Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
 25 LockheedMartin takes up FSX GoodBye Microsoft (Read 34731 times)
asanal

Re: LockheedMartin takes up FSX GoodBye Microsoft
Reply #45 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Mark/CoolP and Gandy

P3D is not easy. I already spent so much time to  make it workable.

You can use P3D, if you want to give up most of the Addons.

I want to have:

1- REXE
2-Fs2Crew
3-RC4.3
4-UT2
5-UTX US
6-GEX US/CA
7-FSFD

Without them, I better close the door. Between 1-7 only RC4.3 is not working. Rest of them in 70/90% efficiency bracket level.

I start to believe  P3D is not ready ,will need at least a year to develop. Sad

I will try couple more days, then, I will clean all mess. P3D is  deteriorating FSX structure. Roll Eyes

Please read Kosta's FSX/P3D Performance Comparison Removal,

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #46 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:29am
Print Post  
I wished I could help some more. Well, the main thing is to keep FSX in place, so you can always fly the old sim in case the new one stutters. The installations should not affect each other to my knowledge.

As for the addons, I think some of them may work with the user-to-user help. Avsim forums may be a good idea as they seem to collect the most common solutions these days (http://forum.avsim.net/forum/436-the-unofficial-prepar3d-forum/). Other addons will work out of the box, like REX-E, which just needs an extra code to allow for P3D to work.

Some remaining ones may have trouble on the licensing  Undecided or some modules failing so far. Take some another company airports for example and their AES Lite components like the small vehicles around the place. Perhaps check if there are separate P3D installers for your purchased software. In the case of another company airports, they've updated their installers some time ago. So perhaps download them again to install them in P3D too.

I want to have:

1- REXE
2-Fs2Crew
3-RC4.3
4-UT2
5-UTX US
6-GEX US/CA
7-FSFD

REX-E needs an extra code and then works.
Quote:
REX Essential was specifically created for FSX as well as Lockheed Martin’s Prepar3D. This section is for the user that would like to use REX for FSX AND/OR Prepar3D. Purchasing a REX/Prepar3D license  will ‘unlock’ all the features specific to the Prepar3D platform, and will be confirmed by the field being

FS2Crew. So far, only the 737 thing works. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/373558-prepar3d/

RC4.3. I don't know. Maybe this helps. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/382754-two-installations-on-same-machine/ Looks like it's working with small adjustments.

UT2 may work with tricking, UTX and GEX too, but those are the ones where the companies have trouble with the license. Stating that openly.

What is FSFD?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #47 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
Hi Ahmet.

You might need to go to support forums for your products and/or the P3D Avsim forum. I have not spent much time looking into adding/moving stuff over to P3D, I just copy what I think I need to, compare the DLL.xml file between the two Simulators and see if I can get them working. I am having some success, but not total success. I have not tried to get REX2 Essentials working, but that's because I want to get AS2012 working in P3D instead.

I don't have many FS2Crew products, only 2 in fact, for the default C172 Roll Eyes (bought years ago) and for the iFly 737NG, so I can't help you there either.

I am planning to try UT2, but have not yet tried it.

The rest of the ones on your list, I don't have. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #48 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:59pm:
I don't have many FS2Crew products, only 2 in fact, for the default C172 Roll Eyes (bought years ago)

That's the best one. Nobody should miss it.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #49 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 3:01pm:
Markoz wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 1:59pm:
I don't have many FS2Crew products, only 2 in fact, for the default C172 Roll Eyes (bought years ago)

That's the best one. Nobody should miss it.  Cheesy

Yeah right! Tongue

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #50 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Im back in action on p3d as Pete has updated fsuipc4 to help with the g3d crashes  Cheesy

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #51 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 8:11pm
Print Post  
gandy wrote on Sep 5th, 2012 at 5:36pm:
Im back in action on p3d as Pete has updated fsuipc4 to help with the g3d crashes  Cheesy

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/
Thanks for that gandy. Can you please tell me what a G3D crash is? Prepar3D has never crashed on me, so I'm curious to know what it is. Please.

Here is the Captain Sim 707-300 (Pan Am) flying past Mount Rainier after taking off from Seattle (KSEA) using the 707-300 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) flight (copied over to the
C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Prepar3D Files folder).

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #52 - Sep 5th, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Well there could be a number of reasons for the crash but the g3d.dll is the visual end of the bgl converter, when its overloaded or it receives a response its not happy with it causes a crash.

Im starting to wonder if it caused by a duplicate GUID issue between the stock scenery and addon scenery, when there is no stress on the g3d.dll it can cope with the issue but when you up the settings and run the sim on its edge it can't deal with the issue fast enough and causes the crash. Just a theory mind you.

You have been very very lucky not to have a g3d crash Markoz Smiley

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #53 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 5:29am
Print Post  
Remember when I asked about Kosta removing the performance comparison shots? Well, he has updated his blog, explaining that step. My hat goes off for his honesty. http://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/2012/09/04/fsxp3d-performance-comparison-remo...

Quote:
Dear simmers,

Unforunately, I had to remove my review on performance comparison.
I made a mistake in the review, something I really don’t do often, and this time the error was so deep, I didn’t have a chance of noticing it, only suspected it.

What happened: I had Windows 7 installed with full FSX, everything I was using for a long time and flying.
Apparently this installation was broken – it yielded way less FPS than FSX is capable of. I had no comparison to run!
So after I have seen such high FPS in P3D, I believed that FPS are higher in P3D in general.
I reinstalled W7, put P3D on it, which had the same performance as my old FSX under old OS-installation.

It was not an OS fault. It was simply bogged down FSX, which ran slower.

Couple of days after I did the test, I got suspicious after some have reported same speeds, so I installed FSX – and hold and behold, I had similar FPS in FSX.

After not being able to believe how stupid the whole thing went, I cleaned up the machine ONCE again, ran both FSX and P3D setups, in the clean environment I ran the tests and came to a simple conclusion: P3D yields the same FPS or a bit better FPS in some scenarios.
It is a bit smoother though. But if you are heavy armed with my tweaks under FSX, you can also come very close to the smoothness in P3D.

Nevertheless, P3D is not bad, it is the way forward, it already offers features that FSX doesn’t offer (sound on lost focus for instance…), and it’s going only to get better.

Yet again, I am very very sorry for what happened, I stand by my mistakes and I hope such error will never happen again!

Regardless of that, I still think that a tweak&fiddle guy (which I once was) doesn't do bad with trying P3D (not for 200 bucks though  Shocked). Personally, I'm more looking for version 2.0 if it ever comes up. But expect me to read everything on 1.x too.

Either way, please keep reporting and helping on this and that addon. That's the spirit of a community.  Smiley

On the g3d.dll crashes, I only saw those getting reported quite regularly over Orbx scenery, especially PNW and some another company stuff like Brussels. As always, not all folks received them and also not with all planes, but only the super fancy ones.

The funny thing then was that Pete Dowson (the guy behind FSUIPC) received those crashes sooner or later and then started working on a fix. That's how the special FSUIPC version came to life, in FSX and later P3D, not being immune to that.

Now his free version of FSUIPC already includes that fix, which is as fair as it can get. The guy deserves support for that policy, so whoever hasn't bought FSUIPC yet (which can go a lot of tricks, not only that one) should go ahead!  Cheesy

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #54 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:04am
Print Post  
I originally brought fsuipc for its wind smoothing features in fsx but it probably is one of the most powerful tools you can have in fsx/p3d and its worth every penny if not more considering how well its supported by Pete Smiley

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #55 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:10am
Print Post  
You name. And to be honest, none of my fancy weather addons would work without FSUIPC helping it. Well, thanks to the 'funny' FSX (and P3D) weather system and some rather sensible addon planes of course.

The way weather gets injected into FSX and the instant switch of winds and temps is something unique. With small planes flying low, one just goes yikes! at times  Cheesy but seeing the addon stuff flying S-turns over straight lines or just getting into engine trouble because the weather decided to flip to 12°C warmer withing a nanosecond is more than yikes!  Grin

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #56 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:19am
Print Post  
Again, after many hours  trying to stabilize P3D, finally I got breakthrough:

1- REXE
a- I stabilized the REXE, now working well

2-Fs2Crew
a- Stabilized and working well

3-RC4.3
a- Woow..That was something RC stabilized and working well

4-UT2
a- Stabilized an working well

5-UTX US
a- Working well

6-GEX US/CA
a-Working well

7- GSX  (Sorry CoolP FSFD was wrong title)
a-Working well.

8-FsBuild
a-I solved the problem, now I can generate FP and import to any Airplane including PXMG 737 FMC

I did have on stable graphic scenery and airplane hiccups developed. I solved the problem with upgrade to latest beta Navdia Driver 306.

One more problem developed  my GPU temp is now high  around 75C. Sad
If all go well as I predicting. I can be out from bottle neck in next two days.

More upsetting was my FPS went down dramatically around 5 FPS. I identified the cause of problem was wrong installation of FSUIPC, Now I have the latest one suitable for P3D.

Tomorrow I will start test flights.

I just want to inform, what is going on with my project P3D .

Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #57 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:32am
Print Post  
That's a good result, Ahmet. Glad you are up and running now, so enjoy.  Smiley

IP Logged

gandy

Reply #58 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 8:15am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Sep 6th, 2012 at 6:10am:
You name. And to be honest, none of my fancy weather addons would work without FSUIPC helping it. Well, thanks to the 'funny' FSX (and P3D) weather system and some rather sensible addon planes of course.

The way weather gets injected into FSX and the instant switch of winds and temps is something unique. With small planes flying low, one just goes yikes! at times  Cheesy but seeing the addon stuff flying S-turns over straight lines or just getting into engine trouble because the weather decided to flip to 12°C warmer withing a nanosecond is more than yikes!  Grin

The funny thing is all the weather addons can use fsuipc to inject weather in to the sim but they choose not to use that feature, instead we have to use simconnect which is worse way to inject weather in to the sim as it can cause fps drops when loading, the bad wind shifts and the stutters can also happen. I would be very happy if Rex or Active Sky gave the option to inject weather through fsuipc

&&

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #59 - Sep 6th, 2012 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Good point. Well, the simconnect interface is the main FSX one, but one can trick e.g. ASE to run in the FS9 mode and then only using FSUIPC.

On the weather addon freeware, you can pick FSUIPC or SC, as you like. By this, it just comes with other downsides in regard to the SC interface. Unfortunately, there's no golden mode to be used, hence my hope for a completely new sim or just some major improvements over the FSX origins. Especially on the weather system, which is very awkward at times and limited on the detail.

We often fly like on rails in the sim, even at tricky locations.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top