Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 230320 times)
Connection

Re: 757 service pack
Reply #45 - Oct 11th, 2008 at 10:05pm
Print Post  
I've exactly the same problem world00leader

IP Logged

OneTinSoldier

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #46 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 9:28am
Print Post  
Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Just purchased the 757-200 Pro Pack and the 757-300 model pack for FS9. My current rig is pretty old but works ok for the 2D panel anyway, so that's what I've been using and have encountered the same problem of not being able to disconnect the AP no matter what! FMC autopilot engaged and worked fine and flew the entire flight just fine, but when it came time to land, grrr!

I have ordered new computer system parts and I will be putting them together after they arrive. Hopefully I will be able to run the VC option good on the new rig when it's done. But for right now this is pretty frustrating Exclaim

OneTinSoldier

IP Logged

captain_alloush

Reply #47 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Hi all.
About the dude who was saying ALT HOLD is flashing for 0.5 sec when he switch the FD,
loool Roll Eyes thats because the IRS are still in align mode and you must wait 10min and then switch the FD...
the dude that cant disngange the autopilot  Cool
i found a temporerley soultion,
switch the IRS off and autopilot will disngage

IP Logged

OneTinSoldier

Reply #48 - Oct 28th, 2008 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Hello captain_alloush,

Interesting solution, thank you! BUT, 2.1 is here!!! I have just downloaded it and will be giving it a try of course! Let's hope the problem is cured in the new version. Anyway, again, thank you for the help!

Cheers,

OneTinSoldier

IP Logged

spenser

757 Block F Autopilot
Reply #49 - Dec 19th, 2008 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
I managed to finally get Block F, but how do I turn on the autopilot systems, and whenever I move my throttle up, my power goes up, and then back down, what can I do to fix this???

Spenser

IP Logged

sifneos

AP probelm
Reply #50 - Dec 25th, 2008 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
Hello to all pilots,

I am wondering if everyone else has the same problem with the AP.  Once I am taking off manually and then trying to enable AP, it looks like it is not responding to any changes....e.g. it does not follow my flight plan once I switch to LNAV...please any suggestions!!! otherwise that baby would fly manual..... Sad

IP Logged

Eric Fields

Reply #51 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
I am running 4.2 and still cannot get my AP to disconnect.  Anyone else having this issue in 4.2?

Eric

IP Logged

sindela

Reply #52 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Eric

Some have had success by using the DLL from FSUIPC 4.3.

I still find when you do get control, the plane will roll to the left or right with extreme bank.  Be prepared for a hairly recovery Cheesy

Regards&&&&Allen

IP Logged

spenser

Reply #53 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Has anyone found a solution to the autopilot connect error???

IP Logged

thecanarian

Reply #54 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 9:10am
Print Post  
I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve for this sim, but I'm concerned by the lack of input by the staff at CaptainSim on what is a significant problem for many of their customers. Do they intend to identify the problem and fix it, or is it that their configuration doesn't display this error? Some word from them about what they are doing about it would be reassuring.

IP Logged

wavn

Reply #55 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 10:56am
Print Post  
Hello all,

Bought the 757 for fs9 and fsx a few day's ago and  i.m.o. they are both pure marvellous add-ons.
Then the AP:
In fs9 there is no problem with desengaging at all.
In fsx there is a desengaging problem indeed but with a trick I get it desengaged ok.

There are 2 way's to desengage:
- with the big "white desengage key" (when I do that I get no sound and no warning)
- wit the "z" key (when I do that I get a sound and a warning)

In both cases I do the following: I take care, that the plane is flying steady and straight (so when desengaging it will not start a curve or something).
After desengaging (the plane followes it's path) and there is no hand flying possible; I wait some seconds (sometimes 2 seconds, sometimes 10 seconds) and I make small movements with my yoke; after these seconds ................  I suddenly see that the yoke reacts ............... and the "hand flying" is again there.
Have tried a 100 times and it alway's functioned this way.

Ok, it is not how it's mentioned to work I think but for the time being you can manage this way  Smiley.

Willem

(have the unregistered FSUIPC 4.40  14 november 2008)

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

IP Logged

bluehat

Reply #56 - Jan 2nd, 2009 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
wavn wrote on Jan 2nd, 2009 at 10:56am:
Hello all,

Bought the 757 for fs9 and fsx a few day's ago and  i.m.o. they are both pure marvellous add-ons.
Then the AP:
In fs9 there is no problem with desengaging at all.
In fsx there is a desengaging problem indeed but with a trick I get it desengaged ok.

There are 2 way's to desengage:
- with the big "white desengage key" (when I do that I get no sound and no warning)
- wit the "z" key (when I do that I get a sound and a warning)

In both cases I do the following: I take care, that the plane is flying steady and straight (so when desengaging it will not start a curve or something).
After desengaging (the plane followes it's path) and there is no hand flying possible; I wait some seconds (sometimes 2 seconds, sometimes 10 seconds) and I make small movements with my yoke; after these seconds ................  I suddenly see that the yoke reacts ............... and the "hand flying" is again there.
Have tried a 100 times and it alway's functioned this way.

Ok, it is not how it's mentioned to work I think but for the time being you can manage this way  Smiley.

Willem

(have the unregistered FSUIPC 4.40  14 november 2008)

This coincides with my experience exactly. The problem is, if you are flying an ILS approach down to minimums, you can't then hand-fly the aircraft in because you will either auto-land or crash before the autopilot disengages. I have an injured arm and can only fly with one hand so I rely extensively on the auto pilot. I do like to hand fly the final 200 feet however and in the 757's current state, this is impossible.

I also find it curious that CS has chosen to remain silent on this issue. Just an acknowledgment that their working on it would go a long way toward easing my frustration.  I wish I had read this forum before committing to this purchase.  Sad

Jack

IP Logged

frentz

Reply #57 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:51am
Print Post  
Did you try to disable the F/D switch on MCP panel while disengaging autopilot?

Frentz  Wink

IP Logged

bluehat

Reply #58 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 4:35am
Print Post  
frentz wrote on Jan 3rd, 2009 at 12:51am:
Did you try to disable the F/D switch on MCP panel while disengaging autopilot?

Frentz  Wink

Yes, it makes no difference. IRS is aligned. disengage autopilot and F/D and deselect all AP options (heading, alt hold, etc). It takes a minimum of 10 seconds to disengage (but it does do so eventually).

Jack

IP Logged

bluehat

Reply #59 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 5:59am
Print Post  
I found an older FSUIPC.dll file (version 4.2) and replaced my version 4.4. The autopilot now disengages normally. Life is good.  Smiley

Jack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top