Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 BULLITIN : UFO SIGHTED BY REAL COMMERCIAL AIRLINE (Read 44201 times)
JetRanger

JETRANGER

BULLITIN : UFO SIGHTED BY REAL COMMERCIAL AIRLINE
Aug 2nd, 2012 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
BULLITIN : UFO Sighted by real commercial Airlines Pilot over Kansas City Missouri - USA - 8/1/2012 , news article -----} http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/local_news/local-ufo-investigator-talked-to-man-abo...

YouTube  
IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Re: BULLITIN : UFO SIGHTED BY REAL COMMERCIAL AIRLINE
Reply #1 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
I'm a believer...

it's kinda selfish of us imo to think that we are alone in the Universe. I could go on and on...

thanks for sharing Smiley

Dave

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Yes we definitely are not alone in the universe, I don't believe that earth would be center of everything and only place with life as there are so huge amount of planets where life could have also developed. But I think if there was any life from outer space around this exact planet we would know it already, so honestly I don't really believe that any of these seen UFOs have been actual aliens.

IP Logged

Delta 737-200

Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Pvjinflight wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:01pm:
Yes we definitely are not alone in the universe, I don't believe that earth would be center of everything and only place with life as there are so huge amount of planets where life could have also developed. But I think if there was any life from outer space around this exact planet we would know it already, so honestly I don't really believe that any of these seen UFOs have been actual aliens.

Technically, we have no indication, nor any true scientific proof that life may exist outside of earth, or our solar system. The fact is, whatever force caused life to begin (which shall forever be a mystery) it is quite possible that those conditions caused life to sprout here, and that it has not occured elsewhere in the universe. The nearest star is 8 light years away (proxima centauri) and it has no planets, therefore nowhere for life to exist. The nearest star with planets is probably 50 light years away, and those planets may not have the right life-supporting conditions. Plus, if life was first generated here, it would takes millions of years for any vessel, be it comet or asteroid, to make it to the next habitable location, and all that time is in the lifeless, near absolute zero conditions of deep space. I believe it is entirely possible that no life exists outside of our solar system, and if there is, the chances of that life being as intelligent or more than humans is incredibly slim. Take the 8.7 million species projected to live on earth, only one out of 8.7 million is intelligent enough to do what we do. Now say there is another race outside of earth just like us, or more intelligent, why would they invest their resources and hundred of thousands (to millions) of year traveling across the expanse of lifeless space, only to reach earth, flash by in a few minutes, and leave? That is the question. That is why I think they don't exist. Lightspeed travel is impossible for living beings, therefore the time spent is to great for any intelligent beings to not stop here, and make contact, or at least linger to observe.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #4 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Peter, mind the paragraphs, please.
Quote:
The nearest star is 8 light years away (proxima centauri) and it has no planets

Wikipedia says 4.2, so they would save half of the fuel!  Cheesy

I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Here's some friendly fellow being told that humans live on Earth.

But more seriously. CloudSurfer, what was the year when that took place? And guys, don't forget to ask Lou about some impressions. He was up there at 40.000ft for longer and talked to other pilots. If he doesn't tell you, he's one of them!  Shocked

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
More on perspective is here. Not so much on topic, I admit.  Undecided But perhaps some of the distances and sizes come to life for you folks (or just blow your minds, that's what happened here). Great video in my eyes.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #6 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
CoolP is right!

As an amateur astronomer for more than 60 years  Shocked  I can tell you that your eyes can play many tricks on you that in your mind will be "real."

Countless times pilots call ATC calling out traffic, and it turns out to be Venus or Jupiter. Venus by the way is the third brightest object in the sky after the sun and the moon. Venus will cast shadows on a very dark night. As the planet rises, it changes color rapidly and flashes as the atmosphere bends or refracts the light. I wish I had a buck for each time a pilot would mistake one of the bright planets for a plane. When your eyes have little to focus on the muscles in the eye will make fast movements which can be interpreted as movement of the object.

I would love to encounter an "ET" and wonder how that would go. Maybe something like this...

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.

Peter, just for the record Proxima Centauri is 4.22 light years away, but the journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.  Huh

Lou  

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

dbhally
Beta Team

Reply #7 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
We have only explored a tiny fraction of what our solar system consists of. I think it's a bit premature to rule out life outside of our planet, here in our own system.

Please take no offence but how would anyone know what some (supposed) advance civilization is capable of? We've had some technology for...100 years or so? they could have been at it for millions!!!

We're all stuck in our little bubble, sending out tiny "feelers". IMO we know very little, even when it comes to our home.

"It's a basic function of our universe to become aware of itself."~ Neil deGrasse Tyson

Dave

IP Logged

Pvjinflight

Reply #8 - Aug 2nd, 2012 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
701151 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:33pm:

Technically, we have no indication, nor any true scientific proof that life may exist outside of earth, or our solar system. The fact is, whatever force caused life to begin (which shall forever be a mystery) it is quite possible that those conditions caused life to sprout here, and that it has not occured elsewhere in the universe. The nearest star is 8 light years away (proxima centauri) and it has no planets, therefore nowhere for life to exist. The nearest star with planets is probably 50 light years away, and those planets may not have the right life-supporting conditions. Plus, if life was first generated here, it would takes millions of years for any vessel, be it comet or asteroid, to make it to the next habitable location, and all that time is in the lifeless, near absolute zero conditions of deep space. I believe it is entirely possible that no life exists outside of our solar system, and if there is, the chances of that life being as intelligent or more than humans is incredibly slim. Take the 8.7 million species projected to live on earth, only one out of 8.7 million is intelligent enough to do what we do. Now say there is another race outside of earth just like us, or more intelligent, why would they invest their resources and hundred of thousands (to millions) of year traveling across the expanse of lifeless space, only to reach earth, flash by in a few minutes, and leave? That is the question. That is why I think they don't exist. Lightspeed travel is impossible for living beings, therefore the time spent is to great for any intelligent beings to not stop here, and make contact, or at least linger to observe.

I believe that there is no magical force that is needed to start life, but instead life can start anywhere where conditions for it are good enough. There are so huge amount of planets in the universe that surely somewhere there are many earth like planets with water and other things that have made life on earth possible. I can't see why life couldn't develop in those places too.

Amount of planets is simply so very huge that there must be probably millions of planets out there that could support life. Also maybe it doesn't even require exactly earth like conditions to happen, who knows. Also some forms of life surely could sustain travelling speed of flight.

And like said I don't believe that there are or have ever been aliens on this planet, but I highly believe that they do exist somewhere. Just any planet with water, right resources and right distance from nearest star/stars could have life.

IP Logged

Delta 737-200

Reply #9 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 1:13am
Print Post  
Pvjinflight wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 11:16pm:
701151 wrote on Aug 2nd, 2012 at 6:33pm:

I believe that there is no magical force that is needed to start life, but instead life can start anywhere where conditions for it are good enough. There are so huge amount of planets in the universe that surely somewhere there are many earth like planets with water and other things that have made life on earth possible. I can't see why life couldn't develop in those places too.

Amount of planets is simply so very huge that there must be probably millions of planets out there that could support life. Also maybe it doesn't even require exactly earth like conditions to happen, who knows. Also some forms of life surely could sustain travelling speed of flight.

And like said I don't believe that there are or have ever been aliens on this planet, but I highly believe that they do exist somewhere. Just any planet with water, right resources and right distance from nearest star/stars could have life.

The problem is that once at the speed of light, and object's mass becomes infinite, therefore, any life form would be instantly killed because its mass would be so great that it would exceed any organism's limits, and therefore, it would die. A Whale dies on land because its mass is too great to be supported by anything other than a liquid fluid.

But that is the great mystery of life, not the conditions, no, those are things that can happen anywhere, any time. Rather, it is how the structure of the first life form, a simple single-celled prokaryotic cell came to be with a coil of DNA with the right codings for life, ribosomes, a cell wall, cell membrane, plasmids, and cytoplasm, and how that structure began to function as a single living form that was capable of taking in nutrients, processing them, and reproducing itself by mitosis all at once. I'm by no means denying the existance or possibility of e.t life and it starting in unrelated places, but that once miraculous event in which the first life form started, what made it start, and how it survived is the mystery. We look at artistic devices that people make, magnetic coils that change shape through their own inertia and opposite polls, and how that thing can only assume the exact same shape once; how now to snow flakes are alike, how not a single non-living thing in the universe can form and create more than formations in a nearly identical fashion (let alone as something that is routine like reporduction) more than once (that one time being the original, or an example of that thing, i.e. a mountain). It is with this that I say that through the extreme, harsh, and unpredictable course of mother nature, that it is entirely possible that whatever caused life to begin one day, may only have happened once, and perhaps we are lucky, because that one original cell survived, for if it didn't, we may well all be just atoms floating in oblivion.

Thats my two cents. Not denying the possiblity of e.t life, just pointing out my opinion based on what I have learned, and what seems like 'common knowledge' everywhere else.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:27am
Print Post  
With the universe being filled with trillions of trillions of stars, of which many may have planets that we cannot see through telescopes (obviously). Some must have life on them. There must be other life out there. I can't accept that we are alone in such a massive universe.

It may not be in the forms that we are familiar with, although we have an amazingly vast assortment here on Earth, so who are we to say that they don't exist out there somewhere. If the universe is billions of years old (big bang theory time), other beings may be far more advanced than we are. Just look how much humankind has advanced in the last 100-200 years! It is truly amazing.

To say we are alone in this vast universe is to have a closed mind. We are probably not alone. And if they do exist, why, pray tell, would they want to make themselves known to us? Humans are very destructive to other humans (there is always a war going on somewhere), how much worse would we be to an alien life form? If the aliens turned out to be like the aliens in the movie Independence Day, then we would really have something to worry about! So IF they are really there, and IF they are watching/observing us, then they may be no threat to our existence. Truth is, they probably think we'll destroy ourselves anyway, so they will probably amuse themselves by watching us do it.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #11 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Guys, to be honest, I would literally die knowing that we are the zenith of evolution in that big universe. And we all know what caused alien lifeforms to officially keep away from Earth so far. The taxes are too darn high!  Grin

Quote:
The problem is that once at the speed of light, and object's mass becomes infinite, therefore, any life form would be instantly killed because its mass would be so great that it would exceed any organism's limits, and therefore, it would die. A Whale dies on land because its mass is too great to be supported by anything other than a liquid fluid.

Peter, could it be that you mix up the basic formula from Einstein? E = mc^2

What's becoming very big (not infinite) is the energy needed to reach light speed with a given mass. That's because the speed of light squared (c^2) is such a big number that even a small mass (m) will receive a huge gain, resulting in a large amount of energy. Well, even with that in mind, we already know stuff reaching the speed of light, right?
I think I know what you might have had in mind with the 'mass' you are defining as becoming infinite. However, you've mixed that up. The 'm' isn't altered and the photons hitting your face won't harm you, don't worry.

But perhaps one has to think outside the box on some occasions and we mortal beings of course don't discuss Einstein's ways in detail. Only few people on the planet do or even can.

But, apart from that (and besides the evidence from Lou), please explain how Mr. Spock got his hands on some US made (well, means Chinese Cheesy) flight computer.  Shocked http://www.flickr.com/photos/10901121@N06/1196208102/

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #12 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 3rd, 2012 at 3:27am:
If the aliens turned out to be like the aliens in the movie Independence Day, then we would really have something to worry about!

Right, Mark. The first thing to happen would be some EU guy knocking at the door of that spaceship and wanting to talk about the carbon dioxide emissions of that thing.  Cheesy

'Look, Sir, I don't care if you have six eyes and twelve arms, we do care about our planet (when it comes to taxes)! Besides, seems like your parking skills are a bit off!'

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #13 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
My faith belief is that there may be other physical life out there in this vast universe,but that in this life we will not be permitted to have contact with them.I believe there are spirit forms of life that we are aware of,both good and bad,but both physical and spiritual forms are created beings,just my 2 cents Wink Wink
Ron

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #14 - Aug 3rd, 2012 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
I see some of you adding a bit of religious principles to the discussion. Nothing wrong with that, just noticing.

On something completely different, I really love the idea of this piece of art.

Find the details here, but I'm sure you saw that one before. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voyager_Golden_Record A very nice, a very positive approach of thinking and story is attached to it and, if you like, try to decipher the prints on that disk without looking it up of course.

There also was a funny/controversy story in regard to the times when they sent it, perhaps you find it. As a tip, the Pioneer drawing contains it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_plaque

Remember, it was meant to transport the vital things about humanity to another intelligent (assuming humans being intelligent too  Cheesy) life form. Now how cool is that? And it's still out there!  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top