Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Piracy (Read 22042 times)
fsxking08

"Keep on     Flying!"

Piracy
Oct 8th, 2012 at 4:12am
Print Post  
So my friend is the kind of person to pirate stuff, and I like to have legal versions of stuff, and he didn't know I already have the CS 767, so he showed me a pirated link of it, and I told him i already had one, and like always, I told him about how he really should just buy it, 30 or 40 bucks isnt that much for a 767 with a full high detailed cabin in it. So I wanted to show the CS staff so they can work on getting it pulled down, I dont know if I should post the link or not, so i wont until a staff member tells either I can, or I cant.

Also, I put this in the general discussion because I was looking around to see if any other CS products were pirated after he showed me the links, and the 757 is up there, the 727, 707, 737, C130 is up, and the 777 is up, but not cracked yet, so this is more than just the 767. Also, since the 777 hasnt been cracked yet, I suggest getting that one pulled down first, so people cant download it and try to crack it.

I honestly cant understand why people wouldn't buy stuff, it's not that much, and most of these pirated versions are missing files, comes with viruses, or just dont work. Blows my mind at how cheap people are these days

&&Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 940@2.93GHz&&Radeon Diamond 5570HD (1 gig memory)&&7 gigs RAM on Windows 7 64 Bit&&CS 757-200, 757-200F and 767-300

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: My friend showed me a pirated CS 767 link
Reply #1 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 7:36am
Print Post  
Sadly, there will always be those who are only too happy to save a few dollars by getting a "free" copy. Angry

The best thing to do is to wait until Tanya can let you know how to pass the download link onto her, without you having to publicize it in the forum where others can have access to it (especially since the forum is open to everyone, and not just legitimate users).

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #2 - Oct 8th, 2012 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
Hey,
When you say cheap...if you add all the numbers it si not. I guess it would not be very cheap if people stoppex cracking them. The best way for people to get the price of these addons at the lowest legally is for the developers to creat the best anti piracy systems. I find the price of some of these addons quite painful. To get all of the 707 family, 60 euros?! It would be cheaper I bet if people bought the darn thing.
The answer to stop cracking, to get these cheaper, is better anti piracy systems. I can tell right off the bat which systems work well. CS have got it right on.
I used to pirate a hell of a lot. There is some discussion about it somewhere... I stopped when I took it from a viewpoint of people who tried so hard to make these only to find it stolen from them and wothout the money they deserve. SUPPORT YOUR HOBBY!
I made the error about 2 years ago about publishing my details of what I purchased on a website, without realising there was a limited amount before the order number locked. I suffered from those costs.
Now that I moved to a new computer, I can't use those planes(I can't find the old registry files on the old part of my hard drive-please tell me where to get it if you can!). Therefore, I cannot simply redownload, I have to repurchase everything. I think it is a fair punishment, no?
So on my debt list-
CS 707 plus addons- 60 euros
CS 737 plus addons- 60 euros
CS 757 -50 euros
CS 767-30 euros
CS 777- 40
B-52- 25
Weapon- 15
280 euros in total. I bought these and shared them. I feel ashamed oof my self. Undecided
So I stopped pirating and deleted my account from the website.
Pete

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Hi Pete.

1. If you make the anti-piracy measures to strong, owners can still have major problems installing the product too.

2. Captain Sim (or any other developers) believe that the the price for their product is fair and reasonable. Why should they say we can sell twice as many for half the price? You either save up and buy it because you want it. Or you don't get it (some will opt to get a pirated copy). And there will always be pirated copies around for those who flatly refuse to pay for something, regardless of its cost.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Panny

FSX is a pain in the ass.

Reply #4 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 6:30am
Print Post  
I assume once they finish the product they can put the anti piracy on later.
I would of assumed that the price must have been affected by piracy. How much it is I don't know, but there has to be an effect.
Pete

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #5 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 7:06am
Print Post  
Yeah, by quick look to popular pirate sites you can see that unfortunately almost every single popular FSX product is available as pirated versions, no matter how good anti piracy measures developers use.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 4:13pm
Print Post  
There are those out there creating anti-piracy measures. And there are those out there who find ways around the anti-piracy measures. That will never change.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #7 - Oct 9th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Thank you for support. Please PM me the link, thank you.

IP Logged

bond

Reply #8 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
Well, unfortunately there will always be pirated software on the web. The fact is, if someone made it, someone can break it.

Software developers are constantly looking into new ways of preventing piracy of their software, but no matter what they put into the code, someone will disassemble it, re-write (bypass) the code and then reassembling it to bypass any measures that were originally meant to stop the piracy. Such things as serial codes that must be entered for the software to become active, CD-DVD checking, or on-line activation to name a few, all have been and can be bypassed by changing the code within the program. It is a frustrating thing for developers, but there is only so much that can be done, time is money. So how much time and resources can be spent on preventing piracy? Usually there is little time, many companies that are developing software are on a time frame, and have time limits, they are often pressured to meet deadlines. There are some 3rd party software companies that deal with anti-piracy and try to develop code that can be added to another customers software, but again and again the code can usually be broken or changed(re-written) by someone. The pirates are getting more and more clever, they sometimes will have servers in another country with the illegal pirated software on it for anyone to download, making it more difficult to shutdown the severs and finding those responsible. It's and endless battle between the software developers and the pirates who steal their work.

Some may argue, they want to try the software/program before they purchase it. Many software developers will allow you to try the software for a time limit, usually 30 days then the product becomes inactive. So this excuse to download the pirated software is irrelevant. You like the product then buy it ! Stealing is stealing, no excuses.

You can help prevent piracy by reporting links, websites, or persons involved to the authorities, developer or software company and of course for you to not download any pirated or illegal software.      

IP Logged

skydiver1

http://

Reply #9 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 6:23am
Print Post  
I fear with all the piracy that Capt Sim or other add-on developers will go the way Phoenix Simulations- OUT OF BUSINESS!!!   Angry  Actually, they resurrected themselves recently but they were originally done in by piracy as their tech support was fielding more questions from like 3 times the number of e-mail addresses then the total number of the add-on sold! > Shocked

&&

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #10 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Yeah, actually when I think about it really only popular FS products I have not seen being pirated are mainly some really big scenery ones that are way too big for most people to obtain through download (or upload anywhere), like over 10GB.

IP Logged

Cappy

Moar fuel please

Re: Piracy
Reply #11 - Oct 25th, 2012 at 4:01am
Print Post  
I hate pirates.

And I hate DRM just as much.

Sent from my old flip phone thingy using Tapatalk HD_2016

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:15am
Print Post  
In discussions elsewhere, it seems to be a generational thing. Below a certain age, most people cannot link the concept of property rights with information, and really don't see it as stealing. There a million excuses: "I wouldn't have bought it anyway, so..."; "I'm just a poor student, so how could anyone expect me to pay that much?" "Information WANTS to be free;" "It's not that good, anyway." Whatever.

I think it is stealing, is wrong, and a sin to boot! But it is like arguing to a fencepost with a troubling percentage of people below the age of 25. They don't appreciate the work, respect the artists or have any idea what it means to make something wonderful and have it hit the torrents on the day of release.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32†Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2014 at 10:05am
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jan 7th, 2014 at 8:15am:
I think it is stealing, is wrong, and a sin to boot! But it is like arguing to a fencepost with a troubling percentage of people below the age of 25. They don't appreciate the work, respect the artists or have any idea what it means to make something wonderful and have it hit the torrents on the day of release.
You're right Tim. It IS wrong. It IS stealing. And it IS a sin to boot!

But.... Here is a story of DRM going horribly wrong:

I pre-ordered Far Cry 2. The worst thing was that I bought the game for nearly $100, but I could not play it for TWO DAYS! Meanwhile, it appeared in torrents, with a "cracked exe" within less than one hour of release! All those who downloaded the torrent were happily playing it, while I was communicating back and forth with Ubisoft to try and get my ridgi-didge version working. Ubisoft also had, at one point, the cheek to tell me to contact their help line (at a cost of $3.70 PER MINUTE here in Australia). I simply said that I would NOT do that, and that they WOULD fix my problem FOR FREE, or I was going to say that they had "stolen" my money for something that did not work! They fixed it very quickly after that, and all the fix was, was a new farcry2.exe file to replace the one that was installed from the disk on my computer. I never shared that file, so I don't know if it would have worked on another computer or not. It was for me to use to play Far Cry 2. It worked and I was "as happy as a pig in mud"!

It was not a pleasant experience, and it has never happened again. But I do understand the reasons behind their DRM (as much as I hate it).
It must have been pretty embarrassing to have their DRM defeat so quickly! Shocked

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Jan 8th, 2014 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Piracy IS wrong!!!

I was just giving an example of the DRM going wrong. I wish I hadn't needed to do that, but it was hard to spend 2 days trying to play the game without success, while people who got it for free (stole it) were happily playing it and talking about how good, or bad, it was, while I was yet to even see the 8.5 minutes of the introduction to it. I must admit that I was so tempted to get the torrent so I could play the game (I wouldn't really have been stealing it would I?), but I didn't. I chose to sort it out with the developer.

Thank goodness that never happened with Far Cry 3!!!! Cheesy Grin

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top