Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20 Send TopicPrint
 25 How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread. (Read 230226 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: Auto Pilot
Reply #180 - Jul 29th, 2010 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Hi IflyGr8.

I strongly recommend that you do the 757 FMC Tutorial by aussie HERE. When I first got the 757 Captain I tried this tutorial many times to familiarize myself with program a flight in the FMC and seeing/learning how it functions with the autopilot. Once you have mastered that, you can from and to any place you choose (within the 757's range, of course).

Tim Capps has also done a comprehensive tutorial HERE that is a step by step flight which includes setting up from a cold-n-dark cockpit to shut down at the end of the flight. Note: read the entire Topic because we work through a glitch that was found in the FMC with regards to the transition altitudes on the Approach.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Bob

Re: How to ... AUTOPILOT. The only thread.
Reply #181 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 9:44am
Print Post  
Yes. The AP is not working, I can still use the flight yoke, It's as if I haven't  hit the command button at all. Yes I did the IRS alignment and all that. I'm tuning the FSX Just bought this on the 3rd so it should have all the upgrades right? I'm 63 years old so don't treat me like a new kid on the block. Please I don't have the money to waste. I'm on a fixed income so this means a lot to me. I've read and watched the tutorials and manuals Please this is unflappable, Help me please.

Bob J.  Cry

YIM  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #182 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Bob.

If you bought FSX Gold, then yes you are up to date with the latest service pack provided you Acceleration is installed you have SP2 installed (Acceleration SP2 has a few extra goodies compared to the SP2 download). So this means that if you bought FSX Standard or Deluxe on their own (without the Acceleration expansion pack) then you might need to download SP1 and SP2 from here: http://www.microsoft.com/Products/Games/FSInsider/downloads/Pages/default.aspx and look for FSX SP1 and FSX SP2 (they are separate downloads. I'm not sure if the newer boxed FSX (except Gold) being sold has the SP1 and SP2 included in the installation package. Going by some things I have read in other forums, I don't think they are.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Bob

Reply #183 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 4:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark. Yes I have Acceleration installed. So that means I have sp 2. I was wandering if i had every thing from captain Sim when I got the base PAC. I mean is there an upgrade or something.

Bob

YIM  
IP Logged

Bob

Reply #184 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 11:17pm
Print Post  
Please help.  Embarrassed

YIM  
IP Logged

wims

Reply #185 - Aug 5th, 2010 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I hate helping people that said they did what i suggested in my first post, but have you read the last few comments on this topic, specifically the one that says "Delete all FSUIPC related files from your fsx\Modules\ folder, then reinstall FSUIPC"?

IP Logged

Bob

Reply #186 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 12:50am
Print Post  
sorry  and I do mean sorry. I missed that. Doing  it now what version of FSUIPC should I have in there? Again I'm sorry.

YIM  
IP Logged

wims

Reply #187 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 3:07am
Print Post  
well, you should be sorry for yourself for not being able to use the sim earlier Tongue

You can use any version of FSUIPC that works with FSX as far as I know, it doesnt have to be registered if you dont own a license. Just download the latest from this site http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html, after you have deleted the broken version installed with the CS757 of course

IP Logged

Bob

Reply #188 - Aug 6th, 2010 at 3:55am
Print Post  
Well I fell like a fool. That took care of it. I sure missed that one. Thank you. Grin

YIM  
IP Logged

theshack440

Reply #189 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 4:49am
Print Post  
hello

I have had the captain sim 757-200 base pack for over a year and a half now and it has certainly taught me to become a better pilot on many levels and is really a great plane, but now after downloading version/update 4.x (4.4) I am getting the autopilot problems that involve when i activate ANY part of the autopilot (except auto-throttle) the airplane will turn left then right, endlessly, sharp turns, back a forth. I have aligned the IRS with no faults or anything out of the ordinary, and have done the FMC setup well (many times, following online tutorials and everything to my knowledge.. I am not a beginner simmer) including the VNAV and everything, no route discontinuities or anything of the kind. Autopilot WILL turn on but just has this issue that makes the plane not flyable. I understand other people are having this problem and I just don't know how to fix it. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, and even left the ACE option on winglets alone (someone suggested that). Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #190 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
theshack440

Several weeks ago I had to reinstall FSX and all the addons. As I reinstalled each addon I would do a flight to make sure everything was working ok. I was flying the 752 for test purposes. After I reinstalled the FSUIPC registered version the 752 became unflyable in any mode. It turns out that installer that I had originally used had become corrupted. Before each flight I would get a message that FSX would suffer a fatal error if I tried to use FSUIPC. Finally I anwsered the message to fly anyway without FSUIPC. That's when it become uncontrollable. I check on Pete Dawson's website, figured out FSUIPC was corrupted, downloaded and installed the register version again. The 752 was fine after that. I think what happened is the FSUIPC that came with the 752 was overwriiten by the register version and when I answered fly anyway without FSUIPC the version that came with the 752 was gone. So the FSUIPC is an area you might want to investigate.

Michael Cubine

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold

IP Logged

AVA_CEO

Reply #191 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 2:23am
Print Post  
I had the exact same issue, no AP controls, couldn't set the MCP altimeter, speed, hdg , anything, couldn't even align the inertials.

So, I fixed it by reinstalling the aircraft, CS757, over the existing one, and when the install came up, I selected the "repair", and it did, and it works now...

It's a miracle!

IP Logged

theshack440

Reply #192 - Sep 4th, 2010 at 2:36am
Print Post  
I will certainly try that. Thank you Michael and I will let you how it goes.

Wallace

IP Logged

CelticSmackdown

Autopilot questions
Reply #193 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 5:50am
Print Post  
I've had two main issues with the autopilot that I never had with the FS9 version.

The plane climbs slower than dirt while in LNAV and VNAV mode and doesn't seem to be able to follow the altitude assignments for various waypoints.  I tinkered with the economy setting, but even at 100, it still only climbs about 200-300 feet per second after 12,000 feet.  I figure there is a setting that I'm not getting right in the FMC, but I can't think of which one it would be.

The second problem involves the auto throttle speed setting.  Every time I reach cruise altitude and engage the speed hold (.80) function, the engines drop to about 60% thrust.  It's like it totally ignores the value I programmed into the AP.  I figure it might have something to do with the EPR setting, but I never mess around with the EPR.  I have to manually control the airspeed while in cruise, which is kind of a pain in the rear.

Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Autopilot questions
Reply #194 - Oct 30th, 2010 at 6:29am
Print Post  
I can't figure out why the climb is so slow. But for setting the speed at altitude, try changing it using the FMC, VNAV page 2/3 (cruise), under ECON SPEED.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top