Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
OH, You've Got to Try this! (Read 1664 times)
wingclip

OH, You've Got to Try this!
Sep 6th, 2011 at 4:16am
Print Post  
Hey folks,
I just came from firing the Vulcan in New Zealand. And I stumbled onto a really cool effect. I took off from the airstrip NZMF and headed west following the canal that will take you to open water. Now I was using an Osprey but a Helicopter will work just as good. (So will jets and planes but you'll be flying too fast to see the strikes).

What you need to do is pick a point on the water someplace near the shoreline. You'll see the mountains rise sharply almost from the water's edge. Then fire the Vulcan M61 at the water and then pull back on the stick and let the rounds strike from the water onto the side of the mountains and cliffs.

The fact seems to be that as long as you start your first few rounds to strike the ground or water that is at sea level, then all the other rounds will report a strike on up the side of the cliffs and mountains!

It's a cool effect and I haven't tried the rockets yet but I think they should work as well! If you've read the post I wrote about not seeing strikes on the ground, ("Am I the only One"), you'll see that MarkOZ and I pretty much figured that anything that is above sea level will not report a strike most of the time. So this discovery may be the cure if you like watching the explosions and bullet strikes on the ground sometimes.

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

wingclip

Re: OH, You've Got to Try this!
Reply #1 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 5:11am
Print Post  
Whoops, I may have spoken too soon. I've got to try a few tests but it may be that the strike effects I had were good only for that area or particular set of circumstances. Still, you ought to try it because it does look cool.

Weapon for FSX / 737 Captain (737-200) / 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) / B-52 Driver / C-130 X-perience (FSX) / C-130 Extra Pack I

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top