Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Anything New Planned by Captain Sim? (Read 17091 times)
CoastalDriver

Anything New Planned by Captain Sim?
Sep 8th, 2013 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Just curious as to whether or not Capt Sim is planning any new aircraft for FSX/P3D? Very quiet at the moment all over! And no not trying to start a new topic about what would I would like to see, that has been done to death already. Everybody wants something different including me!

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Re: Anything New Planned by Captain Sim?
Reply #1 - Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:21pm
Print Post  
I know that a lot of people (Including me  Wink) want to see Captain Sim release the L-1011 as well as Service packs for all the current aircraft. That is a lot of work for them!  Shocked

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 3:28am
Print Post  
Evan, I fully agree to your points.  Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Quote:
I know that a lot of people (Including me  Wink) want to see Captain Sim release the L-1011 as well as Service packs for all the current aircraft. That is a lot of work for them!  Shocked

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this subject. Grin Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Ah well guess I will just have to keep playing around with the other mobs L1011 in the meantime. Yep and some fixes for some bugs in the other stuff would be nice too.

It seems the downturn in other places and worldwide is starting to bite in the flight sim world, there are a lot of dead sites and a lot of the community freeware effort has gone now as I am sure the cost of maintaining sites etc is too much for some and not enough bums on the seats for others. Then again there was a lot good stuff done in FS2004 and it seems the changes in modelling systems etc and lack of compatibility has meant for many it has just become too hard and who can afford it anyway, so they have given it away. Starting to see the same trend in some simmers who just cannot justify upgrading PC's etc. Then again if you look at the real world of aviation you can hardly get excited about a B787 or Airbus A350.

IP Logged

daveduck

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2013 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
I don't suppose an X-Plane version of the 707 is in the works...

Oh, to dream.

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2013 at 11:14am
Print Post  
you know I was wondering what they could come up with and started thinking outside the fsx box. I'm not a fan of military aircraft in fsx as they have their own very good simulators.

But I thought about the early 50's and there were some very interesting jet powered sea planes. One was quite a large American 4 engine bomber which flew at just under mach 1.

The other I thought of was an Ekranoplan. Now I'd love to see one of those modelled correctly.  Shocked

*Think of the possibilities, Lou and Bruce sailing the high seas (well 20ft) at 500mph while sipping on their martinis. (shaken, not stirred!)

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Sep 16th, 2013 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Excellent suggestion, Cappy.  Cheesy

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #8 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Nah, seaplanes are really hard to model well in FSX, love them nonetheless and collect all of them, the good the bad and the ugly. Problem with flying boats and amphibians or seaplanes if you like is that you got nowwhere to park them and serious flying boat bases and facilities are non existant. Had a go at one or two but have not got the hang of the object placement tools yet!

I would still love to see the other 707 variants, 128, 720 etc even the RR powered 300 of BOAC would be good. Nah tell em their dreaming. Cool

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Sep 17th, 2013 at 2:23pm
Print Post  
Talking about sea plane's, I have always wanted to see a properly modeled CL-215 and CL-415 water bombers. The good thing is you don't stop on the water, just a touch and go without having to "slide" on the FSX water.  Grin

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 12:11pm
Print Post  
Yes, the cooling down of flight simulation is something I have always predicted. The reason are new planes, fly-by-wire and the boring cockpits with two big screens.

Simming is about enjoying a challenge, like how people got amazed at visiting the cockpit because of all those instruments, knobs, lights, etc. Today a modern cockpit doesn't impress people anymore...

Once people understood what GPS does for their lives, be it in a car or in a plane, everything is pretty much the same. Before their was curiosity with navigation, vor, ils...people wonder how planes went from a to b. Pilots were heroes. Captains were God. Stewardess were pop stars. That is what made a flightsim so popular in from FS4 in an IBM PS2. The magic of flying.

There is no magic anymore, just programming GPS, FMC, and inputing painlessly data on computers within your computer. We are just simulating computer data filling. That's not fun.
Do you know why we don't simulate cars riding along streets? Because its a pretty straightforward process that even my granny can do it.

Captainsim will be one of the last ones because they have kept around the classics, but again this niche is small. I read some guys here never saw a Tristar, just by internet pics. The thing is the Tristar is not that old, I flew in some in the 90s. Imagine about the other models.

Xplane is overrated, when come to facts, when you sit in a cockpit, even a payware, you feel like in a drawn cockpit, it doesn't feel real.

A DC8 would be welcome, its the only plane from the golden era that lacks a good CS quality addon. The future will allow for continuous services for the current planes, or relaunches when technology allows better cabin interaction with moving people, but not in this platform of course.

CoastalDriver wrote on Sep 9th, 2013 at 1:51pm:
Ah well guess I will just have to keep playing around with the other mobs L1011 in the meantime. Yep and some fixes for some bugs in the other stuff would be nice too.

It seems the downturn in other places and worldwide is starting to bite in the flight sim world, there are a lot of dead sites and a lot of the community freeware effort has gone now as I am sure the cost of maintaining sites etc is too much for some and not enough bums on the seats for others. Then again there was a lot good stuff done in FS2004 and it seems the changes in modelling systems etc and lack of compatibility has meant for many it has just become too hard and who can afford it anyway, so they have given it away. Starting to see the same trend in some simmers who just cannot justify upgrading PC's etc. Then again if you look at the real world of aviation you can hardly get excited about a B787 or Airbus A350.

&&&&

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #11 - Sep 19th, 2013 at 3:22pm
Print Post  
"Yes, the cooling down of flight simulation is something I have always predicted. The reason are new planes, fly-by-wire and the boring cockpits with two big screens. "

FS isn't cooling down if you ask m, new products keep coming and people happily buy them. Most of the best selling FS addons have been those very airliners you call boring, such as the 737NG and 777 that got just released by a famous developer.

I hope CS is still working on the Tristar, been very quiet lately...

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #12 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Maybe I should rephrase it...
its cooling down "compared to" the euphoria that flightsim was between FS98 and FS2004.

for those who were not regular flightsimmers in that period the amount of Forum interest, addon releases, virtual airlines, scenery developpers, etc etc was far larger than today, as was the amount of hours spent in flightsim by average simmers.

and its not fair to say the addons were of weak quality, they were considering the technology of the day, extremely advanced, I can mention a few, like the same 727 by captainsim for fs2002/fs9, the DF737 and many freewares like David Maltby and others, some still unsurpassed by todays developpers, or that took many years for a better one to come up.

the 737NG excellently done by the other is a special plane, a) first its the most widely used passenger plane flown today, given this boring world of few models compared to other epochs.
b) Any Tommy teen I-want-to-be-a-pilot carreer dreamer is bound to study and fly the 737ng thoroughly.

So, for introducing to carreeer and training flightsim will be the all favorite simulator, cheap, available and pretty accurate in some features.

But what about flightsim as a hobby? that's the cooling down I meant....compared to...to give you an idea, flightsim created such curiosity in gamers that it was more popular than MS Word or Excel in the early days. Bill Gates had to bundle FS4 with Windows because everybody was talking about siumulating flying a plane.

I see you like the 747..which developer you fly with? the other? come on! any simmer that has been on a 747 can tell their work is still cartoonish, its using gauges and graphics from fs2000, did you know that even Captainsim, the 727, 707 they are using the same gauges released by their first 727 back in ...when 2003?
Ten years have passed! reason? good developpers have also moved on to other things

&&&&

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #13 - Sep 20th, 2013 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
"I see you like the 747..which developer you fly with? the other? come on! any simmer that has been on a 747 can tell their work is still cartoonish, its using gauges and graphics from fs2000, did you know that even Captainsim, the 727, 707 they are using the same gauges released by their first 727 back in ...when 2003?
Ten years have passed! reason? good developpers have also moved on to other things"

I highly doubt that as most FS2002/FS2004 gauges aren't compatible with FSX... The 747 of that developer is already quite old and they are making new V2 version of it.

Developers today utilize potential of FSX about as well as possible.

IP Logged

AndersCN

Reply #14 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
I agree with most posters, that they should finish the Tristar first, and then release a couple of service packs for various current aircraft.

After that there could plenty of options with expansion from current basepacks: a RR Convay equipped 707-400, the 707-100, 707-200.. In fact the entire 707 versions up to the -700 series with High bypass turbofan engines.

And then we have the 767-400.

Next in the line, a classic 741/742 would be nice.

Further out in the future we could imagine the DC-8 and Convair 880/990.

BR
Anders

AMD Phenom II X6 1100T BE @ 3,9GHz&&Noctua NH-D14&&EVGA GTX 570&&4 GB GSkill 1600/7-8-7-24&&Asrock 990FX Extreme4&&850W XFX bronze&&CM HAF 912&&120 GB OCZ SSD, 250 GB Velociraptor, 1 TB WD Black&&Dell 24 inch 1920x1200&&Thrustmaster T1600M&&Windows 7/64 HP&&REX E Plus OD, FSG2010, FTXGlobal/Vector/O

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top