Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Did A2A 3D-Redux crash my CS Weapon for FSX ..? (Read 6388 times)
ateh1

Did A2A 3D-Redux crash my CS Weapon for FSX ..?
Jun 15th, 2011 at 4:19am
Print Post  
Hello..

I ve purchased CS Weapon for FSX quite some time ago, so I probably still have the very first version..  I even don't know if there's any update either.. Nevertheless, I installed it then, and it was working quite ok..  there was just a sound issue when using the gun.. (any solution for that, btw?) ..  after doing a short funny video with the addon, I didn't touch it for several months, now recently I wanted to use it again, and no weapon is loaded..

the display is showing 0000 in guns, rockets and missiles right from the start..   Huh

I have a suspect here, and that's another addon, I ve been installing after CS Weapon for FSX...: it's the A2A 3D Redux lights..

now, I could try to reinstall Weapon for FSX, but I m not sure, will it crash all my settings for A2A 3D Redux....??   Undecided  
maybe, someone else had this problem, too..?

thanks in advance ..

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Did A2A 3D-Redux crash my CS Weapon for FSX ..?
Reply #1 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 4:42am
Print Post  
I would be surprised if installing 3D Lights Redux did cause a problem with Weapon for FSX. Doing a reinstall/repair of Weapon should fix it up (except the sound problem) and should not cause problems with 3D Lights Redux.

The is a fix for the sound problem with weapon, you get it by submitting a ticket to Captain Sim Support system:
Check-in to Your Profile > Select product > Customer Support > Search KB or Submit New Ticket

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

ateh1

Reply #2 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 8:51am
Print Post  
Thanks for your quick respond, Mark, a reinstall didn't help here unfortunately...   Embarrassed

I noticed that after reinstall, all my previously armed aircraft were still/again in "armed mode", without selecting them a second time..  I guess I need to completely uninstall and delete all the panel.csweapon folders and csweapon.xml files..? is there any other things I'd need to uninstall/delete manually..?

Thinking of registry files... Undecided

And I have another info that might be important..

I am an FS video producer and  I got a free download-link for CSWeapon personally sent by Tanya Kucher for review and promo video purposes. At the same time I purchased CSWeapon, because unfortunately  Tanya's mail was in my junkmail folder, and I noticed that too late..
Now I was having 2 .exe-files, one from Tanya Kucher for promotional purposes, and one regularily purchased CSWeapon for FSX addon. I installed Tanya's version, activated with the order number Tanya gave me, but this order number is now unvalid, and I can only use the order number of the purchased CSWeapon product...

could that probably cause the problem..?  I m lost ... Cry

oh.. and a new download-link from the extended download service didn't help... unfortunately...

I guess I should contact CaptainSim via ticket, right..?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jun 15th, 2011 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
I'm not quite sure if the one from Tanya was a time limited or install once only type of key.
If you bought it, you would probably be better of to use that order number to activate it.

My recommendation is to uninstall the Weapon for FSX (it shouldn't have any effect whether you do or don't remove the CSWeapon.xml or panel.csweapon), remove the entry for weapon in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CaptainSim\w001 for windows 32 bit or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\CaptainSim\w001 for windows 64bit
then reinstall Weapon for FSX activating it online with the Order Number for the one you bought. That should get it working.
If you had the missing sounds problem, this could still be the case after all of this. As I said in my first reply, the Support Ticket system is the way to get the fix for it.

Mark

delete_csweapon.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

moulton

Reply #4 - Jun 16th, 2011 at 7:28am
Print Post  
I did as you stated above, uninstalling, removing from registry, installing and activating online and I still have the same results.... showing 0000 in the ammunition  Huh

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2011 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
Moulton/Mark,

For info I have redux lights installed (did this the week before Weapons) and they both run fine together.

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Misha

Reply #6 - Sep 7th, 2011 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
Same here. I also have Redux Lights which run along CSW without any visible problem. By the way I also have stuck sound/0 rounds problem and didn't get ver 1.01 yet. For me however it is usually sufficient to remove than add again weapons to particular plane. When it doesn't work  I run installer and choosing repair which so far never failed me. No need for deleteing all folders or clean reinstall. I also noticed problem often occur in regard to save flights or when you install/remove weapons to plane which is actively loaded to FSX.

Cheers!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Sep 8th, 2011 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Thanks guys. As it turns out, I had both working together for a while too. I have since uninstalled the A2A 3D Lights Redux and I am using the lights from REX 2. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top