Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 AIrcraft sound problems - tips and tricks (Read 42734 times)
bkshn

Re: AIrcraft sound problems - tips and tricks
Reply #30 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
I loaded the 727 - no sounds.  Then I loaded the Capt Sim 757 aircraft and then loaded the 727 - and the sounds suddenly were there.  Have no idea how that happened but it worked after that.

Go figure.

Brian

IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #31 - Dec 30th, 2009 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
bkshn wrote on Dec 30th, 2009 at 6:35pm:
I loaded the 727 - no sounds.  Then I loaded the Capt Sim 757 aircraft and then loaded the 727 - and the sounds suddenly were there.  Have no idea how that happened but it worked after that.

Go figure.

Brian

Brian -

The 757 might not have (directly) had anything to do with it.  I have found that I don't get sounds unless I reload the 727 - no other aircraft required.

If you are curious, next time you find that you have no 727 cockpit sounds, reload the aircraft (or 'reset' the flight) and see if the sounds come back.  They have come back for me every time.

It is a head scratcher though! I think this kind of thing will be the norm as Windows continues to evolve but FSX is frozen in time.

IP Logged

bkshn

Reply #32 - Jan 2nd, 2010 at 12:46am
Print Post  
You are right - I just have to reload the 727 and all is well.  The only issues I have remaining I can solve by workarounds - and, beside, being forced to fly by hand isn't such a bad thing with an old iron-knuckle aircraft like this one.  Get to brush up on my airmanship.

IP Logged

aircanadajet

Reply #33 - Jan 4th, 2010 at 1:45am
Print Post  
It is unfortunate that this sound problem still exist after editing the sound file... The only way for the sounds to work is reloading the aircraft.
Maybe there will be an update soon? Embarrassed

Aircanadajet/Arturo

IP Logged

pedrovazua

Reply #34 - Jan 5th, 2010 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
I bought the 2.2 version and now updated to the 2.3 versionand neither of them have any sound in the cockpit (including pilot and flight attendant messages). I remember I had the same problem with the Captain 757 and finally someone provided the forum with a new sound file that WORKS. Can someone from Captain Sim give us the right file that makes all sounds work?

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #35 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Reloading no longer works for me.  I have no sounds and can't do anything to bring them back.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #36 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 11:52pm
Print Post  
Hi Tim.

Even after upgrading my computer, everything is the same as it was before. So the same fixes that were needed before, are still needed now. In other words, no changes. A reload of the 727 and my sounds work. This also applies to all my Captain Sim products that I own. Have you tried opening the 727-100 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) with FSX? In other words, go to your Documents/Flight Simulator X files and double clicking on the file. My sounds in the 727 work right from the start without the need to reload the plane.

Have you installed any new FSX addons in recent times that might have had an affect on the CS727? After reading up on the few issues that happened to you when you got your new computer, I was worried I might suffer similar issues. As it turned out, it is if I am still using my old computer. Of course my upgrade makes FSX run really nicely now.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #37 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
The only thing new is the 707 Smiley

Starting from the situations doesn't help.  Nothing does.  I guess I'll reinstall and see what happens.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

asanal

No cockpit sounds (clicks, APU, callouts etc).
Reply #38 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 7:49pm
Print Post  
I cannot believe, after installing 727X to my Windows 7 64 new PC. I lost cockpit sound and tried all each items below provided by CS Support, I cannot gain sound back. I need HELP. Embarrassed Embarrassed
Thanks
Sanal

"A: Sometimes custom sound initialization might not work properly on some systems. If you experience some problems with the custom sound please try to reload an aircraft (Alt-A-Enter-Enter) and\or cycle through all basic views spot-vc-2D-spot (S).
Also please make sure msvcr71.dll is present at your system at C:\Windows\system32 folder. If this is not the case you need to download latest Visual Studio C++ Redistributable Package from Microsoft Download Center and move msvcr71.dll into C:\Program Files\Windows\system32 folder.

If this does not help - please try the following tips which were reported by some customers to be helpful:
1. Copy the msvcr71.dll file you put to C:\Program Files\Windows\system32 folder into [Microsoft Flight Simulator X Root Folder].
2. Go to [Microsoft Flight Simulator X Root Folder]\Captain_Sim\767 folder. Open the sound.ini file with any text editor, find string
SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=1
and change the value to
SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0
Save the file"

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

I'm afraid to ask?
Reply #39 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 6:17pm
Print Post  
When will a new 2.5 version for the 727-100 come out to avoid loading twice?

<div class=
IP Logged

javiercuellar

Re: I'm afraid to ask?
Reply #40 - Sep 29th, 2010 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Well, we know that we can't ask for that, but it is a bug, so it doesn't hurt asking  Roll Eyes. If not version 2.5, at least a patch  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: I'm afraid to ask?
Reply #41 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 12:14am
Print Post  
Hi guys.

Try this. Go to Options, Settings, Control. Select the Buttons/Keys Tab. Scroll down to the entry that says Aircraft (reload) and then select New Assignment. I use CTRL+SHIFT+R (in my FSX it was unused). That's it. Now all I need to do is press my keyboard shortcut and it reloads. None of this ALT, Aircraft, Select Aircraft followed by ENTER when the list shows up (ALT, A, A, ENTER). I hardly notice the reload because it happens so much faster than using the Menu method.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #42 - Sep 30th, 2010 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Javier: That's why I title my topic like that...Just hoping?

Mark: I tried you suggestion.Works great; As you know whe I purchased 727 -100 fsx v2.1 all worked prfectly....Then we got to 2.4 and this issue started; As Javier says if not a new version at least a patch? You explained to me a long while ago that this issue had to do with the .exe file in FSX ???
Here I have to say I'm lost and don't have enough knowlegde to even attempt to fix it. So your fix will have to do until something new comes up; Thansk for the tip! Wink

<div class=
IP Logged

asanal

Reply #43 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 12:49am
Print Post  
I found thye problem and fixed, My cockpit sounds problem solved. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

PLease be carefull  where you download  "msvcr71.dll file.It6 can be a BAD file, but you will not realize. Therefore I become suspicion, after all fix Cs Support  items   exhausted.
I downloaded  free from "DLL-files.com" to desktop unzipped and copy/pases to C:\windows\SysWOW64 (if you have w7 64) or
C:\windows\Sysem32
It did work me , I hope it will work for you also.
Sanal

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #44 - Oct 1st, 2010 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Sanal: You seem to have found the solution to this annoying issue; At last!
I redownloaded my "msvcr71.dll from the microsoft.com official web and installed into my win7 Ultimate 32 sys; That didn't help.

What is the "msvcr71.dll.it6?..."it6" ??...

Maybe I'm naive I wouldn't have thought that a file directly downloaded form the MS Official site would be BAD as you say here? Maybe I have a lot to learn about computers and the net...Yet!?

Would you advice to download from "DLL-Files.com" would do the trick?

I apologize for sounding so uncertain?

Much appreciate you efforts:
Bernardo

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top