Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
 25 CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE (Read 327214 times)
tebsu

Re: CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE
Reply #195 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 8:02pm
Print Post  
Hi,

today i purchased the B707 and its really a nice bird. Especially that i can click like every switch or button.. However i have problems with the INS. Here is the way i proceeded.

1. Installed B707
2. Installed E-3A
3. Installed CIVA INS
4. removed original panel.cfg and renamed panel_CIVA (or something) to panel.cfg

Now, i start the sim, go to the MSU and put it to STBY (engines are on, elec is configured correctly and so on) but the display stays blank.. No number on it. However, the INS in the VC is going to light up.

So the problem is:

2D CIVA INS does not work
VC INS lights up but i cant do anything with it

also i noticed, that i do not have that civa ins config file which should be something like "csx701" in my FSX/CIVA folder.. someone knows why?

/edit: and in the next second, i had a solution. I switched to 2D panel and then, the 2D civa ins started.. now i switched back to VC and it still works.. weird..

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #196 - Jun 30th, 2011 at 8:47pm
Print Post  
Glad it works now.  Smiley

But your experience isn't weird at all. The gauge which initializes the Civa INS in the panel.cfg coming with the plane is this one.
gauge04=../civa/INS!Config,         0,    0,  0, 0, csx701

It's located in the simicon panel (that small popup with the buttons for the other popups), which is a 2D thing. So as long as this small panel isn't used, the whole Civa gauges won't initialize and therefore stay dark.
So wherever this gauge is placed, it has to be opened at least once to allow the INS operation. Place it in the Vcockpit section for example and it works right out of the box, because the VC is the first thing you see when loading the 707.
Otherwise, just remember to always open the simicons panel once, which triggers the same.

IP Logged

tebsu

Reply #197 - Jul 1st, 2011 at 7:40am
Print Post  
everything works fine Smiley like i expect (thats so awesome because usually, there are some problems).. this aircraft makes so much fun, it is the best i have now and i do have a huge amount of aircrafts.

IP Logged

buedi

Reply #198 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
First, thanks to CoolP for his Tutorial of how to get a 2 INS systems working in the 707. It works very well so far. Today, while tinkering with AWC and ADC cards, I found a problem. Probably Iīm doing something wrong, but I think itīs a bug in the CIVA INS Panel which canīt be fixed by us, so the only workaround would be to have a 2nd ADEU Unit. But letīs see. Hereīs what I do:

- Apart from the AWC (Waypoint Cards) I also created a ADC for my DME stations I want to have while in flight.
- Before inserting the ADC card into the ADEU, I press the Remote Button on both MSUs, like I did before when reading the AWC card.
- I select the ADC card
- I read it
- The contents of the Card are only read into the MSU #1. MSU #2 does not have any DME stations in its memory.

Does this work for someone else or do we need a 2nd ADEU reader here maybe? The CIVA manual says, that the ADEU is fully aware of the Remote Switches... but, maybe itīs not?  Undecided

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #199 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Good question, I've only used the DME data cards on the Concorde so far, but I'm typing the DME coordinates manually most of the time, on all birds. So I actually never tried the DME data input trough the ADEU on the 707 so far.
Adding the second ADEU reader isn't tricky though. The window will get a bit wider and the second gauge has to be defined and placed.

The Civa manual helps you there and if you struggle, please give me a sign and I'll look into it.  Smiley

IP Logged

buedi

Reply #200 - Jul 14th, 2011 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks for your quick reply CoolP, I appreciate that very much!

I enjoy it much more when entering the coordinates by hand also. Since I was reading the Docs and tinkering with the system to find out how it works in detail, I stumbled upon the ADC (cards). Indeed it works when I add a 2nd ADEU. But I donīt know if this is intended to be like this or if this is a Bug. It doesnīt bother me really, since I enter them by hand also. I was just curious if I am doing something wrong. But maybe the Remote buttons do not work with ADC (cards) in reality too. Who knows.

IP Logged

BrianG

Reply #201 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 3:32am
Print Post  
Hi CoolP,
I'm just a little confused on your tutorial instructions.

Delete all entries after #05 and replace them with these two
Code:
Window06=INS Control Display Units
window07=INS MSU+ADEU

This will give us only two windows for the INS were MSU+ADEU are combined in one and the CDUs with the flags and switches in the other

Do your instruction  mean one should keep everything in Window 5, then add "Window06=INS Control Display Units
window07=INS MSU+ADEU" just below the content of window 5, then delete all of window, 6.7 and 8, leaving all the Vcockpit's in tact? I was just uncertain when it said "delete all entries after #5. Can you show me what this finished and corrected section should look like.
Thanks so much for all your time and effort in helping us with this. Much appreciated

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #202 - Jul 15th, 2011 at 3:37am
Print Post  
No problem, Brian.
You can download a fully edited panel.cfg from the link given in the tutorial to compare your results.
Edited:
For the guys who don't want to go through the manual steps here, you can download a complete set of the necessary panel.cfg files. They include all current 707 variants and work with 1.3. http://www.mediafire.com/?449zzlmmy9dpmpl

Quote:
Delete all entries after #05 and replace them with these two

indeed means that all entries after 05 should get replaced with the new ones posted.

buedi, I still have to test how my other Civa planes handle the remote filling of the DME coordinates with only one ADEU reader.
From the theory, this should work like on a normal flight plan card.

IP Logged

giorgio nicola

Reply #203 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
maybe (very probably) I'm stupid, but I don't know how to perform a DME allignment...
Huh

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #204 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Hi, giorgio.
That process was discussed on some length in this thread, which is why the search for DME update (not alignment) gave me quite some returns.
Maybe you just jump into the linked posts and then explain which step is the most unknown/unclear one, ok?
Be aware that the docs in the Civa folder also include a tutorial which explains the single and the dual DME update in its chapters 6 and 7.
I hope this all doesn't sound too rude, but it's difficult to go through already discussed items again and again, so I just point to the 'it's already there' fact.  Smiley

And here are the search results. Mainly start reading at page 10 of this thread to see how Sanal and Mark went through the updating process if you like.
And you are definitely not stupid to struggle there, the thing is a somehow cryptic and tricky one, no doubts.  Smiley

IP Logged

giorgio nicola

Reply #205 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
ok, I'll check at page 10...

I tried to read all thte posts untill page 5, then a great headache took me... CIVA INS is a really challenging (and interesting)app!!

IP Logged

buedi

Reply #206 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Giorgio, you could also watch the Multipart Tutorial on Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF0-ZbvjrEw

It gives a nice introduction into the CIVA INS and allowed me to use it without reading much of the manuals. Afterwards however I read all the manuals and was tempted to create additional Tutorials because there are a lot of things not described or slightly wrong described in the Youtoube Video Tutorials. But to get started (also with the DME update), they are fantastic.

IP Logged

giorgio nicola

Reply #207 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 8:55am
Print Post  
thankyou guys, with this thread and the video tutorial all is getting clear!

thanks so much

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #208 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Once you get a good understanding of the CIVA INS I'm sure you'll enjoy using it. I know I do, and I am still learning about it. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #209 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
Quote:
and I am still learning about it.

Me too. I e. g. learned that one should really watch the buttons pressed regarding the coordinates. I, more than once, entered E instead of W and wondered about the big offset then.
Strange thing, I never failed on N and S so far.  Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top