Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Decent Profil in FMC ? (Read 3148 times)
__Alex__

Decent Profil in FMC ?
Jul 15th, 2012 at 12:15am
Print Post  
Hey guys , not sure about it but when i load a fsx flightplan into fms there is no decent profil available in legs page. Step climb looks good but after that the crz altitude is given until the destination. Example :
LEBL / 0.80 / FL350 whats wrong ? I got only a decent profile when i give a STAR befor approach.

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Re: Decent Profil in FMC ?
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2012 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
The FMC only produces a descent profile if you choose a SID or STAR--you don't have a T/D calculation on the PROG page, either, right?

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

keeska

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:54am
Print Post  
I have seen the same behavior as the original poster even with a STAR loaded.  In fact last weekend on a flight South to North across Australia.  Lateral navigation wise she flew the STAR just fine.  There was no T/D and no descent profile however.  FMC showed FL360 all the way to the IAF for the ILS.

Also the  arrival time at each waypoint on the flight plan was shown as the current time and the fuel remaining did not decrease on the FMC.  I took off with 26000KG fuel and for each waypoint including the destination airport the FMC showed 21.1 (i.e., 21100KG) remaining.  The fuel readout on the overhead panel was fine.

Good thing I can do the calculations manually.

I did use a derated T/O.  Does that mess up the FMC?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 9:18am
Print Post  
The lack of a T/D and a descent profile like you describe is a bug. It happens with some STAR/TRANS, but not all. When this happens, I either select a new STAR (sometimes fixes it) or I have to try a little trick of copying a waypoint, into the scratchpad, from within the STAR or TRANS and then pasting it over the previous waypoint. Then ERASE (DO NOT PRESS EXEC) the change, this will sometimes get a T/D and a descent profile. Sometimes I need to do this a few times (using different waypoints but still from within the STAR/TRANS) to get the T/D and descent profile. Other times, it just does not work at all.

If I cannot get it to work at all, I usually quit the flight or choose a new destination. AND. The ones that I can't get working are always the same ones. This means if I can't get the T/D to stick, I never will get it to stick for that particular ILS, STAR and TRANS. Sad

I'm planning on doing a tutorial that covers the 757, 767 and 777, on how I do it.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

keeska

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2012 at 6:29am
Print Post  
Thank you Markoz for the information and useful tips.  I will try your tips  next time I encounter the problem.

IP Logged

CimberEKSB

Reply #5 - Aug 10th, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Got the same problem, but got it fixed using your advise! Thanks!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top