Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 78568 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: Captain Sim Autopilot awful
Reply #15 - Jul 13th, 2009 at 5:47am
Print Post  
The "autopilot doesn't work" vs "the autopilot works" argument will never die.

The correct answer is: the autopilot works.  How do I know this?  Because it works for me.  Things that don't work because they are defective don't work period, for everyone.  I don't how many times I have seen this autopilot canard, and, while I feel for people who are frustrated, you have to look to your system, not something broken in the Captain Sim product.

I think everyone who has the autopilot not working issue should submit everything systems, everything they have running -- Active Sky, and everything -- and let's try to figure out the common denominator.  Autopilot is uncommonly accurate in Captain Sim products.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

ESG

Re: Autopilot?
Reply #16 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Patrick Rizzo wrote on Jul 12th, 2009 at 12:45pm:
Hi,

I just aborted an Atlantic crossing midway through the flight as it was futile to contine. The aircraft stopped following the computed flight path in LNAV mode and pitched to the right by 5°, making endless circles so to speak. I tried to manually adjust the aircraft and put it back on course to intercept the desired navigation track, and locked in HDG Select - nothing happens. When I intercepted the original waypoint track, the aircraft started its right turn maneuver all over again.
And yes, the autopilot was on - it was not disconnected.

Best regards, Patrick

I am having a similar issue. LNAV function work great until 200-100 nm to the airport (it seems to happen more on longer flights), and then reverts into HDG HOLD. DISCLAIMER: The autopilot works, but seems (possibly) to have a bug. The 757 does not have the same issue. This issue is present on both the 763 and 763F. Hope there is a solution!

ESG

IP Logged

aceridgey

Reply #17 - Nov 3rd, 2009 at 10:32pm
Print Post  

GUYS GUYS

i have a solution.

Basically on my testing, i found that if i windowed it, and then had applications running, and then went back to full screen,

it would suddenly happen on me!

So,, i open task manager, ctrl+alt+del, and see whats taking up the most resources.

to my surprise, even though i nuts it down, AVG anti virus was still somehow running.

i uninstalled it, and i also turn off windows vista sidebar before a captain sim flight...

its basically to do with resources,, shut down as many apps as u can, i did, and it works..

p.s btw i have an extremely powerful PC, so its not that it cant handle it, CS aircraft just cant handle it Wink

Hope this helps!!

if soo, would love to hear about it

All the best

Alex

IP Logged

Alcides Segovia

Reply #18 - Nov 4th, 2009 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
This is the same problem i have been having since 757 4.1 and im still getting it on 767-300/200 the only thing i could do was merge the 767 with the another company even though of i love the captain sim 767

IP Logged

tolip2
Ex Member

Re: Captain Sim Autopilot awful
Reply #19 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jul 13th, 2009 at 5:47am:
The "autopilot doesn't work" vs "the autopilot works" argument will never die.

The correct answer is: the autopilot works.  How do I know this?  Because it works for me.  Things that don't work because they are defective don't work period, for everyone.

Oh man, remind me never to hire you as a software developer or beta tester  Wink

The autopilot works perfectly for me... mostly!
Sometimes though, it gets a life of its own, including the behavior described in this thread. This has ruined many flights. The bird can go from rock solid to doing confusing infinte circles and other strange things in no time.

The good thing is, I just discovered what was causing this for me.
My yoke and pedals are not completely stable. Sometimes when returned to the neutral position they would not really be neutral (the Saitek users know what I mean  Angry) so instead they would start fighting with the autopilot. After a while, bad things start to happen. I'm using the autopilot in many other airplanes on a regular basis and this issue never shows up in them so perhaps the CS767 is more sensitive than other airplanes.

In short, if you're sometimes having weird problems with the autopilot, it's definitely worth checking out your input controls. FSUIPC is really helpful for this. Simply calibrating might help. If the controls are crappy like mine though and don't return to the exact same neutral position every time, increasing the deadzone might be the only way.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #20 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Sounds to me like my statement was proved correct: you isolated a problem that was local, rather than a bug in the software, hence the autopilot works!  Anyways, glad you figured it out!

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

wsciutti

Reply #21 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Gentlemen,

I think we should follow Mr. C's suggestion and keep this a friendly thread but that IS my opinion only.

I am copying one of my threads  from the 'rolling/rocking' thread in this forum JUST to offer a solution that MAY work for some:

Hi all,

While I don't recomend changing the 767-200 files unless you know what you are doing, I thought I'd share what I did:

I used the ORIGINAL 767-200 cfg file with the 767 Freighter air file renamed as required and guess what.

Spoilers work as they should(armed/auto deployment) and the 200 is as rock steady as the Freighter. Tested on ILS to 08L at KATL.

So, my conclusion: there is something amiss in the 200 air file but the fix, for me, was easy.

All my testing was necessary at the time but I believe now not necessary if you have the Freighter and BACKUP the 200 air files before copying the F air file and renaming.

Thought this was an interesting find. I don't have the 300 but suspect it will work as well.

Jack S.

Smiley

IP Logged

Sammy

Autopilot
Reply #22 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Captain sim support is really bad. Everytime I ask a question in the knowledge base it comes back with a kb# that has nothing to do with  my question. Why doesn't AP work? I bought the 757 a year ago and dont use it because AP doesnt work. I just bought the 767 because of the sale and the same thing. I fly another company 767 and it should work the same way. During flight, cmd on,heading bug at select heading, right click knob nothing happens. What up with this plane. can someone help?

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Re: Autopilot
Reply #23 - Dec 12th, 2009 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
try installing another version of FSUIPC. (free version is good enough)
I always have similar problems with the included FSUIPC versions.

IP Logged

travis

Step by Step Instuctions on how to Set Auto Pilot
Reply #24 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hi All!  I purchased 767 Captain about 2 weeks back and I still can't complete a flight.  I've read all of the cs767 manuals and I'm still at a loss.  So far, the closest that I've been able to come to making a flight is programming the flight computer with all required info and getting the airplane to take off via auto take-off.  Nevertheless, after takeoff I click LNAV and VNAV hoping that that will get my plane to fly a route.  Instead, the plane just starts to climb at an extremely high rate which eventually causes the plane to stall.  Also, as opposed to starting to fly to route that I've programmed into the flight computer, the only thing that the plane does is continual sharp right hand turns over the airport that I took off from.  Lastly, every time I try to set the auto pilot button (left, right, or center) they remain inactive. 

Can anyone please give this frustrated pilot some help?  I've tried following the youtube 757 tutorials and it still does not complete solve my problem.  Sad 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CHEERS!!!!

Travis

IP Logged

Howell

Re: Step by Step Instuctions on how to Set Auto Pilot
Reply #25 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
  Travis,

Take a look at this from youtube.  He uses 737 fmc and it comes in 4 parts.  This guy is good and the basic to use the FMS are the same in CS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfclBlXWB9E

IP Logged

Howell

Reply #26 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 9:46pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

travis

Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2010 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Hey!  I tried the youtube video that you recommended, but I still can not get the autopilot to engage.  Also, upon takeoff my 767 tries to go into an almost vertical climb until it stalls. 

Anyone else running into this problem?

IP Logged

travis

Re: 767 Auto Pilot problem with Time aceleration.
Reply #28 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:24pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Aug 27th, 2009 at 1:12pm:
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 1219. Please be sure to search the Knowledge Base prior to submitting a request for assistance in order to ensure a timely resolution to your issue and avoid your request cancellation and posting removal.

Hey there!  I looked at the Knowledge Base #1219 and that does not help me regarding my flight problems.  The 2 problems that are keeping me grounded and not allowing me to enjoy my new 767s is: 1.  Upon takeoff, my plane goes into a vertical climp until it stalls and falls to the ground.  2.  I have tried every way possible to set the autopilot and have not had any success at all.  Any guidance to get me up and flying would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Superluminal

Re: 767 Auto Pilot problem with Time aceleration.
Reply #29 - Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
travis wrote on Feb 16th, 2010 at 10:24pm:
1.  Upon takeoff, my plane goes into a vertical climp until it stalls and falls to the ground.  2.  I have tried every way possible to set the autopilot and have not had any success at all.  Any guidance to get me up and flying would be greatly appreciated!!!!!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elevator trim set ?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top