Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 VATSIM and Transponder Operation (Read 6688 times)
Gecko6

VATSIM and Transponder Operation
Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:54pm
Print Post  
I am having a hell of a time getting airborne due to my transponder not working with in VATSIM.

Mark posted this screen.

I have mirrored this and it should work. But nothing is transmitted to ATC and I am grounded till then. It is almost as if the panel is not getting power.

Null documentation in the any of the three manual on the IFF.

Is anyone out there either on VATSIM or IVAO using the Buff?

Really could use some wisdom right now. : )

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: VATSIM and Transponder Operation
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Try rotating the top right knob (has MASTER written above it) as that could be how you turn it on. I don't fly VATSIM or IVAO (I signed up but never did any flights). As you say, there is no documentation, so I'm taking a guess that it could be that. I recommend that you submit a Support Ticket so that the team can tell you what else you need to do. If it needs fixing, they will fix it. If the manual needs to be updated, they will do that. Or both!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Gecko6

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark.

Ticket submitted and I will post the response here for everyone else.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
Thank you. Smiley

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Gecko6

Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2011 at 1:18am
Print Post  
Well I got the old blow off and my ticket was cancelled with out reason.

The time it takes to type in a few words to expain goes along way. Who ever monitors the help desk tickets needs to go back to customer service 101. : (

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Your ticket was cancelled as already answered. Please read this and this KB entries.

IP Logged

Gecko6

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
This is not support. This is a deferment or dismissal of my request.

I asked for documentation on the IFF panel because there is none. I explained that the panel seems to be unpowered and there is nothing labeled as "on" or "off"

The lights do not even work.

Here is what a good reply would have been.

Mr, Lisle

Our team has reviewed your request and determined that this issue has been recorded. Unfortunately we have frozen the current release for patch 1.1 and this will not make it into to the next release.

Please check with your connection software and see if there is a work around for this issue. We apologize for this and thank you for supporting CaptSIm.

instead I get this.

Quote:
: Unfortunately most of the tickets get rejected and removed due to the following common reasons:

1. The same (or very similar) question has been previously answered

2. The service you have requested is automated self-service available in Your Profile.

3. Errare est humanum (User error).

4. Reported issue is not a 'bug'.

5. You have provided very general, unproved or inaccurate info.

An exact quote from a Flight or Technical Manual is the only approved source of information. We consider proved bug reports only.

6. Non-product related ticket.

If you have reported 100% bug, your ticket can be rejected due to the following common reasons:

1. Bulk report.

2. Incomplete report.

3. Your computer do not conform to the minimum system requirements.

All tickets removed permanently, so if your problem is not solved after reading this please open a New Ticket we will be happy to process it.

KB Ref.

Q: I got some issues with your product in multiplayer/online community/server.

A: Unfortunately we cannot not support any issues related to multiplay, online communities, online server etc. because remote server connection problems may be caused by various non-product related reasons.

So based on this feedback how does any of these answer my question?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately for you. This part:

Q: I got some issues with your product in multiplayer/online community/server.

A: Unfortunately we cannot not support any issues related to multiplay, online communities, online server etc. because remote server connection problems may be caused by various non-product related reasons.

I tried it with all of the switches in all different positions to see if I could get it to work, but nothing I did got it working. It is like the transponder is not on. When I did an IFR flight, the transponder code was changed according to the ATC, but the transponder was still showing the VFR code, 1200.

Mark

Edited:
Here's a suggestion for you. Why not submit a new ticket saying that the Transponder is not working! Leave out that you can't use it with VATSIM. You won't be lying because the truth is that it doesn't work. I tried doing an IFR flight and after I had "read back" the IFR instructions to the ATC, ATC replied that the "read back" was correct. The TRANSPONDER code on my B-52 remained 1200. It did not change to the code that was read back. All other Captain Sim aircraft have a working Transponder that will/can be changed and work. But not the B-52.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Thank you Mark. And also this one:

Quote:
What is a 'bug'?
If something is described in manuals or at web site as functional, but it does not work or works not as described - it is a 'bug'.
If something is not listed in manuals or at web site as functional, therefore it does not work or does not exist in the model - it is not a 'bug'. It is just a reasonable simplification.

Please do not forget this is a Blue Line product.

IP Logged

Gecko6

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 6:43pm
Print Post  
Ok that I understand.

I was not aware of the Blue line status of the Buff.

Thank you Mark for your help.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 5:28am
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 at 5:17pm:
Thank you Mark. And also this one:

Quote:
What is a 'bug'?
If something is described in manuals or at web site as functional, but it does not work or works not as described - it is a 'bug'.
If something is not listed in manuals or at web site as functional, therefore it does not work or does not exist in the model - it is not a 'bug'. It is just a reasonable simplification.

Please do not forget this is a Blue Line product.

Thanks Tanya.

I forgot it was a Blue Line Product. The quality, as usual, is so impressive that I keep thinking it's a Pro Line Product. My bad.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #11 - Apr 20th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Thank you, Mark!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top