Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Why no APU? (Read 4960 times)
Martin Martinov

Forever New Frontiers

Why no APU?
Sep 27th, 2010 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Yes, yes I know, the earlier 707s did not have the APU. However in several publications including the original Boeing manual for the 707-300 (which is 600+ pages and very nice indeed) the APU is present.

The APU engine is located behind the main wheel well and the APU control panel is located at the FE station, lower AUX panel. Maybe we can get this gadget installed on some stage, say SP1.2?...

Regards,&&Martin Martinov

IP Logged

Benzinger

Re: Why no APU?
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 3:19pm
Print Post  

Hi Captain!

I agree with you concerning the APU.

Do you have the original boeing manual? Can it be downloded from somewhere? I'm still trying to gather information for a short flight planning manual (v-speeds, t/o-thrust/EPR-limits, trip fuel planning...). A link or so would be great!

Greetings  Stefan

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2010 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
There was hundreds version of the 707, and we are going to model many of them for FSX. But there is just one cockpit for the entire family. So we have picked the "no APU" one to preserve that old-school 707 flavor.

IP Logged

Martin Martinov

Forever New Frontiers

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2010 at 5:50am
Print Post  
Fair enough... I would have been cool to have one more system to operate though...

Anyway, I learned how to perform cross-bleed starts while pushback to save online ramp time  Wink

P.S.> Stefan there is an original boeing manual in the net just google with "Boeing 707 manual" and you should be able to find it approx 25MB and more than 600 pages pdf. Enjoy.

Regards,&&Martin Martinov

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top