Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 Anything New Planned by Captain Sim? (Read 17098 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: Anything New Planned by Captain Sim?
Reply #30 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 5:19am
Print Post  
BrianG wrote on Dec 7th, 2013 at 7:35pm:
Tim Capps wrote on Nov 18th, 2013 at 7:38am:
Fix the 757 and 767 -- soooo close. Now, I realize you're not going to make money on releasing bug fixes. So how about a really nice early MiG?  Just for fun. Just hammer down the bugs in the 757 and 767, please.

I'm sure CS in working feverishly to fix bugs for all their planes going back to the 727. I expect to see all their planes fixed very, very shortly.

I wouldn't say very shortly! Shocked But I certainly hope that's not too far off. Wink

My concern for the 757 and 767 is that they have already said there will NOT be any more free upgrades. This means they are staying at v4.6 (757) and v1.5 (767). New versions are possibly on the cards for them, rather than bug fixes. In all honesty, I would rather see the bugs fixed on the current versions, rather than them being completely redone. Both the 757 and 767 are top of the line visually, and with the remaining bugs fixed, they would be top of the line across the board, or at least very close to it.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

minisukai

Reply #31 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
.....but there was no upgrade  from 2013.7 to now= =~~~and no news from the official............

IP Logged

Blover

Reply #32 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Hi, I am reading this now, and I feel there is no point doing a new version of the 57-67-77.
All three planes have a climb' that is not realistic - no 4-5000fpm at FL250
The climb is controlled by the elevator using the available thrust.
All three planes should capture the Stars wpts.
the 57-77 should have the descent path like my 67
Otherwise they are great.!

In an effort to see if it could make a difference, I removed Accel from my FSX and replaced with SP1 + SP2. No changes, all remain the same.  Did not gain, did not loose, except a few airplanes I never flown.

Honest, my 67 is so close ! Shocked

Raymond     Boeing or nothing
KFLL      South florida  

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #33 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
Blover wrote on Dec 8th, 2013 at 12:38pm:
Otherwise they are great.!

Raymond     Boeing or nothing
KFLL      South florida  

How are the Wind Pages and Descent Forecast working in the FMC?

Michael Cubine

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold

IP Logged

FabioL

Reply #34 - Dec 8th, 2013 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
The CS757 still beats all other 757's, IMHO.

With all the tweaks and adjustments in place, I find that it gives a comparable climb rates that are certainly close to what I'd expect from the "other" well known 757.
I return to the CS757 and CS737 time and time and time again. They're exceptional in every way, except in one respect: None are quite finished.
My wish is that CS will provide fixes for their 757, 767, & 777 rather than expect users to fix their ever-so-slightly-not-quite-there-yet aeroplanes.
Please CS, two New Year's resolutions: Issue final fixes for your products as clearly they need some fine tuning (flight dynamics and SID/STAR management) and please issue some regular news bulletins as once upon-a-time, I know that CS issued three updates within two months (or similar; Tim's review if I recall correctly mentioned this).
Once you update the current models, only then should you create new aircraft. I hate reading all the negative CS press and narratives in the "other" unofficial forum, although some of it, dare I say, appears justified.

BTW, is there an issue with your Navigraph raw data? For instance, the MELVO approach to MHTG Toncontin has spurious elements in it, which when removed and adjusted, allows the CS757 to fly the RNAV RW02 perfectly. On top of this, many ILS-X, Y, or Z approaches don't appear within the route after selection in the FMS, and this knocks out the TOD/VNAV profile, which leads me to suspect the data, only because the aircraft flies RNAV and VNAV without fault.

Hobestly CS, only you can fix this! Raise your profile to where it should be. Please consider issuing fixes for existing operational problems.

Captain Sim C-130, 727, 737, 757, 767, 777, L1011, CS WX Radar & CS Weapon

IP Logged

druco

The African Flyer

Reply #35 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 9:35am
Print Post  
Guys, I agree with the most of you.
first let them finish what was started. And the L1011 will be a great addon.

But then, keeping developing models or versions from planes already on the market or very similar, sounds having the same again!!!

How about low wing medium range props, like BAe ATP, SAAB, Electra, etc. FS is lack of them in all versions. I can't find one that is good modeled. Also the CL415, above mentioned by another simmer; great plane.

There are many options for that kind of aircraft, models that no other developer has made and will make us have different experiences on FS, not just flying heavy jets...

DRUCO

IP Logged

druco

The African Flyer

Reply #36 - Jan 10th, 2014 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Also I have posted twice, some time ago in this forum, (those posts apparently vanished) asking for a classic former soviet plane. They are great.
How about the iconic IL-76. there are great models already, but no VC, no great panel. Some sort of partnership could be done with free developers for the body and dynamics, and CS could develop panel, VC and interiors. Even an occidental gauge version for Market reasons, I“m sure will be much appreciated by so many simmers and we will have some new for a change.

DRUCO

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top