Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Take-off using 727 (Read 3294 times)
kc

Take-off using 727
Nov 28th, 2011 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
I HAVE A VERY WEIRD REQUEST I CANNOT TAKEOFF USING THE 727.

I HAVE TRIED USING NO FLAPS TO FULL FLAPS AND PLANE WILL NOT LIFT OFF THE GROUND

ALSO I HAVE TRIED LIFTING OFF AT 150, 175, AND 200 KNOTS, BUT STILL NO LUCK...

ANY IDEAS...

IP Logged

David Paul

Re: Take-off using 727
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
You need to set elevator trim for take-off.   Try setting it to between 3 and 4, use flaps 15, you should be able to rotate at just past 120 kias, give or take.

I5-6600K @4.2 GHZ | GTX-1070 | 32GB RAM | Windows 7/10 Dual Boot on SSD and M.2
FSX-Acceleration | P3D 4.5 | MSFS 2020

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #2 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
stab trim should be in green zone for takeoff. if stab trim set to 0 its impossible to lift nose of ground. plane wont fly. maybe thats the case??

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #3 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
KC your going to need about 3 or 4 miles of runway to get off without flaps and a speed of about 250 knots plus. These aeroplanes were not designed to take off and land with no flaps and if you had a situation where for example you had no flaps you would not fly period. If you had a hydraulic or flap malfunction in flight you can land with no flaps but you approach speed is going to be well above 200 at about 220 -250 knots.

Boeings and most jets have Krueger and Fowler flaps. The Kruegers are at the front and fowlers at the back. Without em your not going anywhere.
The flaps are merely a nice fix to give you a different wing section and hence produce more lift thus letting you fly at lower speeds with different angles of approach and take off.

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #4 - Dec 6th, 2011 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
KC set your trim to between 2.5 to 5 degrees nose up or middle of the green range for TKOF.

Oh and just a thought you did'nt have the autopilot on with the elevator control only selected on by any chance when this happened? just a thought as that would do it also or lock your elevator.

Other than that it should fly! (with flaps).

AS a good habit and it is done in all real aeroplanes, is that you should before flight do a control check, left right back forward and together to make sure controls are free and moving correctly, you can see the control yoke responding accordingly and some models control instruments indicating their position and you could confirm with an outside view as well.

Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top