Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 707 Capt not working! (Read 14598 times)
LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Re: 707 Capt not working!
Reply #15 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Oh No!

Major David "Tipper" Gore...

#1. Old 707 with the brain of a 16 year old
- Nothing good will come of this!  Grin

#2. Soda can on foot rest. Story to follow below...  Tongue

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

First, thank you for your service to our country !

I'm just kidding about the young brain in the old bird. I wish we had these fancy buttons in the old gal.
The soda can on the foot rest brings back a story. Almost all the pilots would place their drink on the foot rest - ONCE!

One day, after a long taxi out of JFK going east, we were in need of some caffeine. The Captain and F/O got some
nice hot coffee from the F/A and - you guessed it - the traffic started moving and very soon we got clearance for takeoff.
I was the F/E, and we all busy with the checklist and cabin alert and turning on to the runway and set takeoff thrust, V1, Vr .....

As the plane's nose passed through 10 degrees on the way to 17 degrees the two hot coffees departed the foot rest for the feet of my two pilots!

I learned a few new words that day, but I also resolved when I got to sit in the pilot seat, I would use the cup holder in the side cubby.  Wink

Glad you got the problems resolved. See ya in the pattern!

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #16 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
I learned a few new words that day, but I also resolved when I got to sit in the pilot seat, I would use the cup holder in the side cubby.

Meanwhile in the cabin ..
'Darling, what was that?'
'Most likely a problem with the Yaw Damper, don't worry, the pilots can surely handle that.'

So, after Lou's story, we now know why they printed 'no liquids, please' on that thing.  Grin

IP Logged

JetRanger

JETRANGER

Reply #17 - Nov 6th, 2011 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
Hey - Captain David of the Big Ol' Boeing 707,, WOW holy Flight~sticks you really are a 707 pilot, thats utterly Cool ,,, unbelievable !!!  Well I know this much - all the above answers are Correcto' Mundo' You definetly do have to have both service packs installed to make this work,, also, I don't know about everybody else , but in my FSX Menu settings screen,, I have my DIRECT X-10 turned ON, with the check mark placed in the little box .  Now, sometimes, when you download an aircraft for your simulator, and say it may be for the older version of flight simulator like flight simulator 2004 century of flight or as some like to call it FS9,, for whatever reasons,,  those Aircraft will only show up usually with the DIRECT X 10 turned off,,, such as the British Vickers Super VC-10's Jetliners, from David's Addictive Simulations web site   -  I just last week downloaded the entire Jetliner Fleet of Vickers VC-10's from his site and installed them into my FSX Gold Acceleration edition,,,, after doing so, I was freaking out, almost, because all I had was the model itself showing up in the preview area in the menu screen,,, with NO aircraft Paint Textures at all,,,,  at that time I rememberd I had my Direct X 10 turned on,,, so, I went and took the check mark out of the box in the FSX Menu screen and restarted FSX, and they all showed up fine  - - but Remember that David,, make a note of that,, so you don't waste all kinds of time chasing paper airplanes for nothing, only to find out, all you had to do was take a check mark out of some darned ol' box and restart FSX again,,, I learn everything the hard way it seems !!!  Anyway,,, you get your sim up and running - Captain Dave,,, and I'll throw a Big ol' Surprise yourway !!!  Stay tuned !   from Captain JetRanger !!

klm_desert_rose-2_001.jpg (Attachment deleted)

YouTube  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top