Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Engine Hydraulics (Read 1446 times)
CameronL

Engine Hydraulics
Mar 10th, 2013 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Hey guys. I can't turn on the engine hydraulics without the engines running. I have EA and EP and my APU on, but still nothing. And one more thing, how do I find the D-TO on the takeoff page?

IP Logged

tf51d

Re: Engine Hydraulics
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 5:40am
Print Post  
CameronL wrote on Mar 10th, 2013 at 1:56am:
Hey guys. I can't turn on the engine hydraulics without the engines running. I have EA and EP and my APU on, but still nothing. And one more thing, how do I find the D-TO on the takeoff page?

The 777 is unique as it not only models the overhead, but also maintenance switches that ground personnel would use. If you look on the upper overhead on the right side, you'll see a group of guarded switches, which are defaulted on as well as cargo temp knobs. These are maintenance switches, that need to be turned of. Set the cargo temps as desired. Then over on the left side (Pilot side) are a set of nine guarded switches, the lower six, which are for the hydraulics are defaulted off. These all need to be turned on. The upper 3 are for standby window heat, and standby power. I leave these in their default positions. Now the hard part is access. It's almost impossible to do it from the pilot seat. If you have EZDOK or OPUS you should be able to create individual views which will make it easier. If not you'll have to use the view controls within FSX to do this. (CTRL/Enter or Backspace for longitude, CTRL/Shift-Enter or Backspace for lateral. It's nice that the switches are modeled, and obviously function, but I wish they defaulted to flight mode.

As for D-TO you should find this on the thrust limit page  

IP Logged

bubba620

Re: Engine Hydraulics
Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2013 at 8:52am
Print Post  
From the Co-pilots seat you can reach all the switches. Works great. Brian Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top