Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
GPS and ATC stop working? (Read 2633 times)
Brigs

GPS and ATC stop working?
Dec 8th, 2011 at 7:00am
Print Post  
Hello, this is my first post and I just got the CS 727, which is unbelievably awsome Smiley

So, I have no problems getting all the systems up and working just fine, and I was all ready for take-off clearance and I noticed that my GPS had turned off and ATC would not let me choose to ask for take-off clearance...

I am not sure if this is something I did in the 727 or FSX itself?

I cannot find any way to turn the GPS back on at all, but all my electrical systems and avionics work just fine.  It was on for a good 10 minutes before I noticed it had automatically shut off?

ATC was working and I saw ATC talking to other aircraft and it was showing up on the text log box, but when I was trying to ask for clearance it wouldnt work, and I no longer saw ATC communicating with other aircraft.  I checked my frequencies which were all fine, I'm just really confused    Cry

Not sure how to remedy these two problems?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Q9550 @ 3.4Ghz&&2 x 2Gb 1066Mhz&&Win 7 HP 64&&XFX HD5870 Cat. 11.11&&FSX SP2, REX OD, GEX, MT 2010&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: GPS and ATC stop working?
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 8:41am
Print Post  
There is a simple fix for this.

Open the aircraft.cfg, which can be found in the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B727-100 folder, with notepad and add electric_always_available=1 in the [electrical] section.

Like this:
[electrical]
electric_always_available=1
max_battery_voltage = 24.0
generator_alternator_voltage = 30.0
max_generator_alternator_amps = 400.0

This should prevent the avionics from switching off. My thoughts are that you are missing something in the procedures that is causing it to happen. I used to have to have that line in mine for the same reason. I don't need to now and I always have power in my avionics.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Brigs

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Hi Markoz!

Thank you for your reply, it is much appreciated Smiley

I will add that line and let you know how it goes.  I have watched a tutorial online and also have read through the APU and STARTUP procedures in the printable manuals that come with the aircraft.  Alot of it seems pretty straight forward, but I do get lost as well, I guess that I might be thinking I do the startup procedures correctly but I guess I am not....LOL!

Do you know a way or a place you can refer me to that helps teach these correct procedures to me for operation? Maybe how you learned them correctly?

I do best learning visually, and it gets kind of tough when you are trying to piece info together from a sheet of paper  Tongue

Thanks again for your help  Cool

Q9550 @ 3.4Ghz&&2 x 2Gb 1066Mhz&&Win 7 HP 64&&XFX HD5870 Cat. 11.11&&FSX SP2, REX OD, GEX, MT 2010&&

IP Logged

rservice
Beta Team

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Hi Brigs,There are a number of video tutorials on youtube regarding the CS727,including start up.You should probably view these in conjunction with the manuals.
Hope this helps Smiley Smiley
Ron

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Dec 9th, 2011 at 2:59am
Print Post  
Brigs wrote on Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:11pm:
I will add that line and let you know how it goes.  I have watched a tutorial online and also have read through the APU and STARTUP procedures in the printable manuals that come with the aircraft.  Alot of it seems pretty straight forward, but I do get lost as well, I guess that I might be thinking I do the startup procedures correctly but I guess I am not....LOL!
The difficulty, for me, is the names of the switches and knobs. They don't always match what the "Cockpit Tooltips" show them as. Nor do they tell you where to find them! This can lead me (and you) to searching all over the place for them. Sometimes they are not simulated so leaving them out doesn't matter. I did start to create my own Checklist for the 727, which included ONLY the ones that were simulated AND where to find them., but I never finished it. If I search my HDD's I might find my unfinished work. I did want to do that for all the Captain Sim aircraft I own. I guess once I learned how to get the 727 started without having all the avionics drop out, I couldn't be bothered finishing it. Sad

Brigs wrote on Dec 8th, 2011 at 2:11pm:
Do you know a way or a place you can refer me to that helps teach these correct procedures to me for operation? Maybe how you learned them correctly?

I do best learning visually, and it gets kind of tough when you are trying to piece info together from a sheet of paper  Tongue
I only know of the ones that are provided in this forum. Sorry.

But Ron seems to know of YouTube videos. The only one I did, is for the B-52 because so many were having trouble getting it started.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Brigs

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2011 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
I added the electric_always_available=1  and the avionics stay on just fine now, thanks Mark!

Now I just have to figure out the proper procedures to get it to stay on for real  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top