Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 230376 times)
spenser

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #60 - Jan 20th, 2009 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
I can't align my IRS. I get a fault warning, how can I fix this???

Spenser

IP Logged

SIR_PAGANINY

thrust level set, V1,
Rotate, V2

Reply #61 - Jan 25th, 2009 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone... i have a question about the autopilot, and hope someone that really understand about the real plane procedure answers me Cheesy

About the autopilot... i never had any problem with it.. even before the update... Fact is that if you do load the plane in cold and dark mode, and if you perform all the maneuvers in it's correct order (IRS alignment e.t.c.. and if you use your mouse to handle the autopilot (unfortunately it seems we cannot key path this) everything will work 100%

My question is... it seems that when i do everything correctly as mentioned above, except filling the FMC with some Flight plan, the autopilot doesn´t works at all?    is this real? a real 757 will need it's FMC programmed in order to make the autopilot functional?

Thanks in advance!

IP Logged

ALH

HOW TO USE HEADING SELECTOR WITH AP
Reply #62 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have got my 757 Pro copy and after a few short flights, I fly with the autopilot conected, no FMC programed, and try to fly by heading selecting  it with the heading knob. But it doesn´t work. It stays in the heading the plane was at the moment I selected the autopilot. It doesn`t respond to any change.

What am I doing wrong? Some advice?

Thanks in advance,

IP Logged

patrick 3178

Re: HOW TO USE HEADING SELECTOR WITH AP
Reply #63 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:47pm
Print Post  
When you change the heading put the cursor on the heading knob and right click, keep one thing in mind but the most of the addon aircraft work differently then the default or any lite addon but its still easy Wink

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #64 - Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
To expand on what Patrick said, there's two heading modes in the 757 MCP.  SEL and HOLD.  SEL is what you're looking for, it selects the heading from the above number, and is enabled by right clicking the SEL marking on the top of the heading set knob.  HOLD on the other hand instructs AP to hold the present heading, regardless of what the indication is on the MCP.

This is handy for a few reasons.

1) If you know what your next turn will be, you can press HOLD to lock the plane to the present heading, and then dial in the next heading, and when time to turn, you can then click out the SEL mode from the knob to effect the turn.  My advice would be after you've achieved the requested heading, switch back to HOLD.

2) when on approach, before intercepting the localizer, use the HOLD mode to hold your present heading to receive positive indication that APP mode has taken roll authority by extinguishing the HOLD indicator.

Hope it helps! Wink

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

ALH

Reply #65 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Bob Markey wrote on Feb 4th, 2009 at 9:54pm:
To expand on what Patrick said, there's two heading modes in the 757 MCP.  SEL and HOLD.  SEL is what you're looking for, it selects the heading from the above number, and is enabled by right clicking the SEL marking on the top of the heading set knob.  HOLD on the other hand instructs AP to hold the present heading, regardless of what the indication is on the MCP.

This is handy for a few reasons.

1) If you know what your next turn will be, you can press HOLD to lock the plane to the present heading, and then dial in the next heading, and when time to turn, you can then click out the SEL mode from the knob to effect the turn.  My advice would be after you've achieved the requested heading, switch back to HOLD.

2) when on approach, before intercepting the localizer, use the HOLD mode to hold your present heading to receive positive indication that APP mode has taken roll authority by extinguishing the HOLD indicator.

Hope it helps! Wink

Hi Bob,

Thanks for yur comments. I didn´t know that there were 2 modes for selecting heading. Nevertheless, I gess something is going wrong because once I select the hold mode I can`t disconect from it unless I switch FD off or disconnect AP. I read the manual but didn´t find how to work with it.

Could you give me the sequence how to select one mode or the other in order to check if it is working properly?

Many Thanks ,

Roland

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #66 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Roland,

That's correct.  Once a mode is set (either related to pitch or roll) it cannot be deselected unless another mode of the same type is selected.

I.E. if you set LNAV, you cannot unselect LNAV, but if you then press HOLD for heading, LNAV will unselect.  The same is true related to coming off HOLD or SEL.

So, let's say you want to fly heading 180.  Dial up 180, right click SEL.  when you get to 180 (or another heading before then that you wish to hold) click HOLD.  SEL will deselect, and HOLD will light.  Similarly, if you're holding a heading and want to change, dial up the new heading and right click SEL and HOLD light will extinguish.  If you have your FMC programmed, and you're on HOLD, pressing LNAV will resume FMC control over roll axis and extinguish the HOLD light.

This is a little foreign compared to "Flight Sim Autopilots" because they are "dumbed down" to be more simplified, whereas the CS757 implementation is accurate to the actual aircraft.

I do suggest reading the manual section about the Autopilot systems.  It is important also to understand the difference between the EADI indicators for "VNAV PTH" and "VNAV SPD".  The FMC will select one or the other during climb/descent depending on its needs.

Hope it helps!

NOTE: I'm on hiatus, concentrating on flight training.  Most of what I'm flying right now is a C172N similar to what I'm training in.  I'll try to check in and answer questions when I can, but please don't be impatient, I have other priorities right now! Cheesy&&&&I'm not a professional pilot, but I play one on the Internet!&&&&Captain Sim 757-200/-300/Freighter FSX (62.51 hours)&&Captain Sim 727-100 FSX (26.74 hours)&&Captain Sim C-130 X-perience FSX (15.05 hours)&&Hours last updated Aug 29, 2009 18:44Z.&&&&System: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-core 2.5Ghz, 8GB RAM, nVidia 9600GT 512MB, Windows XP 64-bit, FS9/FSX, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals&&&&Join us on the Ultimate Global Tour FSHost Server - 3000 Flight Plans to every country on every continent.  FSX users will need FSHostClient to connect.
IP Logged

ALH

Reply #67 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 9:09pm
Print Post  
Hi Bob,

Many thanks for your comments. It helped me to know that there was a click spot somewere to command the heading mode. This was my trouble. I found it and now it works perfect.

I understand now how it works and it has its logical like the real thing.

What I can tell you is that I am in love with this simulator. It is extraordinary in every aspect, from the VC definition / resolution (it's amazing) unitil the complexity of every element and its combination with the rest.

I could make a couple of flights and I have enjoyed it very much.

Regarding autopilot, I didn't have the problem others have about the disconnection. If you proceed desconecting first the autopilot with the disconnect button and then disconnect the FD, you can get the hole control of the plane.

Nice flights and thanks again !!

Roland

IP Logged

jeffg

Reply #68 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 3:52am
Print Post  
Just to throw my 2 cents in Mike Ray who is a ret. captain with United has written a great many books for the simulator and checkride.I have them all and there is one for the 757-767 at his website www.utem.com.This books help with getting set up and flying the simulator.I know this are set for the another company sims at the airlines but also work well with the desktop also.

JeffG

HP Pavilion Elite m9350f&&AMD Phenom X4 9850 Quad Core&&6 gigs ram&&Nivida 9800GT &&Vista 64 Service Pack 2&&FSX with the Acceleration Pack

IP Logged

Austrian Airliner

Autopillot 757.
Reply #69 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Hallo!!!
I've got a question. How could i start the autopilot-functions (HDG, ALT, V/S, CMD 1,2,3)?
I've tried all knobs but nothing happend. The only thing wich works is the SPD knob, and the EPR knob.  Embarrassed

Thank you very much
Airforce one

IP Logged

RichardH

the 757 :D

Re: Autopillot 757.
Reply #70 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:32pm
Print Post  
Austrian Airliner wrote on Feb 20th, 2009 at 9:26pm:
Hallo!!!
I've got a question. How could i start the autopilot-functions (HDG, ALT, V/S, CMD 1,2,3)?
I've tried all knobs but nothing happend. The only thing wich works is the SPD knob, and the EPR knob.  Embarrassed

Thank you very much
Airforce one

Have you aligned the things at the top left of the overhead panel, once the light has gone off, turn all three of them to NAV.

IP Logged

Austrian Airliner

Re: Autopillot 757.
Reply #71 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 10:06pm
Print Post  
Thank you very much for this fast answer. Now the autopilot is running normaly!!! Smiley

Thank you
Airforce one

IP Logged

rupesh

Re: How do you fly with HDG SEL?
Reply #72 - Mar 31st, 2009 at 4:03am
Print Post  
after u select the heading just right click with the mouse on top of the selector bug...this will not work with left click...there are some other things that will only work with right click, can't remember which ones but things like the IRS will turn clockwise with right click only and left with left click..so if left click does not work try the right click for that button or selector..also cycle view to 2d panel for a few seconds, that seems to free up some knobs...u can go back to 3d view after that and they should work. hope that helps

IP Logged

Slowdive

Reply #73 - Apr 3rd, 2009 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Right click the center of the button.

IP Logged

Bob Markey

FS Addict

Reply #74 - Apr 7th, 2009 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
There is a specific autopilot thread on this forum.  Perhaps it needs to be stickied.  As slowdive says, "SEL" is when you pull out the knob (right click).  HOLD holds the present indicated heading.

This is all covered in the manual and in the autopilot thread.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top