Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7  Send TopicPrint
 25 AUTOPILOT-the only thread please (Read 73211 times)
LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Re: AUTOPILOT-the only thread please
Reply #75 - Nov 13th, 2010 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
checharin84,

This simulator is a lot like the real plane.

* Make sure all the engines have fuel - look at the x-feed valves and the fuel level.
* Make sure the generators are connected to the load bus and check essential power on an operating generator.
* Make sure the battery switch is on as well.

I have never had the problem you describe on any of the CS planes and I don't use FSUIPC, just the CS profile.

I hope you can fix your problem.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CesarSMX

flight flight flight!!!!

Reply #76 - Nov 14th, 2010 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
LOU wrote on Nov 13th, 2010 at 8:33pm:
checharin84,

This simulator is a lot like the real plane.

* Make sure all the engines have fuel - look at the x-feed valves and the fuel level.
* Make sure the generators are connected to the load bus and check essential power on an operating generator.
* Make sure the battery switch is on as well.

I have never had the problem you describe on any of the CS planes and I don't use FSUIPC, just the CS profile.

I hope you can fix your problem.

Lou

Hi there! i already check that! I will keep testing it! and when I get the disconnection I will take some pics and post them, thnks a lot!!

Windows 7 64b//Core i7 3770k OC 4.5GHz//8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz//ASUS GTX970 STRIX//ASUS P8Z77 V DELUXE // 27" ASUS  IPS//Logitech G940//CS757, CS767, CS727//FSGlobal2010, Reality Touchdown 2010, REX4, Taxi2Gate.

IP Logged

MatzeH84

Reply #77 - Nov 15th, 2010 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Check in the FSX key commands if there is a key to turn on the generators. If so, use it, and everything will be fine. If not, define one, use it, and again it should work.

IP Logged

CesarSMX

flight flight flight!!!!

Reply #78 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
MatzeH84 wrote on Nov 15th, 2010 at 8:42pm:
Check in the FSX key commands if there is a key to turn on the generators. If so, use it, and everything will be fine. If not, define one, use it, and again it should work.

yep! that was the problem! I dont know why! if I have everything where it need to be. but thanks a lot!

Windows 7 64b//Core i7 3770k OC 4.5GHz//8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz//ASUS GTX970 STRIX//ASUS P8Z77 V DELUXE // 27" ASUS  IPS//Logitech G940//CS757, CS767, CS727//FSGlobal2010, Reality Touchdown 2010, REX4, Taxi2Gate.

IP Logged

Michael2

Reply #79 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
I recently started using version 2.4, after getting Accelertation, which seems to be needed for the AP to work properly since 2.3.  Previously I was using 2.2 and had no problems with the autopilot. 

Now I find that heading select doesn't trip off on capturing the localiser.  I have to manually turn it off before the localiser intercept, or I just keep going.

Anyone else have this problem?

IP Logged

javiercuellar

Reply #80 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I recently started using version 2.4, after getting Accelertation,

I did the same thing  Wink

Quote:
Now I find that heading select doesn't trip off on capturing the localiser.  I have to manually turn it off before the localiser intercept, or I just keep going.

mmm, not for me. What I do:  Alt and Hdg hold both activated. When I'm correctly align to runway, put the knob in Auto GS and HDG will trip off. When GS moves, Alt hold also trips off.

IP Logged

Michael2

Reply #81 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
I've been switching to NAV/LOC with Alt Hold and Heading Select turned on, so as to get on the localiser before the glide slope.  I will try going directly to Auto GS as you suggest. Thanks for the advice.

IP Logged

javiercuellar

Reply #82 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 9:08pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Michael2

Reply #83 - Nov 28th, 2010 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Thanks again -- it worked by selecting Auto GS.

IP Logged

Sawydz

Reply #84 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Hello everybody Wink

I have recently purchased this great 727-100, and I have already dealt with few problems with one exception: whenever I try to capture radial to VOR, AP flies never ending S-turns instead of stabilizing flight on selected course. Is there any cure to this behavior?

Grzegorz

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #85 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I have a question about the VOR/LOC mode of the autopilot.  It is my experience that the CS 727 has a difficult time keeping the CDI centered on a radial of a VOR, and it tends to wander a bit when tracking.  I find that I have to use HDG select mode to manually track radials while the A/P is in the VOR/LOC mode.  This is also how I correct for winds.  Is this normal or user error?  I have the CS 727-100 2.4 version installed with the flight model modification, altitude fix, MDA fix, and EPR mod.  I am using this with FSX Acceleration and Windows 7 64.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #86 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 12:36am
Print Post  
audiohavoc
Reply #85 - Today at 12:25am   I have a question about the VOR/LOC mode of the autopilot.  It is my experience that the CS 727 has a difficult time keeping the CDI centered on a radial of a VOR, and it tends to wander a bit when tracking.  I find that I have to use HDG select mode to manually track radials while the A/P is in the VOR/LOC mode.  This is also how I correct for winds.  Is this normal or user error?  I have the CS 727-100 2.4 version installed with the flight model modification, altitude fix, MDA fix, and EPR mod.  I am using this with FSX Acceleration and Windows 7 64.

I just took the 727 for a test trip around the PNW and tried a few VOR intercepts. I gave it a good workout by being close to the VOR - around 30 miles - and at high speed -300 KTS. I put the autopilot on, with heading select and put the plane on an intercept heading for a selected radial. Here is where I find a problem. When on an intercept heading, and the radial not captured (I made sure I was a long way from capture of the radial) when you are in heading select and you put the autopilot in NAV/LOC, the progress display lights for NAV/LOC should be amber (armed for capture) and the heading light should be green. When the computer sees the radial coming alive, the amber should change to green (capture) and heading select should trip to off. This tripping off of HDG is not happening. I believe forum member CoolP has collected this bug in his summary to CS. When I fly the ILS in this plane and set the autopilot on an intercept heading using HDG select and then arm AUTO G/S I get the proper display on the approach progress lights and the HDG does trip off on LOC intercept. Why it acts in a different manner with the VOR is a mystery to me.  Undecided

For now, when I see the radial start to come alive, I trip off the heading select and the NAV/LOC part then works fine. The autopilot waits a bit longer than I would to start the turn towards the course, but it does turn and intercept the radial and after a small correction, tracks the radial just fine without any zig zags.

Play with the autopilot a bit more and let this forum know your findings.

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #87 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
LOU,

Thanks for the reply, your input is especially helpful and appreciated.  I'll get some more time with the 727 and let you know what I find out.

MSI P67 GD65, i7 2600K @ 5.0 Ghz, 8GB Mushkin 2133MHz memory, EVGA GTX 580, Thermalright Venomous X CPU cooler, OCZ Fatal1ty 700w PSU, 64GB Kingston V Series SSD Gen 2, 128GB Corsair M4 SSD, Windows 7 Premium 64-bit

IP Logged

audiohavoc

Reply #88 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
On my flight today I tried the VOR/LOC mode of the autopilot again, and what I noticed was that it continually overshot the radials causing the airplane to S turn back and forth across the radial. Again I had to resort to manually tracking the radials with HDG mode.  I wonder if this has something to do with using Active Sky Evolution/FSUIPC/FSInn, but I have everything setup to avoid autopilot/weather issues.  Even with this issue, manually tracking the radials works fine and keeps me busy and focused.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #89 - Apr 21st, 2011 at 1:42am
Print Post  
At which distance are you trying to capture the VOR radials?
Just asking because I've just read about some 35nm+ on another aircraft when using the automated capture. So one could say that below this distance, the manual capture is the better way to use.
Don't chase the needle though!  Cheesy

For me, the 35+ seems a bit too high, but the closer you are, the more upset the old AP gets in my eyes. I'm using ASE too.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top