Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Tomatoshade and CS 757 (Read 2880 times)
Darien

Tomatoshade and CS 757
Aug 7th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I've been trying to use Tomatoshade (Reflection mod and shaders), which looks absolutely amazing.  Only thing that prevents me from actually keeping it on is one; I know CS won't support it as it's a mod to dynamic reflections and two, I can't use it with any cockpit lights (or any lights turned on for that matter). Which is what I wanted to make this purpose of this post for. Just as awareness and for the fact that I actually have a question about the lights from CS. Whenever you turn on any cockpit lighting; does the model change by any chance as well? As some of the exterior model changes. Very minor so one won't exactly tell and for the fact that when you turn on cockpit lighting, you lose all reflection to the exterior of the aircraft.

2018-6-21_1-7-50-117.jpg ( 234 KB | 211 Downloads )
2018-6-21_1-7-50-117.jpg

IP Logged

Alcides Segovia

Re: Tomatoshade and CS 757
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:16am
Print Post  
I just installed the preset and it looks really well. The request I have for the devs is if we could get in an update a different lighting system. Right now the texture swap when we are going into night time is making the entire aircraft not use an alpha map or diffuse texture when the night lights get turned on. A system such as the Truelight from TFDI or FSlabs even the another company lighting allows the diffuse to still be on at night allowing us to see the lights better during the day and we could keep the diffuse map on the exterior model to see reflections.

For example like these

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Alcides Segovia wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:16am:
Right now the texture swap when we are going into night time is making the entire aircraft not use an alpha map or diffuse texture when the night lights get turned on. A system such as the Truelight from TFDI or FSlabs even the other lighting allows the diffuse to still be on at night allowing us to see the lights better during the day and we could keep the diffuse map on the exterior model to see reflections.

The 757 has the diffuse on around the clock, so there's no texture swap. Just lightmaps applied over the diffuse as per the sim standard logic/timing.

Alpha is probably gone at night, but again as per the sim standard logic/timing.

As far as I know Truelight/FSlabs are FX based lights and have nothing to do with textures.

IP Logged

Darien

Reply #3 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:51am
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:37pm:
Alcides Segovia wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:16am:
Right now the texture swap when we are going into night time is making the entire aircraft not use an alpha map or diffuse texture when the night lights get turned on. A system such as the Truelight from TFDI or FSlabs even the other lighting allows the diffuse to still be on at night allowing us to see the lights better during the day and we could keep the diffuse map on the exterior model to see reflections.

The 757 has the diffuse on around the clock, so there's no texture swap. Just lightmaps applied over the diffuse as per the sim standard logic/timing.

Alpha is probably gone at night, but again as per the sim standard logic/timing.

As far as I know Truelight/FSlabs are FX based lights and have nothing to do with textures.

Thank you for the info! However would there be any way possible to keep the alpha so that I can basically have reflections work around the clock? The alpha on disappears when I turn on cockpit lights around night time.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #4 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 1:08pm
Print Post  
Darien wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:51am:
However would there be any way possible to keep the alpha so that I can basically have reflections work around the clock?

The problem is, changing any materials setting now will unpredictably affect existing diff/spec/bump maps. We are talking 10 released models with hundreds of liveries. So the answer is unfortunately no.

But if you'll provide us with info what exact settings you need to support the mod, we'd try to implement them into the next product.
I mean stuff like:
blend environment by inverse of diffuse alpha
blend environment by specular map alpha
blend diffuse by diffuse alpha
blend diffuse by inverse of specular map alpha

IP Logged

Darien

Reply #5 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 1:08pm:
Darien wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 5:51am:
However would there be any way possible to keep the alpha so that I can basically have reflections work around the clock?

The problem is, changing any materials setting now will unpredictably affect existing diff/spec/bump maps. We are talking 10 released models with hundreds of liveries. So the answer is unfortunately no.

But if you'll provide us with info what exact settings you need to support the mod, we'd try to implement them into the next product.
I mean stuff like:
blend environment by inverse of diffuse alpha
blend environment by specular map alpha
blend diffuse by diffuse alpha
blend diffuse by inverse of specular map alpha

Not a problem. Maybe I can have you contact the developer and I'll try to get in touch with him. Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top