Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 10 Livery Request: Blue SWA (Read 8851 times)
braced

Livery Request: Blue SWA
Jul 14th, 2012 at 6:36pm
Print Post  
Can someone please do a blue Southwest Airlines livery......Please!
I have the "baby poop" colored one, but they look so good in blue! They ran them for several years. I believe they're all retired now. I know some of you hate this airline. I've read the posts here in the past. Please keep those to a minimum! Those of us that live in the SW of the U.S. rode on these for many years.

Sure would love to see this bird in blue! Thanks!  Cool

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Southwest-Airlines/Boeing-737-2H4-Adv/2017883/&si...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Southwest-Airlines)/Boeing-737-2H4-Adv/...

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Southwest-Airlines/Boeing-737-2H4-Adv/0702715/L/&...

Long lived Fred!

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

jackjda

Re: Livery Request: Blue SWA
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Check out black rose repaints. He did one up for me that is great. He sells his paints for like $9.00 I think, just look up black rose FSX on google.

Jack

IP Logged

Barb.

Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 5:56am
Print Post  
Ten quid a pop is way overpriced for the quality. 120 for a dozen 757s is an outrage, even for McPhat, and he's no McPhat. Just one of his repaints will cost you more than the -100 expansion pack. Absolutely ridiculous.

Edit : Just checked out the particular NWA livery. I wouldn't even share it for free with all the misalignment issues, and he's got enough nerve to charge you for it ?!

Cheers

Nico

IP Logged

jackjda

Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Not a lot of painting going on around here so it was well worth it to me.

Jack

IP Logged

braced

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 1:14am
Print Post  
jackjda wrote on Jul 26th, 2012 at 3:25pm:
Not a lot of painting going on around here so it was well worth it to me.

Jack

I agree, and I don't have a clue how to do it myself. I gave him a shot.

I sent him a pay pal but I guess his link is not automatic? I'll have to wait to get it I guess. It's like 1am in England. I'll report back with an update when I get it installed.

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:38am
Print Post  
ive got enought projects as is but southwest is an airline close to my heart and ill give it a shot. the line on the fuselage will be a challenge for me im sure.

IP Logged

braced

Reply #6 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:38am:
ive got enought projects as is but southwest is an airline close to my heart and ill give it a shot. the line on the fuselage will be a challenge for me im sure.

OK great, good luck with it! I just bought one from the above mentioned website. I'm still waiting for the link to download it. In the picture I noticed he painted the engines. It should have metal texture on the engines. If it's just a mater of dropping in a texture from another plane that has the metal texture, it will be an easy correction. Anyone know what texture file that might be before I spend the next hour dropping in replacement textures until I find the right one?

Thanks for giving it a shot. I think there is quite a bit of interest in this livery.

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
they are sheets 10 and 17 for the adv.

IP Logged

braced

Reply #8 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:07pm:

Thanks! I still have not recieved a link to even download it yet. I'll just replace the engine texture with one from another plane when I finally get the thing.

What paint program would I need to purchase to attempt to actually paint one myself?

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

bud7h7

Reply #9 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 9:53pm
Print Post  
braced wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:42pm:
Eric.M wrote on Jul 27th, 2012 at 7:07pm:

Thanks! I still have not recieved a link to even download it yet. I'll just replace the engine texture with one from another plane when I finally get the thing.

What paint program would I need to purchase to attempt to actually paint one myself?

I would not purchase any paint program. I use GIMP which is free and does more than I'll ever need. I select the .dds file with DXTBmp which sends it to the pain app of your choice, which in my case is GIMP.

I also tried Paint.net but amazingly it does not have a point to point select feature. Are you kidding me?!

BTW, a user friendly paint kit = more product sales, that's a fact. When simmers see tons of repaints for an aircraft it makes it a more desireable addon.
I haven't bothered to do any repaints due to the posts about the difficulty in simply lining up aircraft sections. I won't make judgements before trying it but if the stories are true it's a real tragedy.

Bud Estrada i5 2500k @ 4.4 - p67 extreme4 - GTX580 - 16gb RAM - Windows 7/64 - FSX SP2

IP Logged

Barb.

Reply #10 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 12:38am
Print Post  
BTW, a user friendly paint kit = more product sales, that's a fact. When simmers see tons of repaints for an aircraft it makes it a more desireable addon.
I haven't bothered to do any repaints due to the posts about the difficulty in simply lining up aircraft sections. I won't make judgements before trying it but if the stories are true it's a real tragedy.

So true, but while CS's 707s is a pleasure to work with, the 737 is a nightmare. Aligning fuselage sections is very hard, the tail cone/APU is mapped as a completely separate block with chaotic mapping... Even the tail, which should be the part easiest to work on, is too much of a hassle due to the rudder being separated from the stabiliser and at an angle. How they could think that would be a good idea when 90% of liveries display complex logos there is a mystery to me...

If you were wondering why we're not seeing more 737 repaints, here's you answer...

Cheers

Nico

IP Logged

flightsimcreator

Reply #11 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:11am
Print Post  
I made a master fuselage for the Captain Sim 737 repaint kit if you like I could upload it. It makes it a little more easier to repaint, but the tail and the belly of the plane is still a disaster that needs to be fixed up.

Doing this for about every Captain Sim Repaint Kit I have. I also did a southwest 737-200 in the Tan colors.

IP Logged

Eric.M

Reply #12 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 9:04am
Print Post  
flightsimcreator wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:11am:
I made a master fuselage for the Captain Sim 737 repaint kit if you like I could upload it. It makes it a little more easier to repaint, but the tail and the belly of the plane is still a disaster that needs to be fixed up

Doing this for about every Captain Sim Repaint Kit I have. I also did a southwest 737-200 in the Tan colors.

I have photoshop Elements, how would i go about putting these three sections together as one? and if you use elements 10 or know anyone that does what is the easiest way to do a curved line? ive tried drawing a line and doing everything i can think of but nothing comes out the way i want it.

IP Logged

braced

Reply #13 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Thanks to all who responded. I obtained a SWA Canyon Blue livery from the website mentioned above. You'll have to Google it from post #2. I think CS frowns upon posting links to other sites here. It is a very nice paint job!

It came with painted nacelles which the real plane didn't have but his explanation was his customer who requested the paint scheme wanted panted engines. Easy fix thanks to more advice from this thread. I replaced texture #10 & 17 with the same texture's from the Metro-jet/US Air.

Thanks to all who helped. I got a great little Blue SWA plane to hop around the U.S. in!

707, 727, 737, 757, 777

IP Logged

flightsimcreator

Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 5:49pm
Print Post  
Eric.M wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 9:04am:
flightsimcreator wrote on Jul 28th, 2012 at 1:11am:
I made a master fuselage for the Captain Sim 737 repaint kit if you like I could upload it. It makes it a little more easier to repaint, but the tail and the belly of the plane is still a disaster that needs to be fixed up

I have photoshop Elements, how would i go about putting these three sections together as one? and if you use elements 10 or know anyone that does what is the easiest way to do a curved line? ive tried drawing a line and doing everything i can think of but nothing comes out the way i want it.

Well what i did was open a new blank page with the dimensions of 6144x2048. From here I individually opened up each default CS 737 repaint that had the front, middle, and back fuselage separated. I copied every layer in those 3 photoshop files and carefully alligned them. It's kind of hard to explain, but if you like I could upload the Master Fuselage 737 file I created for you to take a look at.

IP Logged

bud7h7

Reply #15 - Jul 28th, 2012 at 9:37pm
Print Post  
That's a good looking repaint.

Bud Estrada i5 2500k @ 4.4 - p67 extreme4 - GTX580 - 16gb RAM - Windows 7/64 - FSX SP2

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top