Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Gauges blacked out in 727 base package (Read 5925 times)
Captain Baffin

Gauges blacked out in 727 base package
Jan 22nd, 2011 at 2:43am
Print Post  
Gauges are blacked out...........flight engineer panel as well............not sure what else I can do...I have the 727-base pack..... I can fly it but doing it blindly ................please help   Angry
I also purchased the B-52 buff exterior and the plane is transparent ..........not sure what to make of that either

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Gauges blacked out in 727 base package
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Welcome to the CS forums.
Is your FSX version current? You should have at least Microsoft® Flight Simulator X SP2 or Flight Simulator X Acceleration installed.

You can also check your DirectX and your drivers of the graphics card, but the FSX version would be the first thing to check.

Here's the DirectX link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170...

When you install such trusted software like the CS planes, you should turn of your antivirus software (temporarily!) and give the installer the admin rights (right click on it) to make sure that it can access all things needed.

If you have further problems, please post some details of your system (CPU, RAM, graphics card vendor) and about your operating system.

Official support always comes with the use of a support ticket and therefore not from the forums.
So in those cases, log in to your profile on the CS page (http://www.captainsim.com/cgi-bin/login.pl) and access the knowledge database. If you can't find a solution there, generate a new ticket then.

IP Logged

Edwin

Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 9:41am
Print Post  
i can't remember if it was with this plane or with a plane from another developer, but when you run vista/7 it might help that you run FSX in administrator mode.

IP Logged

Genhavoc

Reply #3 - Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:20pm
Print Post  
Captain Baffin, I had the exact same issue.  While Captnsim Customer support was useless, I figured out the issue myself.  It was a bad installation of SP2.  When I download the SP2 package, it installed.  But when I loaded the Catpnsim software, I had the exact issue, no gauges.  They told me it was my system.  While I am on the minimum end of the requirements, it still should have showed the gauges.  I ended up re-installing SP2 and it ran.  Turn off your virus protection when loading SP2.  It apparently failed on my first installation.  Now it runs fine.  This seems to be the main issue.  Hope it helps.  I have to say, this is the most realistic sim I have ever flown.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 7th, 2011 at 9:57am
Print Post  
Genhavoc wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 9:20pm:
Captain Baffin, I had the exact same issue.  While Captnsim Customer support was useless, I figured out the issue myself.   They told me it was my system.  While I am on the minimum end of the requirements, it still should have showed the gauges.  I ended up re-installing SP2 and it ran.  

Because it was your system not conforming with Minimum System Requirements. If you check them you will see "MS Flight Simulator X + SP2 or Acceleration" as one of requirements.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top