Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 230478 times)
Thomas

Autopilot Deviations - Help
Reply #75 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 2:51am
Print Post  
I need a little help with the autopilot function. I have no problem loading the FMC and IRS, and I am able to get the autopilot to function normally and fly an entire flight plan with the LNAV and VNAV functions. However, I can't seem to get the autopilot to do a simple task such as heading or altitude deviations.

For instance, I am cruising and receive a descent from ATC and a heading to initiate my approach. I input these into the autopilot and...nothing. So I turn the autopilot off, make the deviations myself and turn the autopilot back on and it just wants to go back to original heading and altitude. This has become extremely frustrating.

Does anyone know of any detailed manual for use of the autopilot, or any other answers to solve this issue? All I need to know is how to get the autopilot to follow my simple requests for deviations from the FMC.

P.S. Turning the LNAV and VNAV switches off only seem to disable the autopilot completely?

IP Logged

CM19

Re: Autopilot Deviations - Help
Reply #76 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
It works more realistic than fsx default AP. If you want to change heading put in your desired heading as you did then right click on the heading knob to execute. Once you have right clicked it will stay in heading mode until you select LNAV again or disengage the AP. If you want to change altitude put in you desired altitude then push the verical speed button (VS) and then select your desired VS. You have to manually do this as in fsx default aircraft it does it automatic which is not at all realistic. You can also select desired altitude put in desired indicated airspeed (IAS) and then push the flight level change button (FLC) most commonly used method in the real world

IP Logged

rob

I am at the end of my tether!
Reply #77 - Apr 19th, 2009 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I have tried everything to get the AP function to work. I have set the IRS switches to align, waited until the lights extinguished and put them to NAV.

I have set all the panel exactly as Bob described in his youtube vids. Set the FMC as per the instructions in the stickied tutorial and still it wont work. I have also read all 5 manuals.

It wont auto take off. It wont follow the fmc when I hit LNAV and VNAV and I cant change heading when not using fmc (and I know about right clicking the knob). It wont even hold altitude, just climbs and climbs.

I am using it in FSX SP2 and 32bit vista and have also reinstalled twice.

Rob

IP Logged

Slowdive

Re: I am at the end of my tether!
Reply #78 - Apr 20th, 2009 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Are you turning the AP on by pressing CMD A?

IP Logged

micah21us

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #79 - Apr 22nd, 2009 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
I have had the best success by hitting the middle CMD button.  Not sure why, but this works for me.  There should be 3 CMD buttong on the AP module.  The middle button is the one you want.  Good luck

IP Logged

Yankees09

Autopilot
Reply #80 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
i have read post after post, and my autopilot doesn't work. Can anybody take me step by step???

IP Logged

Ant1981

Re: Autopilot
Reply #81 - Apr 25th, 2009 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Do you have a flight plan inserted in the CDU?

If so, enter an altitude on the cockpit, press CMD, selecting L-Nav will allow the autopilot to follow the plan. Switch on the flight director, V-Nav for auto speed, or alternativley enter your own speed. Make sure the auto throttle is on, a/t switch.

C-130&&757-200 Pro Pack - Uninstalled Smiley

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Reply #82 - May 6th, 2009 at 5:30am
Print Post  
how do you engage flare or autoland? thanks

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #83 - May 7th, 2009 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
autoland engages automatically once you're on the localizer and have intercepted the glide slope in the APPR AP mode.

The AutoLand indicator will light up green with LAND2 or LAND3 depending on the approach category.

Must be Cat II/III ILS though, AutoLand cannot function without the glide slope signal.

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

JNR

Auto pilot heading select on 757
Reply #84 - May 11th, 2009 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Does anyone know why the heading select on the autopilot doesn't disengage or change direction of the aircraft?
Thank you

IP Logged

JNR

Autopilot
Reply #85 - May 12th, 2009 at 4:52pm
Print Post  
It seems that this a software bug that needs to be corrected. Perhaps someone at CS can send an update?
JNR
USA

IP Logged

Todd

Reply #86 - Jul 8th, 2009 at 3:29am
Print Post  
yes i have the upgrade to the propak and for the life of me i cannot get the ap to work i have read the manuals performed on the ramp calibration programed the fmc but when i get airborn nothing works i know i am missing something but ill be darned if i can figure it out

IP Logged

nhraracer90

autopilot speed problem
Reply #87 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 6:27am
Print Post  
Hi,
  When I engage the speed on the 757 to say 250 on the autopilot panel, the speed will go to about 294 and stay there. then I accidentally moved the speed way up because I wasnt paying attention, then I moved it back to 250 and then the speed was 398. 220 was 354. I do not know what to do. Thanks

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Re: autopilot speed problem
Reply #88 - Jul 19th, 2009 at 2:26am
Print Post  
nobody knows anything about this?

IP Logged

nhraracer90

Re: autopilot speed problem
Reply #89 - Jul 21st, 2009 at 2:30am
Print Post  
anything? I do not mess with the FMC, only thing I do is put in the IRS position. Today i had it set at 235 and it went right past that to 248-250 before it pulled back the throttle.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top