Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT - the only thread please (Read 78573 times)
Cappy

Moar fuel please

Re: AUTOPILOT - the only thread please
Reply #45 - Jun 12th, 2010 at 11:52am
Print Post  
dacia wrote on Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:34pm:
or what just came into my mind..

is there a possibility to get the 1.3 Version or before of the aircraft?
maybe it will work with that one!?

i dont have a clue..

Thanks!

It works perfectly on my Win7 Ultimate x64 machine.
Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the aircraft?

When installing with windows 7 you must first right click on the installation folder select properties then select the compatibility tab (2nd tab) and down the bottom you will find a box marked run as administrator. Tick that box then save and close, then run the installer.

Before you try reinstalling I would completely uninstall the 767 by removing all registry settings and I would even uninstall fsx.cfg and letting that rebuild itself.

If that doesn't fix it I would look into something else on your system as the aircraft does everything it should on my Win7 install.

I'm assuming you have purchased the aircraft and it's not a torrent.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

skelly18

Reply #46 - Jul 1st, 2010 at 9:22pm
Print Post  
Anyone know anything else about this problem?

I have a similar issue: in a large proportion of flights (but not all) with CS767-300 the LNAV and HDG functions will stop working and the aircraft will gently bank left or right until it stalls (lights etc. on AP panel still illuminated, AP still engaged, FD still working) BUT AP doesn't control bank/heading. I can disengage AP and fly manually but as soon as AP is re-engaged, same problem.

Usually happens towards end of flight, and sometimes (but certainly NOT always) when intercepting LOC.

Please help - fantastic aircraft, but usually can't complete a flight.

PS Have read this thread and others and tried all fixes suggested.

IP Logged

skelly18

Reply #47 - Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:48pm
Print Post  
Having completely reinstalled FSX, cleared all FSUIPC files (the newest vers. 4.6) from my machine, reinstalled FSX and CS767 and FSUIPC 4.3 - everything works!

Seems FSUIPC is the problem for me - vers. 4.3 works. Tried reinstalling FSUIPC 4.6, and got the same autopilot not following flight director problem. Removed all FSUIPC and installed FSUIPC4.3 - and all works well.

IP Logged

CesarSMX

flight flight flight!!!!

Reply #48 - Jul 7th, 2010 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
same here I just bought it! and the only thing of autopilot working  is altitude and V/S. I am running win7, so I hope that we get a fix soon!. greetings!

Windows 7 64b//Core i7 3770k OC 4.5GHz//8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz//ASUS GTX970 STRIX//ASUS P8Z77 V DELUXE // 27" ASUS  IPS//Logitech G940//CS757, CS767, CS727//FSGlobal2010, Reality Touchdown 2010, REX4, Taxi2Gate.

IP Logged

CesarSMX

flight flight flight!!!!

Reply #49 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:55am
Print Post  
skelly18 wrote on Jul 6th, 2010 at 9:48pm:
Having completely reinstalled FSX, cleared all FSUIPC files (the newest vers. 4.6) from my machine, reinstalled FSX and CS767 and FSUIPC 4.3 - everything works!

Seems FSUIPC is the problem for me - vers. 4.3 works. Tried reinstalling FSUIPC 4.6, and got the same autopilot not following flight director problem. Removed all FSUIPC and installed FSUIPC4.3 - and all works well.

HEY!!! i did that!! i just reinstalled CS767->Deleted FSUIPC->Installed FSUIPC4.3  and now works like a charm!! well i think! i on a flight right now and it looks ok. lets see how it end  Grin  .Greetings

Windows 7 64b//Core i7 3770k OC 4.5GHz//8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz//ASUS GTX970 STRIX//ASUS P8Z77 V DELUXE // 27" ASUS  IPS//Logitech G940//CS757, CS767, CS727//FSGlobal2010, Reality Touchdown 2010, REX4, Taxi2Gate.

IP Logged

Ciboulette

Reply #50 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Hello,

I posted the exact same question 3 days ago on the 757 Auto pilot thread but... no joy... Undecided

Don't worry this is a question concerning both aircrafts.

Page 40 of the "B767 PART II – Aircraft Systems" manual (p37 for 757)  I can read:

18. Speed Knob
:

... "When VNAV is engaged, pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob. A subsequent push transfers the speed control from the speed knob to the FMS.

When the speed knob has control, the IAS/MACH indicator displays the selected speed. A blank display indicates that the FMS has control of the speed.

Manual speed selection (speed intervene) does not disengage VNAV...

No matter how I click on this knob:
Right click, left click, 2D, 3D panel I can't "push" the knob in order to engage manual speed selection and left VNAV engaged. It react as if I wanted to twist the knob, as if the sensitive area had been forgoten.

So my questions are:

I never get a blank speed display showing that FMS as control of the speed. is that normal ?

Is the manual wrong and there's no manual speed selection mode while VNAV is active ?

Am I clicking the wrong way ? What would be the good way to push the knob ?

Thanks for helping  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #51 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Ciboulette wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 2:23pm:
Hello,

I posted the exact same question 3 days ago on the 757 Auto pilot thread but... no joy... Undecided

Don't worry this is a question concerning both aircrafts.

Page 40 of the "B767 PART II – Aircraft Systems" manual (p37 for 757)  I can read:

18. Speed Knob
:

... "When VNAV is engaged, pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob. A subsequent push transfers the speed control from the speed knob to the FMS.

When the speed knob has control, the IAS/MACH indicator displays the selected speed. A blank display indicates that the FMS has control of the speed.

Manual speed selection (speed intervene) does not disengage VNAV...

No matter how I click on this knob:
Right click, left click, 2D, 3D panel I can't "push" the knob in order to engage manual speed selection and left VNAV engaged. It react as if I wanted to twist the knob, as if the sensitive area had been forgoten.

So my questions are:

I never get a blank speed display showing that FMS as control of the speed. is that normal ?

Is the manual wrong and there's no manual speed selection mode while VNAV is active ?

Am I clicking the wrong way ? What would be the good way to push the knob ?

Thanks for helping  Wink

In the Captain Sim 757 and 767 the IAS/MACH Indicator it is normal for it to remain visible.

You can't use SPD while using VNAV. VNAV controls the vertical and climb speeds. If you press the SPD button, the VNAV button will be turned OFF on the A/P, and the plane should climb at the speed you select AND the VSI that it was using when the SPD button was pressed, if it can.

Press the button marked SPD to the left of the "knob" (on the A/P Panel and not the "knob" itself. I use the Right Mouse Button and Left Mouse Button on the "knob" to change the IAS/MACH numbers. You can change the climb speed by entering a value in the CDU VNAV climb page Left LSK2 (in both the cs757_manual5 and cs767_manual5, page 51). I use VNAV 99% of the time for climbing.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Ciboulette

Reply #52 - Jul 8th, 2010 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Jul 8th, 2010 at 3:02pm:
In the Captain Sim 757 and 767 the IAS/MACH Indicator it is normal for it to remain visible.

All right so the Manual is wrong as it explains a feature that is not implemented : "A blank display indicates that the FMS has control of the speed"

You can't use SPD while using VNAV. VNAV controls the vertical and climb speeds.

That's right but you should be able to adjust speed while pushing the speed knob without disengaging Vnav (I do not talk about the SPD button): "When VNAV is engaged, pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob...Manual speed selection (speed intervene) does not disengage VNAV"

If you press the SPD button, the VNAV button will be turned OFF on the A/P, and the plane should climb at the speed you select AND the VSI that it was using when the SPD button was pressed, if it can.

Yes I agree with that but the SPD button is not the problem  Smiley

I use the Right Mouse Button and Left Mouse Button on the "knob" to change the IAS/MACH numbers.

Yes so there is no Knob Pushbutton as decribed in the manual: "pushing the speed knob transfers control of the aircraft speed to the FMS from the speed knob. A subsequent push transfers the speed control from the speed knob to the FMS."
this citation refers to the speed knob and not SPD switch

Hope this helps.

Yeah now I'am 90% sure the manual describes an autopilot feature that is not implemented in the plane  Embarrassed

I submited a ticket and CS says "Thank you for your issue report, the issue is forwarded to our development team for consideration"

IP Logged

ChinookGuy

How does this work again?

Reply #53 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 6:00pm
Print Post  
Do you have a disconnect in the CDU?  I have noticed that the airplane will circle around the last valid point in the CDU until a new waypoint is entered and execuited.   Just a thought.

Driver of C.S. 75, 76,and 777 Aircraft.&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x777.html
IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #54 - Jul 10th, 2010 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
I know I'm a little late, but I just got the registered version of FSUIPC 4.3, and it works gracefully Grin. I'm so happy it is working now  Cheesy

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

mbucholski

Reply #55 - Jul 13th, 2010 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
A blank display

I'd like to see this one fixed.

IP Logged

timmiek

Reply #56 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Question 1: Does anyone have the problem with capt sims 757 and 767- when I am in the Virtual cockpit mode the ac does not seem to want to follow the flight plan/red line, it keeps veering off the course, sometimes quite drasticly.
I use the EZDOC camera in the VC mode. As soon as I go to view the Cabin or anywhere outside the AC, its like the auto pilot just disconnects. BAD. I ended up upside down one time.

Question 2: Basically the same question but not from the VC, its when i go to the outside view mode- the AC just goes off autopilot and veers sharply either one way or the other, almost imediately.

This makes it VERY hard to enjoy a long flight by touring around inside and out of the ac- when i sit in a passenger seat and look out the window only to find out we're upside down diving at the ground. pretty much kills the passenger mood as they all start screaming.

anyone have a fix for this? or is it happening to anyone else?
thanks.

IP Logged

AABoeing

Reply #57 - Aug 17th, 2010 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
I'm proud to say I have NO Problems with the autopilot in the 767. I have the 757 from CS, but its for FS9. I got the 757 from Just Flight, and have some rocking problems, but that is because I haven't updated it to 4.4. Not sure how to fix your problem though. Sorry Lips Sealed

Alex
CFI/CFII

IP Logged

ByBry

767 Autopilot
Reply #58 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 11:24pm
Print Post  
It is with sadness that I must declare the 767 autopilot a dismal failure.

I posted this before but received no real help.  I've now installed FSX on a second computer and installed the Captain's 767 on that computer.  That now makes 2 computers (one running XP, one running Windows 7) on which the 767 autopilot will not engage.  The speed control engages, the Flight Director engages but not any one of the 3 AP switches will activitate the AP system.  Yes, I programmed the CDU (KDFW to KBOS),  Nothing, nada, nyet.

My frustration with this aircraft is beyond acceptance.  I have every Captain sim model made and every one works just fine.  The 767 does not and I am very disappointed.  Since this is a new computer with a new FSX and no old .dll ghosts running around I thought it was perfect.  It isn't!

The 767 looks nice, flys nice, just doesn't work 100%.  I did write to tech support, they told me to come to the forum.  I did.  No solution from them, no solution here either.

Suffice to say that my recommendation on purchasing the 767 would be to not do so.

CLS makes a 767 as does another company and they work flawlessly.    Angry

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: 767 Autopilot
Reply #59 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 6:12am
Print Post  
Are you using the same file (csx767_1400.exe I assume), from the first computer, to install it on the second computer?

That would also mean that you purchased the download version. So if you are, Check-In to your Profile, get a new link by using the Extended Download Service and downloaded the file again. Uninstalled the 767 and then reinstalled it with the NEW file. Hopefully it will work properly.

It appears that sometimes a download seems to be downloaded completely, but it isn't. That's really the only thing I can think of that could be causing this. Especially if it is happening on another computer.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top