Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
 25 CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE (Read 327075 times)
CoolP

Re: CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE
Reply #105 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 1:19pm
Print Post  
As I understand at present CIVA system in VC is only a pure visual joy.
That's the way it is, yes. You can show some coordinates (not the Civa processed ones, but the ones from FSX itself) and the alert signs there though. So it's partially operative if you'd like to say so.

Yet I am curious how many CIVA systems are present in VC after panel.cfg file modification? I suppose both Bendix doppler navigation systems should be replaced by two CIVAs.
That's where the tricky part comes in.

Without tweaking the Civa gauges itself (which would require knowledge and approval of course), you can place them in the VC but they will be flat and the 3D model of the airplane (which most likely isn't flat at all) then makes them look "strange" (can't describe it any better, one has to see this for himself).

The other and much more important limitation then would be that every unit can only be shown once at a time.
So while you could place some Civa CDUs in the VC, they can't be present as 2D popups too.
CDU 1 can only be shown once, so does CDU 2. Placing them both in the VC and opening up a 2D popup (for the ease of operating them) will fail and most likely make the VC ones look odd and useless.
There's some plane on the market using the Civas in the VC and on a 2D popup at the same time, but this one plane has unique Civa gauges, tweaked and protected, so we can't compare them to our freeware source here.

I've covered these limitations in another thread before, so see this as the brief version.  Smiley

IP Logged

Gambler
Ex Member

Reply #106 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
OK, let me describe what I would like to see after CIVA installation on-board CS 707:

- Virtual Cockpit: two CIVA systems replacing both Bendix doppler systems but those CIVAs would be only eye-candy mock-ups

- 2D panels: two working CIVA systems which I could use for navigation and DME course corrections

So I have one simple question: Is it possible at all after some panel.cfg tweaking?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #107 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 1:45am
Print Post  
Virtual Cockpit: two CIVA systems replacing both Bendix doppler systems but those CIVAs would be only eye-candy mock-ups
Captain Sim will need to model this in the VC. We can only hope they do it in a future update.

2D panels: two working CIVA systems which I could use for navigation and DME course corrections
CoolP shows how to do this in great detail HERE. It is reply #9 of this very Topic. Wink

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #108 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
Is it possible at all after some panel.cfg tweaking?
To give a short answer with my limited knowledge: No.  Sad

The VC and 2D usage (at the same time) is not available in the Civa gauges, so one has to rework them like another dev did on his bird (and his only, being protected stuff).
I remember CS stating that they've tried to write to the Civa guys (remember, this is some "older" freeware, so I actually don't know if there is a real team to write to for example).
The last information was that they didn't get an answer there. So the will from the CS side is there.
So far, I'm really pleased by the optics of that 707 VC dummy (e. g. if the lights come up, looks very nice), but sadly, it stays a dummy and the only mid-term solution to drive Civa INS in that bird is to stay 2D only.

We could do a VC only thing (no easy to operate 2D panel then) as this would be well within the Civa freeware limits, but I haven't tried this very much so far as the 3D model of the VC interferes with the actual optics of the gauges. This 3D alignment is well beyond my knowledge too.
But this 3D VC thing would also mean that you have to switch your viewpoint to "close to INS" to actually operate the units as no 2D popup would work then.
So the 2D version stays the best one to use so far and I'm ok with it.

I've four birds (three from CS) in my hangar now (one was added today hint, hint), using this setup, while another one is the thing from that other dev and with the tweaked gauges.
So I have five Civa driven aircrafts around, all of them nice and fun to fly.  Smiley

IP Logged

Gambler
Ex Member

Reply #109 - Jan 31st, 2011 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
So it looks like the best choice for CS oldies is to add two or three CIVAs in 2D panels and leave their VC untouched. Not very realistic but acceptable. Possibly CS 707 has some switch in VC to choose between INS/DNS/NAV autopilot mode. 

BTW - Could you tell me how good Doppler navigation system on 707 is?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #110 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
BTW - Could you tell me how good Doppler navigation system on 707 is?

It works very well. Smiley

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #111 - Feb 2nd, 2011 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Possibly CS 707 has some switch in VC to choose between INS/DNS/NAV autopilot mode.

You can follow INS or Doppler (that's one switch), or just let it follow some radial or the Localizer (that's an AP mode), so all modes are operational.
Check out the 707 page at the CS shop, the manuals are free to download and you can check out details there.

IP Logged

Mric29

Reply #112 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 1:59am
Print Post  
How could i do to remove CIVA system in virtual cockpit?

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #113 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Mric29 wrote on Feb 17th, 2011 at 1:59am:
How could i do to remove CIVA system in virtual cockpit?

Why would you want to do that?

But to answer your question: Yes, you could remove the texture showing up there but the 3D model (the elevation of the knobs for example) will stay as it's in the model of the plane. So you would have some black hole with a 3D structure then, if I'm assuming right.

Does the nice looking VC unit annoy or distract you? I still like it although it's a dummy unit with just some lights on.

IP Logged

Mric29

Reply #114 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 17th, 2011 at 2:35am:
Why would you want to do that?

But to answer your question: Yes, you could remove the texture showing up there but the 3D model (the elevation of the knobs for example) will stay as it's in the model of the plane. So you would have some black hole with a 3D structure then, if I'm assuming right.

Does the nice looking VC unit annoy or distract you? I still like it although it's a dummy unit with just some lights on.

I kept the old 3D model in 'csx701_1000' so I'm going to put it back. I don't know how to use correctly CIVA INS, so it's useless and ugly.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #115 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:15am
Print Post  
Quote:
CIVA INS, so it's useless and ugly.

Ouch, that did hurt as I'm a Civa fan.  Sad
Just kidding, I'm ok with your opinion but I can tell you that when you have gotten on that tricky thing, you wanna ride it all the time.  Cheesy
I even like watching the numbers "go by". Seems like I'm an addict, huh?

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #116 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:47am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:15am:
Seems like I'm an addict, huh?

Sure does sound that way to me! Grin

If you were NOT, then we wouldn't have that great Dual INS mod for our 707. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #117 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 9:11am
Print Post  
And we even have to fear that it's happening again on the upcoming 737.  Cool

IP Logged

gflyer

Reply #118 - Feb 19th, 2011 at 3:14am
Print Post  
Cool IP.. your instructions say if I want a dual ADEU to ask for it.. I thought it was there, but when working with eyefinity I messed up my files and had to redo ur install, now I only have 1 ADEU.. Can you tell me how to get the second ADEU back?

Thanks,
Gflyer

Never mind, figured it out.. Problem I am having is get CS simicons to load with eyefinity going, doesnt display and cause corrupt mouse.. has to be a resolution problem.. any ideas?

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #119 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 8:37pm
Print Post  
Hi CoolIP.

I am experiencing problems with CIVA INS in 707.
Every time I open the INS, position already filled with coordinates.
I tried to fill right coordinates from Shift+z, but  INS overrides the Shift+Z  coordinates,Therefore I cant go further then  stage 6.5. Sad

How can I prevent INS filling the position coordinates?
Thanks
Sanal

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top