Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 Flashing textures in the VC (Read 22205 times)
ramsa329

Flashing textures in the VC
Oct 3rd, 2010 at 1:58am
Print Post  
I seem to be having a problem with this plane which is very similar to the known problem that existed with the another company JS4100 which, AFTER WAY TOO LONG, led to their acknowledging the issue and led to a work-around in their configuration file.

I have flashing textures when in VC mode. I can recreate the flashing even when it doesn't occur at first load by simply changing between full screen and windows mode.

I am not referring to the textures of the VC but rather to video flashing. This is not present in any other plane and this does not occur in any other view of the 707 except for the VC and were not present in the original download but ONLY in the upgrade.

I also seem to be missing the landing gear at times when I first load the plane.

This behavior occurs in all the models.

I have friends whom I fly with who own the plane and they are also experiencing the exact same issues. In single player and in multiplayer

I was wondering if there is anyone else who has seen this and if anyone has any ideas?

Thanx

ramsa329
www.fs-gs.com

IP Logged

asanal

Re: Flashing textures in the VC
Reply #1 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 2:20am
Print Post  
I did have same problem  I uninstalled 707 1.1 and reinstalled 707 1.0,then installed 707 1.1 and clicked on Repair.
Problem solved, I hope this helps you. Smiley

IP Logged

ramsa329

Reply #2 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 2:43am
Print Post  
I have tried that and it did not solve the issue but thanks for the advise

IP Logged

ramsa329

Reply #3 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Now noticing that if I or my friends start at the pre-set Seattle flight from CS there is no flashing and all is well

However the minute I change to another airport the flashing returns with a vengence.

and we still have the occasional LOAD WITHOUT WHEELS issue

so.............................................................

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #4 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Ive gone back to V 1... nothing I've tried fixes V 1.1

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

ramsa329

Reply #5 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 6:42am
Print Post  
There is a post regarding CTDs and in that post a discussion about the flashing textures in the VC.

I would like to post my reply here also so that people who are encountering this problem will see that others are posting about it and will speak up.

I wouldn't even post if this add-on were a typical $30.00 or even $40.00 expense but that is not the case at all.

There is something fundamentally unstable with the update that was not present in the original.

and going down the path of blaming settings or an individuals machine environment IS NOT tHE ANSWER.

This is a software issue just as the another company JS4100 issue was the software and making machine excuses is just a form of HIDE AND SEEK.

So here's the post:

"There is a fundamental error in the software that was not present in the original release and that error is not machine related.

If the CS pre-set flight at Seattle is loaded than the flashing textures are not there but the second that the plane is moved to any other location or a flight is started at another location the flashing reappears.

These are not spikes or ground texture whiteouts or black outs as one would expect to see if buffer pools were set out of the video cards range or beyond its capacity and if it were a pure texture issue than it would occur in the default flight as well.

If this was happening to only me than I could see the idea of a machine specific related error but that is not the case at all

If this were a $30.00 purchase it would be a lot easier to accept but it is not.

This is an expensive add-on and something is wrong and it needs to be addressed."

SOONER NOT LATER

ramsa329

www.fs-gs.com

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #6 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Does the flashing appears if you use "flight deck only" VC? See ACE.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #7 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
ramsa329, how come you think that YOUR problem is a fundamental one while many others are flying crash- and problemfree?
Tho forums would be full of people if the crashes or flashing were a mayor problem, don't you think?

Do you think your "this is an expensive addon" sentence helps anyone around in the support staff? Everyone is aware about the price and usually support workers can't work harder on high priced things, because the already do work hard independent from the fact of how much money was spent. Nice attribute I think.
Please try to calm down and deliver some values to work with.

As you could see before, the guys from Captain Sim are listening to customers around but it won't help if one of them goes lunatic and posts something about "fundamental error" all over the place.
First thing might be to answer their questions.
Seems like they are already on it, fellow Captain.

It's sad to read that your installation does not run fine, mine does, so at least there are two opposites existent which shows that there might be anything else but "fundamental error"  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Hi Captain Sim.

I'm not sure if the flashing textures problem is just a Captain Sim problem. I have this exact same problem with the "others" JS41. When I see it (in the VC only) I just reload the plane and it disappears. It happened with the JS41 on my old system* as well as my newly upgraded system.

It happens about half the time (1 in 2) I select the JS41, but it has only happened only a couple of times out of many times that I have selected the CS707.

Mark

*Old system: Intel Core 2 Quad 9550 @ 2.83GHz | 8GB DDR2 800 RAM | Nvidia 9800 GTX+ |22" LCD Monitor | 2 x 1TB HDD, 1 x 500GB HDD, 1 x 320GB External HDD | Windows 7 Profession 64 bit

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

JayG

Reply #9 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Captain Sim wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 10:47am:
Does the flashing appears if you use "flight deck only" VC? See ACE.

CS:
Thanks for the fast reply. I reinstalled the update, changed all planes to 'flight deck only', and the flashing seems to be fixed. I need to test this more as it's only been a few minutes now, but I did check in both single and multiplayer. Of course I have some strange views cycling through the cabin, but I can live with that for now.

Since you are aware of this by pointing us in that direction, is there a fix coming? Even though I dont smoke Marlboro's, I  love having a smoking section  Smiley

CP:
Ramsa isnt the only one with the issue or being a bit upset about it. I'm sure you would be too if it was happening to you.

Flight Lead: "Bandits at 3 oclock!!!"&&Wingman: "It's only 2:30 now, what do we do til then?"

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #10 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
Lets emphasize that a fix can only come from a detailed description of a problem and a successful reproduction in the devs office.
So your question about a fix for the flashing (the other dev still hasn't one, just a workaround) answers itself. Sorry to say that.

I don't have any flashes or crashes, with the cabin on or off, so finding the problem won't be easy as it is system dependent.

Mark, do you know the workaround for that other plane? It is written in their forums and mainly consists of "go to medium detail in the VC".
I know this because I own it too (nice one) and had the flashes there while the 707 is flash-free here.
Their workaround kills the flashes but not the nature of that problem of course.

IP Logged

ramsa329

Reply #11 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Ok as of now with my, and others initial testing, have found that the flashing stops when every plane is set to VC only in ACE.

So now we have a work-around and are pointed in the right direction for a fix.

Thanks to everyone at Captainsim and in the forums for such a swift response.

To Mark:

The fix for the another company JS4100 is in their configuration utility and is associated to the VC.

Simply change "Virtual Cockpit Model Options" to medium.

To CoolP:

As I said before if it was one system than maybe I would consider machine related conditions but it wasn't as the work-around clearly shows.

It was and is now, as it was before, an issue with the software.

No amount of SNAPPING AT ME  will change the fact that we (who were encountering the problem) now have a work-around to what was happening.

I tried to narrow down the HIDE and SEEK factor which so often happens in forums so that those who could would more easily be able to isolate the problem and could do so without being distracted by random solutions and guesses.

I was not attacking CS I was looking for a solution or at least an interim work-around. I am a supporter of theirs and always have been even when many others were not.

In any case:

Again a big THANK YOU to CS for such a great plane, for the support and for the work-around.

Now I'm going to go fly

ramsa329

www.fs-gs.com

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
CoolP.

It happens 50% of the time when I first load the JS41, it disappears after I reload the aircraft (menu method: ALT, Aircraft, Select Aircraft then ENTER). I have a keyboard shortcut of CTRL+SHIFT+R to reload the aircraft.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #13 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
ramsa329, and once again: I don't have any flashing here, Cabin on or off so it wasn't, isn't and won't be a general issue.
I don't know what you mean with "snapping" but I usually hop in if somebody explains the world something wrong (meaning "general problem" which is a wrong statement as seen) and correct it.
Call this whatever you like and enjoy your plane.

Mark, exactly your experience with the other plane.
They state that this will be fixed in SP2 and until then, the workaround is stated in their forums or spoken here (don't ask me why other guys repeat the advice).

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #14 - Oct 3rd, 2010 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
ramsa329 wrote on Oct 3rd, 2010 at 4:59pm:
Ok as of now with my, and others initial testing, have found that the flashing stops when every plane is set to VC only in ACE.

Thanks for your feedback. It's seems the problem is the complete model (with the passenger cabin, wings and the textures) is huge and gives some kind of marginal load on the computer (video memory I believe) that causes this kind of artifacts like flashing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top