, for me, was easy.

All my testing was necessary at the time but I believe now not necessary if you have the Freighter and BACKUP the 200 air files before copying the F air file and renaming.

Thought this was an interesting find. I don't have the 300 but suspect it will work as well.

Jack S.

Smiley

IP Logged

Sammy

Autopilot
Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Captain sim support is really bad. Everytime I ask a question in the knowledge base it comes back with a kb# that has nothing to do with  my question. Why doesn't AP work? I bought the 757 a year ago and dont use it because AP doesnt work. I just bought the 767 because of the sale and the same thing. I fly another company 767 and it should work the same way. During flight, cmd on,heading bug at select heading, right click knob nothing happens. What up with this plane. can someone help?

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Autopilot
Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
try installing another version of FSUIPC. (free version is good enough)
I always have similar problems with the included FSUIPC versions.

IP Logged

travis

Step by Step Instuctions on how to Set Auto Pilot
Reply #24 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hi All!  I purchased 767 Captain about 2 weeks back and I still can't complete a flight.  I've read all of the cs767 manuals and I'm still at a loss.  So far, the closest that I've been able to come to making a flight is programming the flight computer with all required info and getting the airplane to take off via auto take-off.  Nevertheless, after takeoff I click LNAV and VNAV hoping that that will get my plane to fly a route.  Instead, the plane just starts to climb at an extremely high rate which eventually causes the plane to stall.  Also, as opposed to starting to fly to route that I've programmed into the flight computer, the only thing that the plane does is continual sharp right hand turns over the airport that I took off from.  Lastly, every time I try to set the auto pilot button (left, right, or center) they remain inactive. 

Can anyone please give this frustrated pilot some help?  I've tried following the youtube 757 tutorials and it still does not complete solve my problem.  Sad 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CHEERS!!!!

Travis

IP Logged

Howell

Re: Step by Step Instuctions on how to Set Auto Pilot
Reply #25 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
  Travis,

Take a look at this from youtube.  He uses 737 fmc and it comes in 4 parts.  This guy is good and the basic to use the FMS are the same in CS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfclBlXWB9E

IP Logged

Howell

Reply #26 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:46pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

travis

Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Hey!  I tried the youtube video that you recommended, but I still can not get the autopilot to engage.  Also, upon takeoff my 767 tries to go into an almost vertical climb until it stalls. 

Anyone else running into this problem?

IP Logged

travis

Reply #28 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:12pm:
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 1219. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

Hey there!  I looked at the Knowledge Base #1219 and that does not help me regarding my flight problems.  The 2 problems that are keeping me grounded and not allowing me to enjoy my new 767s is: 1.  Upon takeoff, my plane goes into a vertical climp until it stalls and falls to the ground.  2.  I have tried every way possible to set the autopilot and have not had any success at all.  Any guidance to get me up and flying would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Superluminal

Reply #29 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
travis wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:24pm:
1.  Upon takeoff, my plane goes into a vertical climp until it stalls and falls to the ground.  2.  I have tried every way possible to set the autopilot and have not had any success at all.  Any guidance to get me up and flying would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elevator trim set ?

IP Logged

travis

Reply #30 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Superluminal wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:45pm:
travis wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:24pm:
1.  Upon takeoff, my plane goes into a vertical climp until it stalls and falls to the ground.  2.  I have tried every way possible to set the autopilot and have not had any success at all.  Any guidance to get me up and flying would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elevator trim set ?

Of course.  But that still would not explain not being able to set autopilot!   Cry

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Reply #31 - Feb 17th, 2010 at 8:11am
Print Post  
Please check-in to Your Profile, click Product name link and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 4065.

IP Logged

MD

Autopilot doesn't work on 767 and 757
Reply #32 - Mar 6th, 2010 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
I have had my 767 and 757 for quite some time now and i haven't been able to get the autopilot to work at all.  When ever i try to activate it only speed and match work but not altitude or heading or vertical speed.  Actually the gauge for vertical speed doesn't even show the numbers.  I can't get the gauges to light up either and it's been very annoying because i have tried to download the updates but they don't help at all Angry .  If you can help me fix this i would really appreciate it.

IP Logged

AABoeing

Re: Autopilot doesn't work on 767 and 757
Reply #33 - Mar 6th, 2010 at 8:21pm
Print Post  
Have you checked the minimum requirements?

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

rupesh

Re: Autopilot doesn't work on 767 and 757
Reply #34 - Mar 6th, 2010 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
MD wrote on Mar 6th, 2010 at 6:26pm:
I have had my 767 and 757 for quite some time now and i haven't been able to get the autopilot to work at all.  When ever i try to activate it only speed and match work but not altitude or heading or vertical speed.  Actually the gauge for vertical speed doesn't even show the numbers.  I can't get the gauges to light up either and it's been very annoying because i have tried to download the updates but they don't help at all Angry .  If you can help me fix this i would really appreciate it.

First of all, did you purchase the aircraft from Captain Sim? second..although you can work the autopilot with limited function without programming the FMC, have you input data into the FMC and tried the AP? have you read the manuals on working the AP? if you answer yes to all the above question and you still can't get it to work, have you tried a redownload and then reinstall?

IP Logged

arashmaz

autopilot
Reply #35 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
Hi..i can't use autopikot for 767...for example altitude holder & heading holder..can someone explain this to me?

Thanks

IP Logged

mbucholski

Re: autopilot
Reply #36 - Apr 17th, 2010 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
First of all: don't press HOLD below the HDG select knob. In order to make HDG work, press the knob with your right mouse button and select the desired heading. That should activate heading capture.

Altitude hold works as follows: on the MCP select your desired altitude with the knob. Don't press HOLD or anything. To capture your altitude use the Vertical Speed mode. Press V/S and select your vertical speed. If the selected altitude is below your current altitude, select a negative vertical speed. If it's above - select a positive rate of climb. And that's it. When approaching selected altitude, the AP will automatically capture it and switch to ALT HOLD mode. Read the manual, it's there for ya.

IP Logged

arashmaz

Reply #37 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:26am
Print Post  
i can't run it....

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #38 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 10:28am
Print Post  
What exactly?

IP Logged

arashmaz

Reply #39 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 11:45am
Print Post  
autopikot...

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #40 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 11:53am
Print Post  

IP Logged

arashmaz

Reply #41 - Apr 18th, 2010 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
oh man when i want to take off;what shall i do? when i engage a/t, it gone very slowly...& i can't set V/S..when i set v/s to +1500 nothing happened...

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #42 - Apr 20th, 2010 at 6:46am
Print Post  
The Captain Sim 767 is an advanced and complex airplane to fly. You really need to read the manuals as well as reading through the forum here for information and tips on flying it. There is plenty in here.

It would also be a good idea to view the video tutorials HERE. Although they were done in the CS 757, the similarity is so close that you should be able to follow it in the 767 and that will be enough to get you started.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

dacia

Reply #43 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
hi there,

i know all the stuff with irs, etc. etc.
it is not the first airplane i try to fly, so please dont send me any links to tutorial videos:) only for your information, never had any problems with the cs757 though.

but it seems as if the airplane has a problem with some systems, mostly win7.
i use win7 aswell, never had any problems with the 757.

i can run the autopilot ( lights are working) flight director is moving. but the aircraft simply doenst follow the flightdirector.

the only thing that works with the autopilot is vertical speed.

speed, heading is not working at all.
- not with the heading button(i know right click on heading sel Smiley )
- not with lnav
same with speed,
-not with ias
-not with vnav

what is worng with this airplane?

btw. fsupic 4,53 is installed.

its a shame, that we pay a lot of money and nothing happens.

if it is a problem with win7, there should be a fix. first of all because it says MINIMUM requirements winxp or vista.

and even more because it is already working with the 757...

PLEASE HELP ME!

IP Logged

dacia

Reply #44 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
or what just came into my mind..

is there a possibility to get the 1.3 Version or before of the aircraft?
maybe it will work with that one!?

i dont have a clue..

Thanks!

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #45 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 11:52am
Print Post  
dacia wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:34pm:
or what just came into my mind..

is there a possibility to get the 1.3 Version or before of the aircraft?
maybe it will work with that one!?

i dont have a clue..

Thanks!

It works perfectly on my Win7 Ultimate x64 machine.
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the aircraft?

When installing with windows 7 you must first right click on the installation folder select properties then select the compatibility tab (2nd tab) and down the bottom you will find a box marked run as administrator. Tick that box then save and close, then run the installer.

Before you try reinstalling I would completely uninstall the 767 by removing all registry settings and I would even uninstall fsx.cfg and letting that rebuild itself.

If that doesn't fix it I would look into something else on your system as the aircraft does everything it should on my Win7 install.

I'm assuming you have purchased the aircraft and it's not a torrent.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

skelly18

Reply #46 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Anyone know anything else about this problem?

I have a similar issue: in a large proportion of flights (but not all) with CS767-300 the LNAV and HDG functions will stop working and the aircraft will gently bank left or right until it stalls (lights etc. on AP panel still illuminated, AP still engaged, FD still working) BUT AP doesn't control bank/heading. I can disengage AP and fly manually but as soon as AP is re-engaged, same problem.

Usually happens towards end of flight, and sometimes (but certainly NOT always) when intercepting LOC.

Please help - fantastic aircraft, but usually can't complete a flight.

PS Have read this thread and others and tried all fixes suggested.

IP Logged

skelly18

Reply #47 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Having completely reinstalled FSX, cleared all FSUIPC files (the newest vers. 4.6) from my machine, reinstalled FSX and CS767 and FSUIPC 4.3 - everything works!

Seems FSUIPC is the problem for me - vers. 4.3 works. Tried reinstalling FSUIPC 4.6, and got the same autopilot not following flight director problem. Removed all FSUIPC and installed FSUIPC4.3 - and all works well.

IP Logged

CesarSMX

flight flight flight!!!!

Reply #48 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
same here I just bought it! and the only thing of autopilot working  is altitude and V/S. I am running win7, so I hope that we get a fix soon!. greetings!

Windows 7 64b//Core i7 3770k OC 4.5GHz//8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz//ASUS GTX970 STRIX//ASUS P8Z77 V DELUXE // 27" ASUS  IPS//Logitech G940//CS757, CS767, CS727//FSGlobal2010, Reality Touchdown 2010, REX4, Taxi2Gate.

IP Logged

CesarSMX

flight flight flight!!!!

Reply #49 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:55am
Print Post  
skelly18 wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:48pm:
Having completely reinstalled FSX, cleared all FSUIPC files (the newest vers. 4.6) from my machine, reinstalled FSX and CS767 and FSUIPC 4.3 - everything works!

Seems FSUIPC is the problem for me - vers. 4.3 works. Tried reinstalling FSUIPC 4.6, and got the same autopilot not following flight director problem. Removed all FSUIPC and installed FSUIPC4.3 - and all works well.

HEY!!! i did that!! i just reinstalled CS767->Deleted FSUIPC->Installed FSUIPC4.3  and now works like a charm!! well i think! i on a flight right now and it looks ok. lets see how it end  Grin  .Greetings

Windows 7 64b//Core i7 3770k OC 4.5GHz//8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz//ASUS GTX970 STRIX//ASUS P8Z77 V DELUXE // 27" ASUS  IPS//Logitech G940//CS757, CS767, CS727//FSGlobal2010, Reality Touchdown 2010, REX4, Taxi2Gate.

IP Logged

Ciboulette

Reply #50 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I posted the exact same question 3 days ago on the 757 Auto pilot thread but... no joy... Undecided

Don't worry this is a question concerning both aircrafts.

Page 40 of the "B767 PART II – Aircraft Systems" manual (p37 for 757)  I can read:

18. Speed Knob
:

... "When VNAV is engaged, pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob. A subsequent push transfers the speed control from the speed knob to the FMS.

When the speed knob has control, the IAS/MACH indicator displays the selected speed. A blank display indicates that the FMS has control of the speed.

Manual speed selection (speed intervene) does not disengage VNAV...

No matter how I click on this knob:
Right click, left click, 2D, 3D panel I can't "push" the knob in order to engage manual speed selection and left VNAV engaged. It react as if I wanted to twist the knob, as if the sensitive area had been forgoten.

So my questions are:

I never get a blank speed display showing that FMS as control of the speed. is that normal ?

Is the manual wrong and there's no manual speed selection mode while VNAV is active ?

Am I clicking the wrong way ? What would be the good way to push the knob ?

Thanks for helping  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #51 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Ciboulette wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:23pm:
Hello,

I posted the exact same question 3 days ago on the 757 Auto pilot thread but... no joy... Undecided

Don't worry this is a question concerning both aircrafts.

Page 40 of the "B767 PART II – Aircraft Systems" manual (p37 for 757)  I can read:

18. Speed Knob
:

... "When VNAV is engaged, pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob. A subsequent push transfers the speed control from the speed knob to the FMS.

When the speed knob has control, the IAS/MACH indicator displays the selected speed. A blank display indicates that the FMS has control of the speed.

Manual speed selection (speed intervene) does not disengage VNAV...

No matter how I click on this knob:
Right click, left click, 2D, 3D panel I can't "push" the knob in order to engage manual speed selection and left VNAV engaged. It react as if I wanted to twist the knob, as if the sensitive area had been forgoten.

So my questions are:

I never get a blank speed display showing that FMS as control of the speed. is that normal ?

Is the manual wrong and there's no manual speed selection mode while VNAV is active ?

Am I clicking the wrong way ? What would be the good way to push the knob ?

Thanks for helping  Wink

In the Captain Sim 757 and 767 the IAS/MACH Indicator it is normal for it to remain visible.

You can't use SPD while using VNAV. VNAV controls the vertical and climb speeds. If you press the SPD button, the VNAV button will be turned OFF on the A/P, and the plane should climb at the speed you select AND the VSI that it was using when the SPD button was pressed, if it can.

Press the button marked SPD to the left of the "knob" (on the A/P Panel and not the "knob" itself. I use the Right Mouse Button and Left Mouse Button on the "knob" to change the IAS/MACH numbers. You can change the climb speed by entering a value in the CDU VNAV climb page Left LSK2 (in both the cs757_manual5 and cs767_manual5, page 51). I use VNAV 99% of the time for climbing.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ciboulette

Reply #52 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:02pm:
In the Captain Sim 757 and 767 the IAS/MACH Indicator it is normal for it to remain visible.

All right so the Manual is wrong as it explains a feature that is not implemented : "A blank display indicates that the FMS has control of the speed"

You can't use SPD while using VNAV. VNAV controls the vertical and climb speeds.

That's right but you should be able to adjust speed while pushing the speed knob without disengaging Vnav (I do not talk about the SPD button): "When VNAV is engaged, pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob...Manual speed selection (speed intervene) does not disengage VNAV"

If you press the SPD button, the VNAV button will be turned OFF on the A/P, and the plane should climb at the speed you select AND the VSI that it was using when the SPD button was pressed, if it can.

Yes I agree with that but the SPD button is not the problem  Smiley

I use the Right Mouse Button and Left Mouse Button on the "knob" to change the IAS/MACH numbers.

Yes so there is no Knob Pushbutton as decribed in the manual: "pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob. A subsequent push transfers the speed control from the speed knob to the FMS."
this citation refers to the speed knob and not SPD switch

Hope this helps.

Yeah now I'am 90% sure the manual describes an autopilot feature that is not implemented in the plane  Embarrassed

I submited a ticket and CS says "Thank you for your issue report, the issue is forwarded to our development team for consideration"

IP Logged

ChinookGuy

How does this work again?

Reply #53 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Do you have a disconnect in the CDU?  I have noticed that the airplane will circle around the last valid point in the CDU until a new waypoint is entered and execuited.   Just a thought.

Driver of C.S. 75, 76,and 777 Aircraft.&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777.html
IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #54 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I know I'm a little late, but I just got the registered version of FSUIPC 4.3, and it works gracefully Grin. I'm so happy it is working now  Cheesy

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #55 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A blank display

I'd like to see this one fixed.

IP Logged

timmiek

Reply #56 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Question 1: Does anyone have the problem with capt sims 757 and 767- when I am in the Virtual cockpit mode the ac does not seem to want to follow the flight plan/red line, it keeps veering off the course, sometimes quite drasticly.
I use the EZDOC camera in the VC mode. As soon as I go to view the Cabin or anywhere outside the AC, its like the auto pilot just disconnects. BAD. I ended up upside down one time.

Question 2: Basically the same question but not from the VC, its when i go to the outside view mode- the AC just goes off autopilot and veers sharply either one way or the other, almost imediately.

This makes it VERY hard to enjoy a long flight by touring around inside and out of the ac- when i sit in a passenger seat and look out the window only to find out we're upside down diving at the ground. pretty much kills the passenger mood as they all start screaming.

anyone have a fix for this? or is it happening to anyone else?
thanks.

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
I'm proud to say I have NO Problems with the autopilot in the 767. I have the 757 from CS, but its for FS9. I got the 757 from Just Flight, and have some rocking problems, but that is because I haven't updated it to 4.4. Not sure how to fix your problem though. Sorry Lips Sealed

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

ByBry

767 Autopilot
Reply #58 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
It is with sadness that I must declare the 767 autopilot a dismal failure.

I posted this before but received no real help.  I've now installed FSX on a second computer and installed the Captain's 767 on that computer.  That now makes 2 computers (one running XP, one running Windows 7) on which the 767 autopilot will not engage.  The speed control engages, the Flight Director engages but not any one of the 3 AP switches will activitate the AP system.  Yes, I programmed the CDU (KDFW to KBOS),  Nothing, nada, nyet.

My frustration with this aircraft is beyond acceptance.  I have every Captain sim model made and every one works just fine.  The 767 does not and I am very disappointed.  Since this is a new computer with a new FSX and no old .dll ghosts running around I thought it was perfect.  It isn't!

The 767 looks nice, flys nice, just doesn't work 100%.  I did write to tech support, they told me to come to the forum.  I did.  No solution from them, no solution here either.

Suffice to say that my recommendation on purchasing the 767 would be to not do so.

CLS makes a 767 as does another company and they work flawlessly.    Angry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: 767 Autopilot
Reply #59 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Are you using the same file (csx767_1400.exe I assume), from the first computer, to install it on the second computer?

That would also mean that you purchased the download version. So if you are, Check-In to your Profile, get a new link by using the Extended Download Service and downloaded the file again. Uninstalled the 767 and then reinstalled it with the NEW file. Hopefully it will work properly.

It appears that sometimes a download seems to be downloaded completely, but it isn't. That's really the only thing I can think of that could be causing this. Especially if it is happening on another computer.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Karolina

Re: 767 Autopilot
Reply #60 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Hello, I have some problems too and want to try to download it again if it solves it. I know the download service was in the profile, but now I can“t find it. Undecided

Edit: Sorry I found it now  Wink

i5-750 2,7Ghz&&ATI HD5850 1Gb&&8Gb Kingston Hyper X 1600Mhz&&500Gb WD Black 7200 - System&&2Tb WD Green edition 7200 USB 3&&24" 1920x1080 LED&&

IP Logged

ByBry

Reply #61 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 10:25pm
Print Post  
Yes I did as suggested.  Uninstalled 767, got a new d/l from Captain Sim and problem still exist.

No other Captain Sim aircraft gives me any grief. Not the 757, nor 727, nor 707, nor C130, nor B52.  I have lots of sim experience (since FS 2002) and a lot of Captain aircraft (both 2004 and FSX). That's why this frustrates me so much. 

Two separate computers, same problem.

IP Logged

ALatz

Reply #62 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Hello I am new to the Captain Sim Aircraft B767 and after configuration of IRS, I get an "Enter IRS Position" on the FMC, I enter the position, program the FMC, then takeoff and the upon command of the Autopilot LNAV and VNAV, my aircraft will go to the flight plan and once centered will will bank 5 degrees to the right an d 5 degrees to the left.  The airplane also climbs during this and I have to push forward to prevent a stall.  I can fly manually with no problem.  But the second it hit the CMD key my airplane does the banking and climbing thing again.  Anybody know what is causing this????

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #63 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Hi ALatz

Some have posted replies to this problem saying that downloading and installing the latest FSUIPC (v4.60) from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html fixes this problem. Others, saying that earlier versions than the one that ships with the 757 can also fix this. Unfortunately I can't verify any of this because I've never had this problem. Mine works fine on all the versions of FSUIPC that I have from about v4.20 onwards.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #64 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
When CS updates the next 767 update, instead of using FSUIPC, could they use SimConnect like precision?

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

duchcmutdee2

Reply #65 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
to Markoz
you just install FSUIPC in FS only have to adjust anything or not, because I have FSUIPC installed 4.3 and it works with the CS757, CS767 has also failed to have lights and LNAV CMD, but the aircraft did not fly under the FMC roadmap  Undecided

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #66 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
AABoeing wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 2:16pm:
When CS updates the next 767 update, instead of using FSUIPC, could they use SimConnect like precision?
KB #4065:

Q: My 767 is rolling/rocking/porpoising.

A:
We are aware of this problem. Unfortunately this is a floating issue that appears on some systems on some flights in some conditions.
The reason is difficult to track down but we keep trying. Please post your observations in this topic, the more information we get the better.

Also you can read this discussion on the same issue on the 757. There are a lot of users' tips and tricks, if some of them work for you (or don't) please post your feedback
here.

IMPORTANT: We would not recommend using any sim rate except NORMAL because nobody knows that MSFS core ignores calculating custom systems programming at higher or lower sim rates.

We are working on total FSUIPC removal from our code to eliminate the FSUIPC compatibility issues once and for all.

So FSUIPC will be out of the equation at some stage in the future. Hopefully. They are doing the same for the 757.

duchcmutdee2 wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 4:23pm:
to Markoz
you just install FSUIPC in FS only have to adjust anything or not, because I have FSUIPC installed 4.3 and it works with the CS757, CS767 has also failed to have lights and LNAV CMD, but the aircraft did not fly under the FMC roadmap  Undecided
You just install it over the top of the old version, it overwrites the old with the new, and as far s I know you don't need to adjust anything. I have always removed the previous versions first, then installed the latest.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #67 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 2:28am
Print Post  
I knew about FSUIPC removal, but I was just giving an example on what could be used to fix the problem. (maybe)  Wink

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #68 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 9:34am
Print Post  
AABoeing wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 2:28am:
I knew about FSUIPC removal, but I was just giving an example on what could be used to fix the problem. (maybe)  Wink

OK. Sorry. I didn't know you knew, but now I do know you knew. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

iPetroSS

Reply #69 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 10:35am
Print Post  
Can I ask how can I hold a specific heading on my CD 767? The Heading Hold doesn't deem to affect my heading.

Smiley

Ī‘Ī­ĻĪ±Ļ‚ ĻƒĻ„Ī± Ļ†Ļ„ĪµĻĪ¬ Ī¼Ī±Ļ‚ - Wind beneath our wings

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #70 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
You must right click on the Heading Selector.

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

iPetroSS

Reply #71 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Thank you aaboeing.
I'm sure this will work as I've never tried right-clicking on the knob

Ī‘Ī­ĻĪ±Ļ‚ ĻƒĻ„Ī± Ļ†Ļ„ĪµĻĪ¬ Ī¼Ī±Ļ‚ - Wind beneath our wings

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #72 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 1:18am
Print Post  
iPetroSS wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 5:18pm:
Thank you aaboeing.
I'm sure this will work as I've never tried right-clicking on the knob
If you have Show cockpit ToolTips checked, then when you mouse over the Heading Select Knob it shows Heading Hold Engaged (Right Click to Engage). Sometimes it's really useful to have them turned on. I have the cockpit ToolTips on all the time.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

leovi1pilot

767 300 autopilot sequence
Reply #73 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Hi i'm able to configurate the IRS and the FMC with all the required data to start flying ;the plane climb in FD mode but when I try to switch to autopilot the plane looses speed and stalls Can anybody tell me about the right sequence of switching from fd T/O mode to A/P mode ?    Thanks   leovi1pilot

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: 767 300 autopilot sequence
Reply #74 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Here is how I do it.

1. While taxiing to the runway, I turn on the FD, LNAV and VNAV.
2. When lined up on the runway. Turn the A/T Arm switch ON.
3. When ready to takeoff, press EPR. This allows the 767 immediate control of the throttles.
4. At 200 feet AGL, I press the CMD.

This way works fine for me.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #75 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 6:48am
Print Post  
Have a slight issue with VNAV in that once airborne and LNAV, VNAV and CMD are selected the aircraft only climbs at around 100 to 200 fpm!!! This takes about 300nm for it to reach it's programmed altitude. The only way I see to get it there quicker is to select flight change and adjust rate of climb manually. In doing this the aircraft then slows down to a stall and no matter what one does to rectify this, kiss bye bye to your flight.

Anyone have a solution to this other than "read the manual" as I have done Smiley

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #76 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 8:31am
Print Post  
VNAV and LNAV follow the plan and other data that is entered into the FMC. What are you entering into the FMC for your flight? It really sounds like something is not set correctly and that's why it only climbs at 300fpm. Mine doesn't get to that low climb rate until it's almost at cruise altitude.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #77 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 8:58am
Print Post  
Enter the initial altitude of say 2000ft including speed. on reaching that I then enter the next flight level, say 7000ft including speed (which for Southampton is TA) after that I then enter say 34000ft but leave the speed at 240 as it's below 10000ft. On reaching/passing 10000ft I then increase speed bug to 306 which was calculated by the CDU earlier.

Even with doing this it should still climb at it's optimal 1800ft and maintain it's speed set on the FMC,

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #78 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Where are you entering this information? Are you using SIDs and STARs in your flight plan?
If that information is included in the FMC, then all you should need to do is take off, turn on VNAV and LNAV then press the CMD button. The 767 should then stick to those settings.
Any altitude or speed constraints should be entered on the LEGS pages of the FMC and, once again, the A/P should stick to them.
I don't know if you are, but you make it sound like YOU are entering the information into the A/P and not letting it follow the FMC. Which could be the reason it isn't working correctly.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #79 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
The flight plan is loaded via the CDU then I find out active runways and enter the relevant SID's and Star's and as it should be, the CDU should control all aspects of the flight. Nope, the rate of climb is so low if it got any lower it would be in reverse!!

I usually use the Project Magenta's Boeing Suite of software and on default aircraft (737/747) I have no issues although their CDU has a lot more options (as per the original CDU, have the manual) which are not available with this one.

My issue is still the same, I have to disconnect VNAV and manually gain altitude and if I don't keep an eye on things it will go into a stall! This should not be happening and I'm at a loss as to how to remedy it and I cannot hook PM's software into the aircraft.

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

m de bruin

767 captain fmc ap
Reply #80 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Hi there,
I recently had a computer crash and had to reinstall fsx, but when i tried to reinstall the CS767 it didn't work properly...When i load it up i switch all the IRS nobs to "Allign" but then it goes to fault right away and i cant get them to allign.  And when i turn the APU nob to "Start" it flashes "fault" once then "run" twice like usual but then nothing happens and it doesn't start...I have uninstalled and reinstalled at least twenty times and once in a while the IRS works so I load up the FMC and autopilot and everything is going not working normal (except for the APU, that still doesn't work) and take off, after climbing about 5000 ft i switch on the autopilot but then for some reason the yoke jams all the way to the left and then all the way to the right in really quick succession making the ailerons move very violently and the whole aircraft itself...Please help me, it would be much appreciated

regard michel

IP Logged

Clarky

767-300 Autopilot Not Functioning Correctly
Reply #81 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Hi,

I have an issue where my autopilot does not control heading or speed.  It will control Vertical Speed and Altitude but will not change heading when heading is selected/held or LNAV activated, or change engine speed when speed, autothrottle and/or VNAV are selected.

I have programmed the FMC for a flight, aligned the IRS correctly and gone through the manual several times to ensure correct setup.  When FMC programmed, VNAV functions for altitude but not speed and LNAV does not work at all (even when selected).

The only way I can control my heading is manually (not good for long flights) and speed is manual the entire time.  I have searched the forums and the KB and it just says the same stuff I have already been doing.  I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the aircraft with no effect.  Any help greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Clarky

Reply #82 - Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
I have fixed the issue by installing an OLDER version of FSUIPC.  I tried the included version (4.53) then 4.6 and then went back to 4.3 and hey presto, it works.  What is the point of spending nearly AUD$60 on an aircraft to have to use older versions of modules included??  Especially when I actually use those modules.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #83 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 11:36am
Print Post  
Clarky wrote on Jan 26th, 2011 at 11:33pm:
I have fixed the issue by installing an OLDER version of FSUIPC.  I tried the included version (4.53) then 4.6 and then went back to 4.3 and hey presto, it works.  What is the point of spending nearly AUD$60 on an aircraft to have to use older versions of modules included??  Especially when I actually use those modules.

I own and use the latest version of FSUIPC (4.60a) and the Autopilot works perfectly fine.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

yves samuel

Autopilot Climbing
Reply #84 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Hi,

Is it normal that after 25000 ft the birds climbs at 100 to 400 ft/min? I remember I found somewhere in a forum a topic giving modifications for the aircraft.cfg helping the climbing a bit quicker.
The LVL 767 climbs about 1000 ft/min...
If somebody could help me, thank's in advance...

regards
yves

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Autopilot Climbing
Reply #85 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Mine will climb to the 767's Optimum Altitude at a rate of 1000fpm or more. Are you programming the FMC correctly? Getting the COMPLETE message in the FMC once you have entered all the necessary data?
I know that the LD767 and CS767 FMC are virtually identical, so if you can use one, you can use the other.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

yves samuel

Re: Autopilot Climbing
Reply #86 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
hi,

I think I program the FMC correctly as I use both birds for years and I have the complete message....

Yves

IP Logged

CimberEKSB

Reply #87 - Dec 23rd, 2011 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
That is all very well, but my 767 A/P doesn't work even after re-installing, re-downloading and doing all other tweaks and things in this thread. It simply does not work.
My specs are above the minimum requirements that CS has on their product page.
I have version 1.5.

Nothing works! I can turn on the Flight Director and the Auto Throttle, I can set speed and it will even hold it (the only things that works!).

I have tried it on several routes, long-haul (TXL-JFK), Short haul (LHR-HAM), medium-haul (MAN-FNC). I have paid a lot attention while programming the FMC.

I am NOT able to click on ANY button on the MCP except for the EPR, SPD and SEL button.
My vertical speed gauge on the MCP does not work too.

Luckily did I only pay 9,99 for it but it is still sad to know that it is a waste of money, because there seems not to be any solution for this problem.

Seems like that I have to stick with my another company products until this CS problem has be solved.

Merry Christmas!

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #88 - Dec 26th, 2011 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
I have an issue with the autopilot it won't follow flight plan and it climbs at a steep angle and stalls out during takeoff! I have the latest fsuic 4.7 and 1.5 update ! Angry Any suggestions!

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #89 - Dec 26th, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
We may need more details and maybe a screenshot of the situation.  Undecided

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #90 - Dec 27th, 2011 at 11:01am
Print Post  
CimberEKSB wrote on Dec 23rd, 2011 at 1:24pm:
Seems like that I have to stick with my other products until this CS problem has be solved.

There is obviously no problem with our product as the majority of people do not have it. There is something wrong either with installation or with following Manuals.

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #91 - Dec 27th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
I read the manual backwards and forward and I still have the issue! I program the FMC correctly triple checked my work. When increase my throttles and begin my roll the aircraft will takeoff, the enter a steep climb,it will reach takeoff speed then when I push AP,VNAV,and LNAV the plane loses speed and then stalls out and crashes! Then if a do a manual climb and turn on the auto pilot functions it won't follow flight plan or, the heading hold will not work! I sent a support ticket I was told to read manual in which I did and still the same results. I read here in one of the forums that someone had the same issue and just reverted back to an older version of FSUIC, but the 1.5 update is supposed to remove FSUIC dependecy, if i am correct. I was wonder if maybe it still depending on FSUIC and if so how do go about finding an older version to use? Any suggestions would be helpful. Grin

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #92 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Rather than pushing the throttles forward at the start of the takeoff roll, press the EPR and let the A/T have control right at the start of the flight. Shortly after passing 200 feet AGL, press one of the A/P CMD buttons. This should turn the SPD HOLD, HDG HOLD and V/S on. Then press the VNAV and LNAV buttons.

I have found that if I push the throttles forward at the beginning of the takeoff roll, then press the EPR button when it reaches 80% N1, that it takes a while (sometimes a long while) for the A/T to take hold. So I have to manually control the throttles until it does. I prefer the above method because the A/T is working right from the time I press the EPR button.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #93 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 5:21am
Print Post  
Thanks once again Mark your advice is always on point! Cheesy When I get home I will sure try that method!

IP Logged

Wisec4g

Autopilot Issues
Reply #94 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 11:04am
Print Post  
I've seen that I'm not the only one, but my autopilot functions don't all work correctly.  Sometimes I can't adjust the speed hold, altitude, heading, etc.  The Nav functions never work. 

That being said, do I need to manually program the CDU to have any AP functionality, or can I just use the AP like in regular FSX airliners?  I know I can program the CDU to alter flight plans, but for the time being, I'm just getting used to the 767 and want to fly it like the vanilla FSX airliners.

I am brand new to CS models, but am quite impressed by the detail of this 767. 

Thank you.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Autopilot Issues
Reply #95 - Feb 24th, 2012 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
Two things you need to be aware of.

1. The 767 Captain is a complex aircraft which requires you to set up the FMC for the flight. Although you can just jump into it, start the engines and fly using Heading/Nav (VOR) flights with VS and Altitude Hold functions, it is better to use the FMC with VNAV and LNAV. Because of the similarity between the 757 and 767, I highly recommend that you do the 757-200 FMC Tutorial to familiarize yourself with how to use the FMC for flights.

2. Most times when I load the Captain Sim 767 into FSX, the IAS Mach Indicator displays 000 (should display 200) and the Altitude Indicator displays 00000 (should display 10000). When I se this, quite a few buttons/knobs do not work correctly. This is a small bug that I fix by reloading the 767. So if you see this problem, just reload the 767.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Wisec4g

Re: Autopilot Issues
Reply #96 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 5:04am
Print Post  
^
Thanks that clarifies things a bit more, but often the gauges and the autopilot panel will be completely blank.  Even when they aren't, the V/S never indicates climb/descend rate.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top