Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
 25 Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome (Read 29850 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: Post 1.2 Bug List - comments welcome
Reply #30 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
I have found that I get the LH Bottle Inactive light coming on if I start my engines the way described in KB#6204, as I said earlier. If, for example, I have everything set for engine start but I'm doing other things to continue my flight preparations, once I start the engines, it remains ON. If I get the engines started quickly, the light tends to go out, most times.

If I start the engines the way I described HERE, I never get the LH Bottle Inactive light coming ON.

I don't have any problems with the trim either. It is a bit sensitive, but I still find it easy enough to use without any problems.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

WWA1935

Reply #31 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 4:09am:
WWA1935 wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 1:59am:
Disregard the Wx radar problem.  Although I was given a link via email to the 1.2v patch from CS it looks like something happened during the install?

I noticed I could not remove the flight yokes either so I did a complete uninstall and re-install and now the flight yokes and the weather radar seems to be working correctly.

As Far As I Know, the emails with the link were sent out to some of, but not all of, the 707-300 users. We were asked to test the reworked Doppler Navigation System to see if was still causing a CTD. As you can tell by now, I got the email and link as well, and although the DNS worked fine, not everything did work in the 707-300 v1.2 in the email link.

Just out of curiosity. Did you Check-in to your Profile and use the "Get New Links" for the 707-300 v1.2? If you did, it would certainly explain why those things that weren't working before, are working now.

Mark

That is exactly what happened, after I uninstalled and used the "Get New Links" option the problems with the Wx Radar I reported went away.  Cool

IP Logged

Capt. Haddock

Reply #32 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
I get the 10 Mile alert (Pilot and Co-Pilot) every time if I fly DNS or INS flight. It works fine for me.

Hi Mark. It used to work for me before the upgrade, but I waqsn't using INS, just flying VOR/DME, as I am now; is that why it no longer works?

>^..^<

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #33 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
I haven't done a lot of VOR to VOR flights. I did a few to see how well my 707 would follow the radial, back in v1.1. I would have to try a VOR to VOR to see if it does it or not in that situation with v1.2. The worst thing is, I never noticed it in v1.1 or v1.0. Undecided

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #34 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:08am
Print Post  
THORmx, I think you get that "L. H. Bottle" warning too because you start the engines the wrong way and this is just because you can't start them the right way.
"Right" is using the external power and air and go for "low pressure", "wrong" (because this is only used when no external stuff is available) is the "high pressure" variant with only one shot for engine 3, causing the "L. H. Bottle" warning after usage.

The check lists and the KB article currently collide in their statements and if you start the No. 3 engine with the "high press" setting, you'll loose the "L. H. Bottle" because it just gives you one shot.

The check list from Mark might work but can't be found either in the manuals or the KB, it's a Mark special and he just gained the "Senior 707 Flight Engineer Award" for this, congratulations!  Cheesy

There's another flaw.
If only external power (not air) is connected, you have a "Low Press" reading on the AC panel.
I think that air of any kind can only come from the external air or from an operating AC, both things aren't working in this picture.

See here, external power only and you have "Low Press" air available.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #35 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:00am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 27th, 2010 at 12:08am:
The check list from Mark might work but can't be found either in the manuals or the KB, it's a Mark special and he just gained the "Senior 707 Flight Engineer Award" for this, congratulations!  Cheesy
When the 707 was first released, quite a few of us had problems getting it started. The checklist I created was a way that, through trial and error, I came up with that was successful all the time. I don't know if there is anyone who hasn't succeeded when using it. At the time, all I wanted to do was a manual engine start. CTRL+E was not 100% successful for me anyway. I know that mine is not the way it should done, but a way that it can be done. My aim is simply to help everyone get the engines started. In truth, this method may not even be needed by anyone any more now that everything is working so well in v1.2. Wink

With the engine start from KB #6204, I feel some steps are missing. To follow it exactly leads to engine #3 not even spooling up to ignite. If I add a few items in the list I can get it to work every time. So I could change it to suit that. If it it works, it works. That's all that matters.

I take it that the "Senior 707 Flight Engineer Award" is an award you have given me. Or did I miss something. No matter, I'll accept it. Grin

In the image, it looks like there isn't any pressure at all.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #36 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Yes, that was a hopefully rewarding Award, at least that was the intention behind it.

I always go for manual starts and use the Ctrl-E thing for a fast check of other systems only.
The KB thing is wrong and misleading and the check list in the manual now works for me.
As said in the other thread, I don't know why I came up with a wrong procedure first through the 1.0 and 1.1 releases but eventually I did and this sort of built a bad habit, leading to the "L. H. Bottle" warning all the time.
My judgment at least was right: a clearly user related problem and no thing for any official bug list.

The only thing remaining now is KB article 6204.
KB 6204 describes a start without external sources (it therefor needs the high pressure bottle) while the manuals go for one with them connected.
So my suggestion would be to clearly state this difference to avoid confusing people.

The ground starts without external sources are the exception when operating the 707 in my eyes, the ground supply based starts are the common thing.

In my image, there is "Low Pressure" available and as no engine is running and no external air is connected, we have to ask ourselves where this could come from.
Invisible APU?

I've kicked the No. 5 item with the engine start air pressure out of the list for now as I have to investigate a bit before I can say that this gauge is wrong.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #37 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:40am
Print Post  
You can start engine 3 without the external power and air? Every time I tried the KB6204 start, nothing happened at all. My guess is that if it's possible to start it without external power and air, as you seem to suggest, then I must be missing something. This would clearly be a case of the problem being me.

I have been using my method since I discovered it. So I got into a bad habit of not doing it the right way. I'm working on changing that.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #38 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 1:54am
Print Post  
I think it's mainly without external air, but I'll check this and report back.

No. 3 startup on "high pressure" and without external air and power works. The "L. H. Bottle" comes up then because you've used up the one shot. Nice feature now, if it gets explained.

I like to mention that the manuals don't explain this, Lou did. Thanks!

If you open the bleed valve after the engine 3 start, you get all other engines running too with a "low pressure" start. The No. 3 bleed pressurizes the system and you then can start 4, 2 and 1 and gain more stable pressurized air with every start.
That's how it should be and that's how it works on this 707.

If you need air for the AC and Packs then, the Air Compressors have to be enabled, these are a 707 special, the modern jets do this via their bleed air too.

Still leaves this one as open and new

There shouldn't be any "low pressure" readings when the external air is not connected, the engines are off and the AC too.

Quote:
1.  Conditioned Air Duct Pressure Indicator
Displays pressure differential between main cabin and distribution duct.  Reflects ventilation flow rate.
6-10 INCHES – Desired operating rate.
GREEN BAND – Operating range.

There currently always is a flow although no system is feeding it and there is no "green band" on the gauge.
Am I right?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #39 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 3:04am
Print Post  
Ah! That gauge! Why does that gauge have INCHES OF WATER written on it? I thought that that had to do with the water injection for increases engine power on takeoff. Or something like that.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #40 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 4:59am
Print Post  
Grin I like your findings, Mark.
There's another instrument around with "inches of Mercury" I think, sounds toxic  Tongue
This source is better than any of my texts http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inch_of_water

But anyway, this little gauge shows readings without having something to read.
Turn all air systems on or off, always the same there, no fluctuation.
If you cut off electrics, it goes to zero but that's probably the case on all electrical driven instruments.

I think I'll put that on the list soon.

IP Logged

felks

Reply #41 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:23am
Print Post  
Hi CoolIP
That "Water Gauge" you are talking about on the F/E's panel is a guage measuring pressure difference between Air Conditioning System Main Cabin Inlet Duct and the cabin .It should always stay in the green area.
Hope this helps Wink
Regards
Glenn
Please note I corrected my post after perusing my 707 notes and not using my memory Wink

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #42 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Well, I think it measures the amount of water collected by extreme laughing about funny explanations towards the this little thing.
I'm really glad that Captain Sim implemented it.

We definitely need more such gauges on other planes.  Grin

Lets talk about the engine vibrations caused by joking passengers then ..
(I hope you get my strange humor, I don't offend anyone intentionally)

Getting more serious now: Has anyone of you ever tested the takeoff warning horn to come up?
Should be on the No.3 thrust lever and gets triggered if no flaps, no stab trim and speed brake lever not full forward.

I don't hear a thing when I do this but it's mentioned in the manuals.

Another question: Weren't the old manuals for the 707 coming in full color while the current ones are b/w only?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #43 - Oct 27th, 2010 at 11:46am
Print Post  
I've started the 767 version of the bug list. Feel free to join and comment and bring plenty of time.  Grin

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1288179915/0#0

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #44 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 12:45am
Print Post  
TO those with graphics errors, add the line HIGHMEMFIX=1 under the graphics section (I didn't come up with that) and delete the files in the temp folder. type %temp% into the start search bar to find the temp folder, and %appdata%/microsoft/fsx

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top