Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Wepons (Read 3374 times)
Greg007

Wepons
Jun 24th, 2011 at 3:59am
Print Post  
Is Wepons a good buy or should I wait?

Thank You, Greg&&727-100/100F/200F&&767-300/300F&&B-52 BUFF&&C-130 All In One&&707-300&&Weapons for FSX&&Future Owner Of 777 Captian/737 Captian&&

IP Logged

ptds

Re: Wepons
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Greg,

I think it is one of the best addon's so far for FSX. So much fun!

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Greg007

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Ok I look foward to getting it!!!! Thanks Pete Smiley

Thank You, Greg&&727-100/100F/200F&&767-300/300F&&B-52 BUFF&&C-130 All In One&&707-300&&Weapons for FSX&&Future Owner Of 777 Captian/737 Captian&&

IP Logged

Greg007

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2011 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Pete,
     Have you had any trouble with wepons?
     Also what operating system do you have?

Thanks,

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #4 - Jul 20th, 2011 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
Greg,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been away on holiday and still playing catch up, I only just noticed your post.

I have to  say I have had no problems at all with the software, sound works fine and everything appears as it should. I just loaded it straight from the download as it was.

I am running Vista 32 bit and have the UAC settings turned off at all times. I have a friend who also has it and he had no problems either (XP system).
Overall I am very pleased with the product. Yes, you may have to do some editing of the .XML files to get the weapons to originate from the correct positions on your aircraft if you want to, but the SDK explains all the entry points so it's quite straight forward.

I think it adds a whole new dimension to the FSX package.

I am sure you will enjoy it.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

moulton

Reply #5 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 3:16am
Print Post  
Well, I have a dissenting opinion thus far  Sad . I purchased Weapons for FSX in May and have had nothing but problems with the programe since I bought it. There seems to be a problem with the validation of the product, whenever I open an aircraft I either have no HUD or no ammunition. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times following the instructions of the knowledge base and have yet to have any luck. Sure, sometimes I can get one or two aircraft to work but if I open up FSX another time I have the same problem. The "customer support" has been less than desirable    Roll Eyes . I submitted a support ticket asking for help, but soon afterword It was canceled by the support staff because supposedly it has already been answered.....well, what am I to do if my situation is different and the solution they have given does not work?

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #6 - Jul 23rd, 2011 at 9:53am
Print Post  
As  I said I have not seen any of the problems exibited by other users with sound issues or any other problems. What you have to consider is that FSX is the basic product and everybody's set up is quite different from any other persons, by the aircraft they have installed, scenery, FSUIPC, etc. I know they should all run in harmony but I know they do not always work that way.

I have spent many hours tweaking a friends system to run the most basic of addon aircraft packages, that run perfectly on my system. This system has every available UK scenery package from Horizon, global terrain, and all UK airports as well as Weapons and a whole lot more.
There are many possible resources all running at once and any one may conflict with any other. No amount of Beta testing can cover every combination of PC or set up that is out there.

On my PC I run FSX acceleration and a few addon aircraft, one package of Horizon airports as well as the scenery and models that I build, perhaps thats why I have no problems with only a minimal system? It may be interesting to find out how many people having problems are running just FSX or if they have the Acceleration package installed for example, or perhaps what other packages they do have loaded.

However, I still think it is worth buying.

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top