Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
I have a question about a 767 mod (Read 1937 times)
dbhally
Beta Team

I have a question about a 767 mod
Mar 14th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
there are multiple models in the CS767-300 folder I'm sure most are aware...I didn't know this but the pw3 model is an original 300 rather than an ER according to the IDENT page on the FMC. I copied the CS767-300 folder, named it CS767-300ER and went back to the first one and changed the values in the aircraft.cfg to reflect the values of the original 767-300...took a little doing, the Boeing site has all the info.

After a couple of tests...yeah it's not happening...the FMC and AP do not seem to be working right. the aircraft will not reach cruising alt with VNAV. There must be something else that would need to be changed elsewhere but I wouldn't have the slightest idea of where to begin.

any ideas?
Thank you

Dave

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Re: I have a question about a 767 mod
Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 7:31am
Print Post  
dbhally,

Unless I am mistaken, the performance data and settings in the FMC is actually dictated by the systems themselves (inside the code, non-editable). If this is the case, changing the settings in the aircraft.cfg is only going to make part of the aircraft different, causing the issues you mentioned.

I am not sure if the type of 767 can be changed that easily.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Re: I have a question about a 767 mod
Reply #2 - Jun 23rd, 2012 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
I doubt it has to do with payload changes and fuel capacity, weight & balance, etc. Does the VNAV still create a VNAV speed?

I was also unaware of the different models, I thought the different folders were just back-ups... And CS does have the different models used on different airliners, I guess they researched which airlines have the none ER and ER models?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top