Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please (Read 233292 times)
DAL191

Re: FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please
Reply #210 - May 22nd, 2011 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 21st, 2011 at 5:41am:
Hi Michael.

The flight was with a the set to a light westerly. So my flight plan is like this:

EHAM RWY22 SID (LEKO1G) LARAS STAR (WOOD4A) TRANS (ANT) RWY25R EBBR

That was the flight plan I used. LARAS is the only waypoint between end of SID an beginning of STAR. I'm using Navigraph AIRAC 1105.

Mark

Mark

What altitude did you use? I tried 14000 ASL but I think that is too high. On the HSI map the T/C was beyond the T/D. Left up to the FMC I think it became confused. Even though I had entered 6000 ASL before T/D the plane tried to climb to 14000 ASL after the T/D. I disengaged VNAV and controlled the descent myself. On a flight several days ago I used 12000 ASL and was able to use VNAV with no issues, I think 14000 ASL is too high for this short of flight. 12000 ASL gave me about 10 miles between T/C and T/D and eliminated the overlap of T/C and T/D.

Michael Cubine

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #211 - May 22nd, 2011 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Libretto wrote on May 21st, 2011 at 3:37pm:
Today I made a flightplan with FSC without adding a procedure.

So I thought that when adding a Star and Rw ILS +Trans I would look fine.
I did not choose a Star.
Flight EHAM rw 18C to EBBR rw 25R.
Unfortunately it did not work out as I thought it would.
Again those weird arrival waypoint mess.

This only leaves the FMC that is making this waypoint soup... Lips Sealed

Libretto

How is the plane going to navigate from the end of the EHAM SID to the transition and ILS Approach to 25R if you don't use a EBBR STAR. Try RWY 22 at EHAM and use Mark's flightplan or 18C and use mine. I don't know what you are doing with FSC but whatever it is forget it for this flight. Don't import anything into the FMC. Just manually enter one of the above flightplans.

Michael Cubine

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #212 - May 22nd, 2011 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
How is the plane going to navigate from the end of the EHAM SID to the transition and ILS Approach to 25R if you don't use a EBBR STAR. Try RWY 22 at EHAM and use Mark's flightplan or 18C and use mine. I don't know what you are doing with FSC but whatever it is forget it for this flight. Don't import anything into the FMC. Just manually enter one of the above flightplans.

In FSC , but also in the FMC you can choose tarnsition ANT and ILS25R.
Then a wide turn towards rw25R is being calculated.
That looks the same as when choosing Star ANT.   

I understand that entering a fp by hand might be better, but I also make flights that take 2,5-3 h and I don't feel like entering 8 or 9 pages of legs manually.

In reality pilots get a floppy/disk with a fp and then copy that into the FMC.
Like I now copy a fp without procedures into the FMC.

BtW : rw22 at Eham is just 2200ft.....and is not being used for take off.

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #213 - May 22nd, 2011 at 5:47pm
Print Post  
Libretto wrote on May 22nd, 2011 at 5:22pm:

In FSC , but also in the FMC you can choose tarnsition ANT and ILS25R.
Then a wide turn towards rw25R is being calculated.
That looks the same as when choosing Star ANT.    

I understand that entering a fp by hand might be better, but I also make flights that take 2,5-3 h and I don't feel like entering 8 or 9 pages of legs manually.

In reality pilots get a floppy/disk with a fp and then copy that into the FMC.
Like I now copy a fp without procedures into the FMC.

BtW : rw22 at Eham is just 2200ft.....and is not being used for take off.

Libretto

The STAR to use is WOOD4A. ANT is a transition point that connects the end of WOOD4A to the approach to 25R.

I am only saying don't use FSC for this flight - use it for your longer flights.

RWY22 at EHAM is 2200 meters not 2200 feet.

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #214 - May 25th, 2011 at 7:34am
Print Post  
Today I made the route in the FMC manually, no flightplanner,  but again no luck.
The arrival waypoints are the same waypoint soup.

Transitian ANT is tyhere twice and after rw25R there are again also several double waypoints.

On 19-5 I sent a ticket about this and still am waiting for an answer.

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #215 - May 25th, 2011 at 8:14am
Print Post  
Just tried it a bit differently.

Instead of choosing :
- Star Woody4A, Transition ANT and ILS25R I just choose :
- Star Woody4A  and rw25R ( so not  rw ILS25R ).

That gave a normal looking approach. No transition added , no rw ILS25R added.

IP Logged

wims

Reply #216 - May 25th, 2011 at 9:04am
Print Post  
I honestly dont see the problem. You only need to delete one of the ANT waypoints and the route is exactly the way its supposed to be. The waypoints after the the runway is the go around procedure and they are exactly like they should be. The missed approach procedure tells you to

The reason why there are two waypoints for BUN in the missed approach is because the last of them is the HOLD procedure. HOLDS have their own waypoints

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #217 - May 25th, 2011 at 9:15am
Print Post  
wims wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 9:04am:
I honestly dont see the problem. You only need to delete one of the ANT waypoints and the route is exactly the way its supposed to be.

Try this route.
Choose Woody4A for Star , ANT as Transition and ILS25R for runway.
Then execute and see.
In that way BUN is appearing even 3 times and INT 2 times ( on my pc ).

IP Logged

wims

Reply #218 - May 25th, 2011 at 10:15am
Print Post  
I HIGHLY recommend that you look at the charts when youre doing your flightplanning, they will often clarify things that are not 100% clear when youre looking at the CDU. You can get charts for free for most (all) airports on the internet really easily, normally googling 'charts <airport>' is enough. You can also get all the AD charts for us airports at http://www.airnav.com/airports/, and at http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php%3Foption=com_content&tas... for almost every european airport. Both sites lets you get the charts for free, however, the eurocontrol sites require you to register before they let you into the charts section.

Let me walk you through the STAR and the approach, the way I interpret it.

The WOOD4a STAR contains the following instructions :
from WOODY track NIK at the 206 degree inbound radial until youre 8DME from the VOR, then turn left to intercept the 130 degree inbound radial to the ANT VOR. (There's actually a small inaccuracy between the navdata from navigraph and the chart. The chart says turn left to intercept the 119 degree outbound radial to ANT, not 130 degree. This is not a captain sim problem, but rather a problem with the accuracy of the data you have purchased from Navigraph)

Alright, that was the STAR, now lets have a look at the approach plate for ILS25R, ANT transition

From ANT track the 107 degree outbound radial to the BUN VOR, after BUN turn right HDG 171, fly that for 3 NM, then turn right HDG 216 to intercept (INTC) the ILS 25R on the inbound radial of 246.

After that we got a couple of waypoints defining the height you should be at for various interception points for the ILS, lets go to the missed approach part of the approach plate. It starts with

after RW25R climb heading 246, when passing 700 feet turn right hdg 020, continue climb to 3000 feet. At around 2000 feet intercept (INTC) the 071 inbound radial to the BUN VOR. After you reach BUN proceed to HOLD AT the BUN VOR on the 117 degree inbound radial, standard right hand turns with 1 minute legs.

Thats the STAR, approach and missed approach procedure for ILS25R, ANT transition for EBBR as far as I can tell. Its all logical and the only waypoint you need to delete is one of the double ANT waypoints that you get as a result of ANT being a part of the STAR WOOD4a and the ILS25R, ANT transition. The 3x BUN waypoints are there because they are to be used for various parts of the approach, once for the approach itself, once for the missed approach route and finally once for the HOLD AT procedure. The (INTC) parts on the CDU are not actual waypoints, instead they indicate that you are supposed to intercept a radial at a point where there's no particular fix.

This is my interpretation of the approach, if anyone knows more about this particular approach or about approaches in general then please let me know so I dont go around spreading misinformation.

-wims

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #219 - May 25th, 2011 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Thanks Wims.

It makes full sense what you explain, but I am not getting it that way in the fp unless I start deleting multiple double or triple waypoints.

My "working" arrival misses BUN, D066K, CE25R and OM25R.

Just tried to make a fp for the flight  Schiphol to Monastir ( rw 7 ).
Again the arrival is messed up.
Net as much as with Brussels , but it is.

So you think that the issue might be cuased by Navigraph data ?
I always use the latest data.
If that is so I will contact them.

Also I will try with the PxxxMD-11 FMS, to see what the arrival outcome is.

IP Logged

wims

Reply #220 - May 25th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
I dont know if there's something wrong with your navdata, this is how my cdu looks for the STAR and the approach :

This is exactly like I explained the approach. You only need to delete one waypoint, namely one of the ANT waypoints (actually, im not sure that you even need to delete that waypoint, i think that the plane will just continue to on towards BUN after reaching ANT, even tho there's two waypoints there at the same place, but im not 100% sure about it). If your cdu look different then there's almost certainly something weird going on with your navdata

IP Logged

Libretto

Reply #221 - May 25th, 2011 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Aha, now the coin has fallen in my head !

My manually programmed flight , the same as yours, was in fact correct.
I didn't realize that the missed approach route back to the BUN holding also had been calculated automatically...

Mostly a missed approach route has to be added manually :
Tutorial from LD767 :You must program the MISSED APPROACH for each
and every arrival runway. When your aircraft is
descending on the ILS at 160 knots and another
aircraft enters the active runway, you will be glad that
you planned a missed approach

Many thanks to all for helping me with this !   Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #222 - May 25th, 2011 at 11:54am
Print Post  
Libretto wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 11:44am:
Mostly a missed approach route has to be added manually :
Tutorial from LD767 :You must program the MISSED APPROACH for each
and every arrival runway. When your aircraft is
descending on the ILS at 160 knots and another
aircraft enters the active runway, you will be glad that
you planned a missed approach

Ah! So you were using the "other" 767 FMC instructions and not the manual for the Captain Sim 757. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #223 - May 25th, 2011 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Libretto wrote on May 25th, 2011 at 10:26am:
Thanks Wims.

It makes full sense what you explain, but I am not getting it that way in the fp unless I start deleting multiple double or triple waypoints.

My "working" arrival misses BUN, D066K, CE25R and OM25R.

Just tried to make a fp for the flight  Schiphol to Monastir ( rw 7 ).
Again the arrival is messed up.
Net as much as with Brussels , but it is.

So you think that the issue might be cuased by Navigraph data ?
I always use the latest data.
If that is so I will contact them.

Also I will try with the PxxxMD-11 FMS, to see what the arrival outcome is.

I am now trying a flight from EHAM to DTMB(Monastir) RWY7 ILS Approach using RINOS as the transition and BAROG1R as the STAR. The charts with the STARS on it for RWY7 made no sense to me. So I just started trying STARS from the top to bottom of the CDU page. I finally settled on BAROG1R. That seems to give a smooth shot into RWY7. I let you know what happens.

Michael Cubine

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #224 - May 25th, 2011 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
Libretto

All didnot go well while on the STAR. As the plane was heading in the general direction of the airport it was supposed to turn right, go straight for several miles then turn left and head for the transition. At the first waypoint instead of turning right the plane did not change heading continuing straight on. I had to disengage LNAV and make the turns myself.  It landed okay but something was messed up with the STAR. I think I'll fly in the United States, Europe, and Asia.

Michael Cubine

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top