Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
727 Fire Question (Read 1163 times)
tjh876

727 Fire Question
Nov 28th, 2011 at 4:35am
Print Post  
Hello,
Recently I've been doing some testing with the 727, and my skills, and lately I've been messing with engine fires. When I go to pull the handle, I'd assume the supressent be'd released, and the fire goes out. This doesn't seem to happen though, while the engine would shut off and I would cut fuel and what not. Does the 727 have fire suppression, or is this a bug?

-Tom

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: 727 Fire Question
Reply #1 - Nov 28th, 2011 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
there is a bottle discharge button under fire handle. you gotta press it. if you pull the handle, fuel flow will be cut off, and engine will shutdown, but you need to press the button after engine stutdown.

IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Re: 727 Fire Question
Reply #2 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:23pm
Print Post  
The reason for the dual actions being - you may need to shut the engine down but have no fire thus the handle is a fuel cut-off mechanism you have to remember turbines are engines that will run or burn and turn as long as they have fuel and only have igniters or spark plugs for start and heavy weather - so shutting off the fuel is the fastest and quickest way to stop them.

Then you fire the fire suppressant or extinquisher bottles if you have a fire to put it out. If you have the latter situation you will find that it is a one shot deal, if not out you have a real problem.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top