Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
 25 Up and down like the proverbial (Read 25790 times)
balus

Up and down like the proverbial
Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:32am
Print Post  
So there I was on climb out of Singapore and the 70 starting bouncing, the yoke in the VC was oscillating backwards and forwards - spot view showed the elevator up and down in full deflection. Now I know I was flying a Qantas livery but I didn't order a kangaroo!

I pulled back on my yoke but there was no change - removed mappings in FSUIPC but still no change - ended up having to abort the flight, which is always disappointing. Any ideas as to what caused it?

IP Logged

balus

Re: Up and down like the proverbial
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:20am
Print Post  
hmmm, so no-one else has experienced this?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2011 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Can you reproduce that flight and the things happening there or was this a one time special?
Could well be weather related, if some new data was injected to fast and with abnormal values.

It could also happen, if your CG is out of a flyable line, so the fuel load and balance of the plane is important to look at.

IP Logged

abo265

Reply #3 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
CoolP:
The behavior described by Balus exists.

I use the Saitek panels and throttle. Yoke and pedals are ChProducts. It happens on occasions when trimming the airplane, and usually occurs within between 0 and 1500 ft.  rate of climb, negative or positive. If I continue rotating the trim wheel (Saitek wheel or the 707 AP pitch trim wheels) the oscillations dampen and eventually cease. Rotating the wheels in the opposite direction may induce the oscillations again. I have not been able to associate it with any particular flight or flying conditions. Weight and balance do not seem to be a factor. A saved flight may do it on some occasions and not on others.

The problem occurs with the original Saitek drivers as well as with the SPAD beta drivers.

Windows 7, 36 bit

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #4 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 10:02am
Print Post  
It doesnt happen in my 707 flights. I believe:

a) Either its a joystick drive related problem (dont think so)
b) Its the way you are flying the plane.

When it happens, are you using autopilot?
Ive experienced this effect a few times on other paywares, and it was usually cause I had it configured it incorrectly.
K

&&&&

IP Logged

balus

Reply #5 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:22am
Print Post  
I was flying with AP on at the time - CH yoke and pedals, registered FSUIPC. I was adjusting pitch at the time so perhaps that is the issue - will try it again when I get a chance - unfortunately SP2 for the A300 has just been released so I'll be flying that for the next few days Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 9:49am
Print Post  
balus wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:22am:
I was flying with AP on at the time - CH yoke and pedals, registered FSUIPC. I was adjusting pitch at the time so perhaps that is the issue - will try it again when I get a chance - unfortunately SP2 for the A300 has just been released so I'll be flying that for the next few days Smiley
The 707-300 does NOT use FSUIPC. So FSUIPC cannot be the cause of any problems with the 707-300.

From Support KB#5937:
Q: I have problems with using FSUIPC and your 707 Captain.

A:
707 Captain does not use FSUIPC so we do not support any issues with FSUIPC.

I'll probably be taking the A300 up for a few flights because of the SP2 update as well. Shocked

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

WKTZ

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 2:42am
Print Post  
I have the same problem as you Balus...on autopilot and then when you disconnect the A/P, it persists....if you go to external view, the elevators are "flapping" up and down as if they were trying to give the aeroplane some extra boost!   Cheesy

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
It is possible, CH yoke needs calibration. During the climb, A/P on, when elevatosr starts to flapping, Move yoke slowly forward, if is getting worse, then pull yoke slowly toward to you  until flapping stops.
That is how I solved the same problem

IP Logged

Capt. Haddock

Reply #9 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:18am
Print Post  
This has happened to me every time I've manually adjusted the trim whilst the AP is engaged, so I guess it's just a feature of the aircraft; I just switch to altitude hold until the 'plane levels out then everything's OK and I can continue with the climb.

>^..^<

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #10 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Capt. Haddock wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:18am:
This has happened to me every time I've manually adjusted the trim whilst the AP is engaged, so I guess it's just a feature of the aircraft; I just switch to altitude hold until the 'plane levels out then everything's OK and I can continue with the climb.

>^..^<

Well, there you have the answer then:
You should never touch the trim with autopilot engaged...its fighting one against the other.
If autopilot is engaged, IT controls-adjusts trim.
I can imagine strange thing would happen if you touch the trim with AP engaged, (Ive never even tried it), nor thought someone would, so the bouncing could well be because of that.

Another example: Its like switching autopilot altitude hold, and then try and climb or descend..."why would you do that ???" its common sense, (no need for a pilot licence on this one) either its autopilot or manual, if its autopilot..DONT TOUCH stabilizers.

&&&&

IP Logged

bouncing plane
Reply #11 - Jan 21st, 2011 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
The 707 bounces on the runway + taxiways, someone posted a fix to the contact points,but the plane still bounces ,is there another fix thankyou.

IP Logged

Jakobarnholtz

Re: bouncing plane
Reply #12 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 7:10am
Print Post  
It is, like the aircraft has the hickups! I have the same experiense.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 8:34am
Print Post  
In another reply to a question like this, I said I have not experienced this in FSX. That has not changed. However, I did say that I had  experienced it in FS9 (FS2004) at Melbourne, Moorabbin - YMMB. I don't know what the cause of it is.

Where (what airport/gate) is this happening? If I start a flight there I can see if it happens to me too.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

DarrenL

Reply #14 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 10:44am
Print Post  
It did happen to me, but the contact point change fixed it.

Whenever I changed view, it would bounce as if it had just been placed there.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top