Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 AIrcraft sound problems - tips and tricks (Read 42733 times)
markab

AIrcraft sound problems - tips and tricks
Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Hi folks,
I've finally got my 727 installed correctly (?) but I'm not getting any clicks when I throw switches, or an altitude chime when I approach my set altitude. I also don't hear any chime when I turn on the seatbelt or no smoking sign. And I don't hear the landing gear extend/retract. Is anyone else hearing these sounds?  Thanks

Regards,
Mark

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Re: Cockpit sounds missing?
Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:16am
Print Post  
So you managed to install it finally so what was wrong? and regarding the sounds you are not the only one no sound for switches and the rest and they are using default sound from 737-800.It's quite cheap to charge over £50.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #2 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:25am
Print Post  
I've had no trouble with the sounds (still).  All my cockpit and systems sounds seem to function correctly.  The only things that don't make noise are the light dimmer switches, which don't make noise usually.

Are you sure you got everything installed correctly?  I had no trouble with mine... installed and flew.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

markab

Reply #3 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:29am
Print Post  
Hi Patrick,
              The installation problem was caused by my own stupidity. I have reinstalled FSX several times in the last month or so trying to get another addon to function properly. And the last time I failed to install sp1 and 2. Once I installed them the CS727 worked fine.

Regards,
Mark

patrick 3178 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:16am:
So you managed to install it finally so what was wrong? and regarding the sounds you are not the only one no sound for switches and the rest and they are using default sound from 737-800.It's quite cheap to charge over £50.

IP Logged

markab

Reply #4 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Hi Bob,
          So your getting switch sounds? Are you using FSX sp2 with or without acceleration? Thanks for your input.

Regards,
Mark

Bob Markey wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:25am:
I've had no trouble with the sounds (still).  All my cockpit and systems sounds seem to function correctly.  The only things that don't make noise are the light dimmer switches, which don't make noise usually.

Are you sure you got everything installed correctly?  I had no trouble with mine... installed and flew.

IP Logged

Michael2

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 1:44am
Print Post  
I don't have these sounds either -- nothing for landing gear, any of the switches or any altitude alerts beeps for the altidude you dial into that gauge.  I am left wondering if there is something wrong with my install or whether they just aren't there.  Could Captain Sim respond as to what sounds we should hear?

IP Logged

FDMBRZ79

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 12:42pm
Print Post  
Guys... To fix this issue, go to your FSX main directory, then, Captain_Sim\727...

There is a "sound" file...

Edit and change "SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=1" to "SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0"

I don't know if you guys have the CS 757 but it has the same issue and that's the way you fix both airplanes cockpit sounds...

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
That's an interesting observation FDMBRZ79... I have slew key unassigned in my sim, I have no need for it, especially since it seems to mess up my FSPassengers flights if I hit it accidentally while chatting on an FSHost server.

marakab, I do get switch sounds on everything except the light dimmers, as to be expected (with the exception of the radio lights next to the rudder trim, which are not actually tied to any lights, this one "click click clicks" as you increase it.

FSX SP2 w/o Acceleration.

I did run into an interesting issue last night with the 727 though, after changing a view suddenly I had zero sound inside the cockpit.  Changing to exterior view, I had engine sounds, and switching back to cockpit my sounds returned.  This happened a couple times in this flight.  Only time I've had sound issues on the 727 at all.

If it recurs, I will use FDMBRZ79's suggestion of the SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0 trick.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

markab

Reply #8 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:04pm
Print Post  
Hi fdmbrz79
                 Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I still can't hear any of the sounds in the "sound" folder being played in MSFS. I filed a support ticket with CS approx. 24h ago but I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Hopfully it will be a simple fix.

Bob thanks for your feedback too.

Regards,
Mark

FDMBRZ79 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 12:42pm:
Guys... To fix this issue, go to your FSX main directory, then, Captain_Sim\727...

There is a "sound" file...

Edit and change "SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=1" to "SoundOffWhenSimIsSlew=0"

I don't know if you guys have the CS 757 but it has the same issue and that's the way you fix both airplanes cockpit sounds...

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Reply #9 - Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
I did change it aswell both on 727/757 from1 to 0 and I get sound in the cockpit which b4 I did not.

IP Logged

markab

Reply #10 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 12:11am
Print Post  
Hi Patrick,
              Well this fix certainly is working for some here. I'll have to try a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Regards,
Mark

patrick 3178 wrote on Feb 3rd, 2009 at 11:48pm:
I did change it aswell both on 727/757 from1 to 0 and I get sound in the cockpit which b4 I did not.

IP Logged

Michael2

Reply #11 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 7:28am
Print Post  
I just fixed my missing cockpit sounds by using this fix I've copied and pasted from the 757 forum:                                                       First, make sure you have the file 'msvcr71.dll' in your FSX folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
It's on your computer somewhere already, search for it.

IP Logged

markab

Reply #12 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Bingo!  Thanks for your suggestion Michael. It turns out I didn't have this dll file anywhere on my computer? I did however find it on the internet. After downloading and installing it I got my cockpit sounds working  Smiley

Regards,
Mark

Michael2 wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 at 7:28am:
I just fixed my missing cockpit sounds by using this fix I've copied and pasted from the 757 forum:                                                       First, make sure you have the file 'msvcr71.dll' in your FSX folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
It's on your computer somewhere already, search for it.

IP Logged

SWFan

Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2009 at 3:12am
Print Post  
Just installed the 2.1 patch. In the 2.00 version I had the same issue with no cockpit sounds.  Using the suggestion of changing the slew setting in the sound.cfg file worked to fix it.  However, in the 2.1 version it does not appear to be fixing my problem.

Any ideas?

IP Logged

David Zill

Continuous APU sound
Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2009 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Been searching through the forums, some people have brought up the issue that the APU sound doesn't turn off when the APU is turned off. Is there a fix yet?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @ 4.05GHZ&&XFX nForce 780i SLI Motherboard&&(2) EVGA Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ 1GB   SLI Video Cards&&OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) @833Mhz/ 5-4-4-15/2T&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top