Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
$10,000 1 Way Flight !! (Read 2669 times)
JetRanger

JETRANGER

$10,000 1 Way Flight !!
Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Well, I just paid for a very Expensive 1-Way 35 minute Flight - and the Worst part , I never even got to go on it, at 600 mph.

Go Figure !

I don't ever wanna hear anybody complain about Airfares again !  Grin

Geshhh ~ $10,000 US Dollars , I gotta say it,, I just Gotta, darn !!

YouTube  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: $10,000 1 Way Flight !!
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Was that an emergency medical flight for your father? Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CameronL

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 8:40pm
Print Post  
So sorry to see that. I hope that wasn't a family member Cry

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I guess Jet Ranger has to deliver a little background here. Either way, I hope all is good with the buddy flying at those rates.  Undecided

IP Logged

JetRanger

JETRANGER

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Follow up :

Sorry I been out of touch lately !!   Cry

All has not gone well for me, lately, the photos posted previously was that of my Father, as we moved him from Springfield Missouri, to Kansas City , Mo.

from the hospital down there to up here in a nursing home, where , he lasted about 3 weeks before he decided to check out and go off in the Blue Yonder and chase vapor trails from Jets I suppose ??  Undecided

Father passed away on January 22nd 2013.
Dad was 82 years old.

Then another sadd event happened 2 weeks after that - my Beautiful Husky Died suddenly, Keisha. 

She was a Beautiful Girl Dog, I had for 8 years, loved her a lot, loved my Husky like a wife / girl friend  Cry Cry Cry Cry

Anyway,, i'm ever so slowly gettin over the loss of everything, kinda sorta, I still have my moments tho.

So, While I ponder over everything,, I decided to Purchase a Boeing 737-200 Jetliner to Cruise & Tool around in for a while, I got nothin better to do !  Undecided

I have it parked at my House - at the moment !

Actually - I have it parked IN my House  Shocked

Now , hows that you ask ?  Shocked  Huh

Well I decided to purchase the Captain Sim Boeing 737-200 / 100 series Jetliner to add to my amazing Fleet of FSX Flight Simulator Aircraft, along with their 707 & 727 Jetliners, I have in my FSX, I been flyin a lot lately to keep my mind off of everything.  Cry

Last my Aircrafter utility did a scan - it said I had bout 3,895 Aircraft in my Simulator  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Whooof, WoW, guess I spent sum time downloadin huh ??

some are Payware sum are FREEWARE plus scenery from PAC SIM Simulations and sum Freeware FSX Scenery too !

Now I'm all set to get back flying finally and making video's again !  Smiley

The year started off badd for me - hopefully it'll end up good, maybe hopefully I dunno' ?? 

of course right now, were buried in deep Snow, with another Storm movin in Monday & Tuesday to dump another 8 to 12" of white stuff on top of what we already have on the ground now here in the midwest part of the USA.

Guess I got nothin to do but FLY day & nite now, sit by the warm fireplace and keep on' flyin' !

Sure miss my Dad and my Beautiful Dog !!

See ya all later, I'll be around !

JetRanger / KMCI / KMKC

YouTube  
IP Logged

R. Aranda S.

Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2013 at 6:15am
Print Post  
Man, I am so, so sorry to know about both your losses. I sincerely wish and know you will find the necessary strenght to carry on.

I recently had my father in the hospital in an emergency and I was scared shitless, but he is alright and out for now and I kind of value more things. I'm still 19 year-old guy and I'm glad life gave us a kick in the nuts to wake us up and change and make some new/better things.

Anyway, I guess it's a good idea to sim a lot to keep your mind off the bunch of things going around your head lately. That's a crazy add-on filled FSX you got there! I am kinda maniac on it and always keep what I'm using only. By the way, I'll soon PM you about some great addons you should have if not already.

Again my friend, I hope things will get better for you from now on.

I'll sim a MMMX-KMKC flight to visit you and have a smoke together  Grin

Hug, happy simming.

R. Aranda S.

C152/C172/C310/B762

IP Logged

JetRanger

JETRANGER

Reply #6 - Feb 25th, 2013 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
19 years old Huh,,, wheww wish I was 19 again,,,

Tell ya 1 thing you'd better do,, and I mean do,, while your father can communicate with you, before he ends up back in the hospital in the future 

You seriously need to sit down with him alone, no phone calls,, nothin,, and let him decide who's gonna be POA - Power of Attorney over his Heatlthcare decisions, Financial decisions, everything, and get it in writing, and make copies !!

You'll definetly need it, when that dreadful comes.

Thankfully my Father went to an Attorney 3 years prior and had all the legal paperwork drawn up to make me his POA / Power of Attorney,, seems nobody will do anything for you without, IF / Should Father / Mother get to the point they can't communicate or and comprehend verbally or in writing,,,

That POA is very very very important now days, hospitals, nursing homes, even the Ambulance if one is needed, nobody want to do anything without that POA, signed, notorized, be sure to make extrea copies too !!

Having the POA sure saved myself and my Father a lotta unnecessary grief and headaches all around !!

just a word of advice,, hope you take it seriously !!

Thanks for the condolences too !!  Smiley

Jetranger

YouTube  
IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2013 at 4:02am
Print Post  
Jetranger, I wished the update of yours would contain more positive events.  Undecided I'm sorry reading about your loss and want to express my condolences. Also seems like the weather gods added some more snow and storms for you folks, huh?  Undecided

I agree with Rigo, you must have a huge hangar of planes there. And your videos and screenshots on the challenges offered are always welcome. So let us know when the Manhatten Pacemaker takes to the skies again.  Smiley

IP Logged

Kenny

Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2013 at 8:14am
Print Post  
My condolences to you and your family. I'm sure Keisha and your father are having a grand old time up there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top