Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 question to start with (Read 16772 times)
fael097

needs water-landable fighter
jets!

question to start with
Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
i already purchased the weapon pack, guess i was the first costumer lol, so let me ask you something:

does it support moving carrier ils / tacan couple?

also, the radar is integrated with fsxa hornet, and can be integrated with CS xload hornet aswell, right?

and last thing, is it possible at all to integrate this seamlessly to another aircraft? lets say, if not possible to integrate CS rdr and hud systems, is it possible to fire another aircraft's own weapons, and make them hit targets with CS system? or any other kind of possible integration....

thanks in advance!
(another 2 hours for me to get home so i can test it... Sad )

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: question to start with
Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
The weapon works with ANY FSX aircraft/rotorcraft.

As for the details, please read the manual. We've spent a month writing it  Wink

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
OK all you flyboys...& flygirls...

Now I've got Weapons on my J-3 so look out if you get in my sights!  Grin

This is very cool indeed, but I must admit I did not guess this was the surprise.

After I play with the new toy I'll try to get some screen shots.

Once again, CS has made FSX a lot more FUN!  Cheesy

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #3 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Here are a few screen shots of the New CS Weapons 4 FSX

The view drop down lets you select the Weapon Control Panel under Instrument Panel

Another screen shot just as I fired the rockets.

You can see the smoke trail of the rockets in the HUD. The 2D and VC are in the same shot.

Lou Cool

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

Herbie28

Reply #4 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 6:14pm:
The weapon works with ANY FSX aircraft/rotorcraft.

As for the details, please read the manual. We've spent a month writing it  Wink

I read the Manual, but can't find a entry about TACAN Carrier landing. This was the question from above. Herb

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 10:08pm
Print Post  
Herbie28 wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 9:08pm:
I read the Manual, but can't find a entry about TACAN Carrier landing. This was the question from above. Herb

Any NAVAID you can tune in FSX can be used in the Weapon HUD modes.
So you can try the TACAN Carrier landing.

IP Logged

nath2889

Reply #6 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
LOU wrote on Feb 4th, 2011 at 8:31pm:
Here are a few screen shots of the New CS Weapons 4 FSX

The view drop down lets you select the Weapon Control Panel under Instrument Panel
http://home.comcast.net/~lou.lynn/cs-wep.jpg

Another screen shot just as I fired the rockets.
http://home.comcast.net/~lou.lynn/cs-wep2.jpg
You can see the smoke trail of the rockets in the HUD. The 2D and VC are in the same shot.

Lou Cool

in the words of Michael Caine YOUR ONLY SUPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #7 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 4:49am
Print Post  
OK at only 15 Euro I bit the bullet even though I would have preferred air to air refueling.

My test bed is the FSX ACC version of the FA-18. According to page 12 of the manual the VC version should automatically install into it but all I have now is the CS HUD over the top of the default and it's locked in 2D.

Is there something I'm missing?

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Sludge

Reply #8 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:33am
Print Post  
Herb/Fael...

No, it wont work like JRs HUD.  His HUD simulates a carrier NAVAID.  There is no "real" carrier FSX NAVAID (TACAN), as the FSX engine does not allow for moving navaids.  Matter of fact, FSX doesnt even have TACANs, it has VOR/DMEs.  Remember, this was built as a CILIVIAN flight simulator.

The best way to test this is to plug in 57X on TCN on the F-18 UpFrontController.  Not the gauge, the actual controller box.  You might get an FSX VOR/DME ground station if youre nearby on thats xmitting 57X, but you wont get a carrier ICLS/TACAN like the HUDs do.

CAPT SIM SUPPORT TEAM...

I really like this add-on.  Shooting down AI is really fun.  However, I do have a couple suggestions/critiques.
1.  Please model/simulate AIM-120s instead of AIM-7s.  AIM-7s arent even used anymore, except as SIM-7 Sea Sparrows on ships.
2.  Are you taking ideas for the Interface?  It would be great to have a moddable interface.
3.  How much "flexibility" are you going to give us users to integrate this into other aircraft?
I ask this because actual 2D/3D HUD (symbology) is written as a .dll which is an all-or-nothing, as without the source code, we cannot decompile the HUD and correct it, say specifically for F-18 style HUD or F-16 style HUD.  What you have right now is a "hybrid" that sorta combines the F-18, with the F-16, and has some civilian HUD elements thrown in. Im a HORNET NUTCASE and would like a Hornet HUD.
4.  IF there is enough interest, will you make specific HUDs (F-18/F-16/F-15), that are NATOPS-based?  IE. when you go into a landing configuration (gear down, flaps down), the HUD shows the waterline (wings level) along with the velocity vector.. as this is CRITICAL for correct carrier landings.

Ill leave my questions there for now.

Thanks for your patience.
Later
Sludge

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #9 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:37am
Print Post  
I'm now some 5 hours into this and have a headache, so many questions that are not answered in the manuals. The demo flight seems to confirm what I stated in my post above.

See SDK!!!!

Q1: Having never used SDK what is it? I tried to install it off my DVD and it does not appear to do anything other that load some files somewhere from the cmd routine?

Q2: How do I change the armament configuration for individual aircraft, eg Bombs for the CS B52?

And many more, shutting down now!

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:07am
Print Post  
Q1: Having never used SDK what is it? I tried to install it off my DVD and it does not appear to do anything other that load some files somewhere from the cmd routine?
The Weapons SDK is just a PDF file the explains how to add it into third party products (looks like they mean scenery, but not sure). Interesting info in there, but even I need to re-read it to understand it better.
If you read the Copywrite Policy it might give you some idea of what you can do.

Q2: How do I change the armament configuration for individual aircraft, eg Bombs for the CS B52?
Just open the loader bu clicking on START > ALL PROGRAMS > CAPTAIN SIM > WEAPONS FOR FSX > LOADER. Once that is open, select the CS B-52 and click on the INSTALL button. It's that easy. There are no bombs for the Weapons for FSX at the moment. Depending on how well it sells, will determine how much further Captain Sim will develop it. ATM it is like the B-52 Exterior was released, with promises for taking it further (the VC).

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #11 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Sludge wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 5:33am:
CAPT SIM SUPPORT TEAM...

I really like this add-on.  Shooting down AI is really fun.  However, I do have a couple suggestions/critiques.
1.  Please model/simulate AIM-120s instead of AIM-7s.  AIM-7s arent even used anymore, except as SIM-7 Sea Sparrows on ships.
2.  Are you taking ideas for the Interface?  It would be great to have a moddable interface.
3.  How much "flexibility" are you going to give us users to integrate this into other aircraft?
I ask this because actual 2D/3D HUD (symbology) is written as a .dll which is an all-or-nothing, as without the source code, we cannot decompile the HUD and correct it, say specifically for F-18 style HUD or F-16 style HUD.  What you have right now is a "hybrid" that sorta combines the F-18, with the F-16, and has some civilian HUD elements thrown in. Im a HORNET NUTCASE and would like a Hornet HUD.
4.  IF there is enough interest, will you make specific HUDs (F-18/F-16/F-15), that are NATOPS-based?  IE. when you go into a landing configuration (gear down, flaps down), the HUD shows the waterline (wings level) along with the velocity vector.. as this is CRITICAL for correct carrier landings.

Thanks!
1 - anyone can easily add and set unlimited numer of weapons. (Please see SDK). We've included 14, beliving it's enough to start with.

3 - unlimited within SDK. If you really need more just ask.

4 - that will eliminate the key idea of the Weapon for FSX: to work with any aircraft/rotorcraft. But we do not see any problems if there we'll be a huge demand on some specific HUD type.

IP Logged

Reccedude

Reply #12 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Where do i find the SDK pdf?. I want to change the assignment for the fire-action, but unable to find it.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #13 - Feb 5th, 2011 at 8:26pm
Print Post  

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #14 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 9:07am:
Just open the loader bu clicking on START > ALL PROGRAMS > CAPTAIN SIM > WEAPONS FOR FSX > LOADER. Once that is open, select the CS B-52 and click on the INSTALL button. It's that easy. There are no bombs for the Weapons for FSX at the moment. Depending on how well it sells, will determine how much further Captain Sim will develop it. ATM it is like the B-52 Exterior was released, with promises for taking it further (the VC).

Mark

Give me a break, getting the weapons into the aircraft was no hassle other than the fact that I had to modify each of the 2 (FA-18 and B52) panel.csweapons files to suit my own enhancements. I only installed the addon into two models.

Wasn't till this morning I saw the fine print re NO BOMBS. BUMMER!

Sorry, not impressed!

Regards Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top