Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
from boxed to d/load (Read 3200 times)
acko52

from boxed to d/load
Mar 27th, 2011 at 2:43am
Print Post  
G/day fellow simmers,      When i first started flight simming, and not knowing any better i purchased the box version of capt 727, ive since then got the d/loaded versions of the capt 707and the 757 from capt sim site, which i dont have any problems with, apart from some sound issues, which is down to my laptop. What i wanted to know is what would be the correct procedure to uninstall the boxed version, and replace it with the d/loaded version. The 707 and the 727 are my favorites, but i have some horrible sounds from the 727, and i have to reload it to fix the sounds, i dont have this problem with the 707 and the 757. So if anybody can me what the correct procedure to uninstall the boxed and download the 727 capt that would be great  thanks  BTW cant wait for the 737  Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: from boxed to d/load
Reply #1 - Mar 27th, 2011 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
acko52 wrote on Mar 27th, 2011 at 2:43am:
G/day fellow simmers,      When i first started flight simming, and not knowing any better i purchased the box version of capt 727, ive since then got the d/loaded versions of the capt 707and the 757 from capt sim site, which i dont have any problems with, apart from some sound issues, which is down to my laptop. What i wanted to know is what would be the correct procedure to uninstall the boxed version, and replace it with the d/loaded version. The 707 and the 727 are my favorites, but i have some horrible sounds from the 727, and i have to reload it to fix the sounds, i dont have this problem with the 707 and the 757. So if anybody can me what the correct procedure to uninstall the boxed and download the 727 capt that would be great  thanks  BTW cant wait for the 737  Smiley

My advice is to contact Just Flight directly. Make sure that they allow you to sell your boxed version to someone else FIRST. You MUST part with it 100%.

Uninstall it as you normally would, but I'm not sure if the registry entries for the Just Flight boxed version is the same as for the download version.
Check-in to Your Profile > Select product > Customer Support > Search KB #685 (without the #) for all the details on removing it from the windows registry.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

acko52

Reply #2 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 7:06am
Print Post  
G/day Mark,  Sorry to take so long to respond, ive been busy trying to get ccc back(catalyst contrl centre, for ati card) i made the mistake of not reserching, eg you cant update the driver if you have certain laptops from the ati site, you can only get updates from the manafacturer of the l/top, which btw dont unless theres a known bug. Anyway getting back to the subject, i didnt intend to sell the boxed versionm ill keep it as a back up just in case. I managed to find a sound pack for it from TSStudios at the sim shack site, it advetized it being comp with fsx, but since learnt its for fs2004, i only just got it last knight, so im still testing it. The start up and idle sounds are spot on, much, much better than the default, the only issue i have is when on takeoff with the engines at full trot, but like i said it early days. With the d/loaded ver , do you have to reload it to get switch and apu sounds to work? I read somewhere that you replaced the 757 sound pack with audio works, can you tell me how you did it (in detail, because im pretty slow). Did you replace both setr eg rr ect?  Tell me if you think this would be the correct way to replace the boxed with the d/load version, uninstall another company 727 do reg clean and then download neww one ?    thanks Mark      cya Jeff

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Hi Jeff.

To get the cockpit sounds in the CS 727 I have two ways of doing it.
1. I reload the aircraft, ALT > Aircraft > Select Aircraft > ENTER (I use a keyboard shortcut of CTRL+R).
2. I load one of the default CS727 flights, 727-100 Cold-n-Dark (KSEA) or 727-100 Cleared for takeoff (KSEA) (you must select the corresponding .FSSAVE file) from Documents\Flight Simulator X files by double clicking it.

For my CS757 sounds, I use IRIS - AudioworX 757-200 Soundpack for FSX. This does not specify which engines these sounds are for, but the instructions demonstrate for the sound.RR, so I did.

I unpacked it to FSX and it installed the sounds to [FSX root folder]\IRIS AudioworX\757-200 sound-pack.
I then copied the sound.iris folder to [FSX root folder]\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B757-200\.
Then I opened the aircraft.cfg for the 757-200/300/200F, and edited the sound=RR, or sound=PW, to sound=IRIS. For example:

[fltsim.0]
title=Captain Sim 757-200 FSX 0
sim=cs757-200
model=PW
panel=
sound=PW
texture=delta
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N675DL

[fltsim.0]
title=Captain Sim 757-200 FSX 0
sim=cs757-200
model=PW
panel=
sound=IRIS
texture=delta
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=
atc_id=N675DL

All you have to do to change it is in the instructions that came with the soundpack. I did the same thing for the CS767 and the TSS Sounds for the GE, PW and RR sounds. Unfortunately the TSS sounds are really for FS2004 (FS9) and not for FSX like the IRIS - AudioworX 757-200 Soundpack for FSX is.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

acko52

Reply #4 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
G/day Mark   Thanks mate, Well i finally uninstalled the boxed and got the d/load version, i havent fully tested it yet, ive only made sure it installed ok, which it did. That problem with the soundis still there eg youve got to reload it to get the switch and apu sounds, is that normal for the 727 or have i done something wrong? TSS has a PW sound pack for fsx 757, but not the RR as i could see (from their site) .  they also have a 727 for fsx in the works. Changing the 757 sounds seems a bit more complicated for me , i think ill do some more reading before i attempt that. Oh i almost forgot , in the TSS folder there are settings for windows media player, i have not seen anywhere , anything about wmp regarding fsx, have you got settings for it? Im having problems with a swoshing sound when i turn either on the ground or in the air , shitting down the engines and restarting them seems to get rid of it , but i cant do exterior veiws, if i do i get the weird sounds again, i suspect wmp, ill tell you why, i usually have a lot os apps disabled at start up ( through soft ware explorer) those weird sounds hadnt been around for awhile, anyway i went into fsx andthe weird sounds were worst then ever so i had a look in s/w explorer and wmp was active , so i disabled it and it improved. So buggered if i know, maybe you can shed some light on it. Anyway Mark thanks again take care    Jeff

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #5 - Apr 4th, 2011 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Hi Jeff

That problem with the soundis still there eg youve got to reload it to get the switch and apu sounds, is that normal for the 727 or have i done something wrong?
No, you haven't done anything wrong. It is a bug in the 727 v2.4.

TSS has a PW sound pack for fsx 757, but not the RR as i could see (from their site) .
Yes they do, but I only saw that it was made for FS9. So you don't get the sound cones with it. That is why I chose the IRIS - AudioworX 757-200 Soundpack for FSX.

Oh i almost forgot , in the TSS folder there are settings for windows media player, i have not seen anywhere , anything about wmp regarding fsx, have you got settings for it?
Not sure what you are talking about there. I have the TSS 767 GE/PW/RR sounds (made for FS9) and they don't have anything in there about wmp. Undecided

Mark

Note: I see that TSS have released an FSX PW sound set for the 757 since I purchased the IRIS - Audioworx.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

acko52

Reply #6 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 1:00am
Print Post  
G/day Mark.   The referance to WMP is in the main folder from Tss, which contains the sound folder, opt settings for WMP, something to do with wave(that i dont understand) and another one i have no idea about. The setting for WMP is for the equalizer, i just thought you might know something about it. Being for fs9 , it might be differant for fsx. Thanks anyway   Jeff

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top