Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 HUD not showing anything (Read 29951 times)
boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Re: I did it again
Reply #30 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 7:31am
Print Post  
I'm still not sure why your HUD is blank (do you mean totally blank, or it's just the standard HUD with no weapon stuff?), but try this:

I assume you know how to operate weapon, but just in case you aren't totally sure, here's the steps: press Shift+1 to open the control panel, and flip the master switch (far left) to turn on weapon. Everything from there is easy, just navigate to the weapon category (i.e. missile, gun, rocket) and press Ctrl+Shift+7 to cycle through the weapons in each category (for the Hydra rockets--the one with 120 ammo--you should press Ctrl+Shift+8 twice to stop it from firing a ton of rockets at once and freezing the sim).

Okay, now that we're through that, Here's my advice: if your missiles don't fire, it's probably because your firing keys/joystick buttons conflict with simulator commands. For instance, on my computer, Spacebar activated mouse look-around, so naturally I could not use that for firing. Joystick Button 1 on my joystick was break, so that could not be used either. Read the SDK (download the pdf from captain sim) and find out how to re-map keys in the CSweapon.xml file (it's located in the CS_F18 folder in SimObjects and the folders of whatever other planes you installed weapon on--you'll have to re-map for each)--I changed it to the O key and Joystick Button 3, neither of which had previously mapped commands.

Right. That's a lot of stuff, most of which you probably won't need, but I just want to include as many possible solutions as possible  Wink. If you could provide a screenshot of the virtual cockpit with the weapons panel open, that would be great, because right now all we're going off of is description (which you've provided plenty of  Smiley), and an actual picture might clearly show the problem.

Cheers,
boeing247

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

kicket

Re: I did it again
Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 8:01am
Print Post  
smae as in this thred
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1297213669
the NO HUD hud
same thing
Ill try the SDK thing
I feel sorry for any anyone that does not know the interworking of FS
as this all should be unnecessary when you by an addon.
i will let you know what happens

(not Working)&&  (sort of working)

IP Logged

kicket

Re: HUD not showing anything
Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 5:02pm
Print Post  
No Joy   tried remapping the keys still nothing  just a pretty weapons panel and an empty glass hud

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #33 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
Okay, this probably isn't the solution, but is your HUD turned on? (can you even turn it off? I'm not sure, but I think there should be a way...)

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

kicket

Reply #34 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
according to the manual as long as the battery and avionics are on it should work
I tried default aircraft too i see the peaces all over fsx folder so i know it installed

looks like another reason to shelf FSX (again)
and another reason to avoid any CS product for me at least this is 2 for 2  I am sick of it  Angry Angry
Another reason I prefer Try before you BUY or demo(timed Versions) Had the demo not worked i would have known it was not worth the $$ or time.

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #35 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Have you bought addons from other companies? If so, did they work? I'm beginning to suspect that your fsx installation went awry...  Huh

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

kicket

Reply #36 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:01pm
Print Post  
yes I have lots of addons  CS seems to be the only ones i ever have issues with go figure
the whole process is harder then it should be
from the block system
to the key mapping

2-1+1 map that key open this file edit that script ect...noone should have to go through that crap.
like now i am uninstalling FSX totally ran fine for a year
then ill spend the next 5 hours reinstalling everything to try to get this thing to work....day 2 I spend 99% of my time messing with it instead of playing it...BULLCRAP

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #37 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
This is downright bizarre... when you reinstall fsx, redownload the captain sim addons first, run fsx (before installing any other addons except acceleration) and tell us if it works...  Undecided

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

kicket

Reply #38 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 1:03am
Print Post  
OK update I uninstalled FSX and Acceleration   reinsalled everything
its kind of working now but now when i Fire the guns the sound of the gun don't stop so 1 problem down another to figure out.

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #39 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 2:58am
Print Post  
I remember reading that question before... I see you made a post in sound issues... hope you find an answer!

Happy flying!

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

kicket

Reply #40 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:47am
Print Post  
Thanks now if i can get it to stop freezing sometimes locking up  every time I launch a weapon...thanks for your help.I am still staying away from CS products in the future.

IP Logged

boeing247

people since 1903

Reply #41 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Are you firing the 120 ammo rockets? I had a problem with those. I just pressed Ctrl+8 a few to change the firing to 1+4 so it only fires 2 at a time instead of 60. I suppose, though, if you have bad luck with CS products, no sense in spending money on them, though I hope the seventy-some dollars you've spent on the two addons you have doesn't go to waste... keep trying! Sometimes things just start working, it's odd, and I wish it would happen more often...  Wink

WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

zsoltfireman

Reply #42 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Unfortunately for me the same problem!
New FSX are installed on, and after him did not change anything
I'd appreciate it if you would implement a permanent solution to the problem!

IP Logged

zsoltfireman

Reply #43 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 6:34am
Print Post  
I ask the honorable CS team to help me!
The package does not work!
Re-installed the FSX
Thereafter, the CSWP package does not work!

Thank you!

Zsolt Beleznay

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #44 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Zsolt, please see the Forum Rules, Rule #1. Thank you for understanding.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top