Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
 25 CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE (Read 326952 times)
CoolP

Re: CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE
Reply #90 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 7:26am
Print Post  
I already did, Mark.

The one gauge went into the VCockpit section, so the shift-1 usage remains to be valid for the original Captain Sim solution only while mine now initializes when loading the plane.

Thanks for your help on this, guys.

IP Logged

aceridgey

Reply #91 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
***cooolp,

I think with your latest edit, the landing gear is now not visible in external view, if you start on the ground.,

reverting back to original panel file solves the issue..

could you perhaps test this, and also copy and past the full section of your config under the gauge 27 bit,

==edit,

still no power in the +CIVA INS 2D panel

==EDIT,

ok so i think it is to do with window 06.

Like Mark on the previous page he was window 00 and window06 with the

gauge03=../civa/INS!Config,         0,    0,  0, 0, csx701

I just put that in so my config looks like this . pressed shift and 1, and it works!!
[coolp check the first post,
is not under your window00, it is only 04 and 05]

[Window00]
file=bg.bmp
background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=1024,768
window_size_ratio=1.00 
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL
render_3d_window=0
window_size= 1.000, 1.000
window_pos= 0.000, 0.000
gauge00=Captain_Sim.x707.sys!main, 0,0, 2,2
gauge01=Captain_Sim.x707.sound!main, 0,0,1,1,Captain_Sim\707\sound.ini
gauge02=Captain_Sim.x707.tools!icons, 0,532,24,120
gauge03=Captain_Sim.x707.gpws!main, 0,0,1,1
;CIVA
gauge04=../civa/INS!CduPanelIconB,   0,  652, 24, 24, 11041
gauge05=../civa/INS!AdeuPanelIconB,  0,  676, 24, 24, 11042

;CIVA
[Window06]
size_mm=420,223
background_color=0,0,0
window_pos=0.300, 0.160
position=0
visible=0
ident=11041
no_luminous=1
gauge00=../civa/INS!Config,         0,    0,  0, 0, csx701
gauge01=../civa/ins!Cdu1,   0,  0, 200, 158
gauge02=../civa/ins!Cdu2, 200,  0, 200, 158
gauge03=../civa/INS!UpdateFlags, 150, 160, 115, 63
gauge04=../civa/INS!CduPanelIconB,      400, 0, 20, 20, 11041
gauge05=../civa/INS!NavModeDual,      270, 160, 50, 45
gauge06=../civa/INS!AdeuPanelIconB,      400, 138, 20, 20, 11042

IP Logged

aceridgey

Reply #92 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:58pm
Print Post  
sorry guys, i am giving up on this one,.

even with the lights working on ins, the 707 didnt follow the routing.

Also,

The CIVA INS software currupts my FSX, with IVAO [IVAP]
So when i start IVAP in any aircraft now i get a 30% reduction in fps.
I thought it was the FSL concorde a couple of windows installations ago, but i am 95% sure, that it is the ins panel,

Mark, CoolP i greatly appricate your help, but i have uninstalled the 707 for good,
I wish there wasnt so much strinchent rules on refunds, becuase for me i have completely wasted £45 which i cannot replace.

thanks again

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #93 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
The fps thing might happen because overlay panels and undocked 2D ones might interfere with the antialiasing setting of your graphic card. This is a general issue, not a special Civa INS one.
If you use a Nvidia card, try "override" instead of "enhance" in the AA policy. This can be done via the great Nvidia Inspector. Just google the phrase and you will find the downloads and guides. It's freeware.
ATI cards surely have AA triggers too and I have to state clearly that the Civa won't affect fps by design in any way so there surely is something else causing this.

As for the guidance stuff, you should make sure to have all switches set up correctly. INS aligned, Nav mode active, Nav mode switch (if using my modification) and the INS/Doppler switch on the 707 should be mentioned there.
The next thing will be the AP and FD setting. So there are some sources for "no guidance" of course.

I wouldn't blame Captain Sim for INS problems at all. This is an addon module and it works fine. We can't really rule out some more or less big error on your system or setup causing this, so the refund wish lacks a bit of an objective viewpoint in my eyes.
They mainly deliver a complete aircraft with the Doppler system. The INS is an addition (which works) but isn't necessary to drive the thing.
If I could read more complains about it, we might come to a point where CS would be to blame, but if the setup is done correctly, this additional gauge drives your AP, adds some useful data and doesn't affect the performance at all.
I know it can be unsatisfying to read this but, as I pointed out above, there are quite some settings to get mixed up. Maybe you're a victim of at least one of them and as long as the input stays diffuse, help will be somehow catchy.

I also wonder about your reports which can't be reproduced here. My modification can not for example cause any problem with the landing gear showing or not. I can't, because the gauges there aren't connected to such things in any way.
I hope you don't feel offended if I use the example of someone telling my that he pulled the plug of his monitor and now his fridge isn't working anymore. But that's pretty much my impression about some things there.

Let me assure you that I have tested my small Civa integration and I think some other guys did too (as they are using it or used it as a start point).
As we are all humans, problems and mistakes surely can arise but I can't see any of this in the tutorial and the only non-working reports so far were caused by faulty editing the stuff, which is a human factor too, no problem with that of course.

So maybe a short break from all 707 stuff will lead to a fresh minded approach after some days or so. 1.2 is working, with and without Civa INS.
One has to make sure that no other software with e. g. guidance control interferes it and as we all use our sim with loads of addons, this can sometimes be hard to oversee.

IP Logged

aceridgey

Reply #94 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:25pm
Print Post  

Hi coolp,

i use inspector, so AA is not done through any FSX setting..

Also,

Everytime i fly in the uk, and say, do a flight plan west,

the ins engages, and the heading selector will ALWAYS fix on north..

every time i reproduce it

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #95 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
i use inspector, so AA is not done through any FSX setting..
Perfect. So try the "override" instead of the "enhance" flag at the antialiasing options there and test again.
As said before, the Civa INS doesn't affect the fps at all but the handling of the antialiasing of popup windows (which is a global one for FSX) surely does.

Everytime i fly in the uk, and say, do a flight plan west,

the ins engages, and the heading selector will ALWAYS fix on north..

every time i reproduce it

I have no doubt that you can reproduce this behavior, but no one else can so far. That's an indicator of a system based or user caused error and therefor not a general fault (so far).
I'm sure we can help you here, on a user basis, but we need some information about how you get the INS ready for navigation and how you operate the AP and FD on the 707.

I also suggest to use and test the Doppler system first as this is the intended way of operating the 707. Captain Sim planned and programed her to use this while the INS is an optional thing.

IP Logged

aceridgey

Reply #96 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:59pm
Print Post  

it has been on override,
i am almost certain its the ins civa,

when i go back to it, i will learn how to fly with doppler

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

CIVA/INS and Autopilit
Reply #97 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Alright, maybe I'm stupid,
  I can't get autopilot to work. I installed the CIVA and changed the panel.cfg over, but I can't get it to work. It just turns on and that's it. As well, how does autopilot work on this thing? I put in a VOR the other day and set it to vor and it flew my the wrong direction all together. So, can somebody please explain this to me in a way a little easier to understand than the manual? (I swear I don't even see the things the CIVA tutorial is talking about)

Thanks

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #98 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
There is a switch on the panel in front of the pilot (with a cover over it), by default it is set to DNS, it needs to be switched to INS or the CIVA-INS wont work.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Viethson

Reply #99 - Jan 22nd, 2011 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Hi folks,

don´t you think that the INS drifts a little bit too fast? It´s great to have an INS that realisticaly drifts but without DME update this INS is more or less useless after 10-15 minutes. That seems to be a little too fast. I mean if you cross the pond it has to work for hours until you get a chance for a DME update.
Or maybe the INS does actually not drift so much but the index is over five within 10 minutes  Shocked
The same INS in Concorde X works much more stable.
Is there a way to adjust the drift/index  rate?

Cheers,
Marc

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #100 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Hi Marc.

I don't think that the INS drifts that much or that quickly for me. I found on a flight from SEA to HNL, in being over the Pacific for about four hours, I was about 1 mile off the track when I came within sight of the Hawaiian coast. You can align the INS once you get in range of VOR with DME in the usual way for the CIVA INS (or at least I believe you can with a single unit).

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #101 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 1:28am
Print Post  
Welcome back, Mark.  Smiley

I have to join in to Viethson's post but I wouldn't say that it drifts too fast but faster than on the Concorde for example. I usually start my DME update at the gate (if I get reception from a DME of course), so that I don't have to care much on the initial climb until level off.

Maybe they've tweak the behavior on the Conc as she really needs the accuracy there and travels a lot fast while developing a higher need for fast updates.

I'm not so much into the actual gauges and I also haven't really measured the loss if alignment, but my subjective feeling is the same as Viethson's, the gauges in our birds are more sensible.

Maybe some rw flyer can explain what actually leads to faster loss of alignment. I could image that a straight and level flight will hold the INS in shape while all turns and climbs lead to fast misalignment.
As you turn and climb out your SID, you may therefore have the highest need for an updated INS.

IP Logged

Viethson

Reply #102 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
Hello again,

you´re right. Maybe the INS actually doesn´t drift so much.
A normal rate would be about 2 miles per hour of operation.
I am a rw flyer, but todays INSs are linked to a FMS and so there is an INS position which is a mix of all individual INS positions a GPS position (if thus equipped) and a FMS position which is also updated by radio beacons (if no GPS avail) so there also is a radio position  Cheesy
The radios don´t update the INS itself but the FMS position which is then presented on the nav display.
What you would check after a flight is the offset of all individual INS positions from the mixed INS position and also the ground speed after parking brakes set. After some hours it is usually showing some knots (btw 0-5). If above 5 we usually realign the INSs.
I do the GS check after the flight in FSX too and it usually shows speeds around 3-5 knots so that seems OK to me.

But what about the accuracy index? When we start with 0 after alignment can it be 5 or worse after 20min of flight?
Or is that normal? Haven´t seen a real CIVA INS working yet...

Thanks for your replys  Smiley
Marc

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #103 - Jan 25th, 2011 at 3:23am
Print Post  
Maybe Lou drove some of the former INS navigated birds then.

Otherwise a former real Concorde pilot would be welcome too as this one was INS only.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Gambler
Ex Member

Reply #104 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 12:36am
Print Post  
As I understand at present CIVA system in VC is only a pure visual joy. Yet I am curious how many CIVA systems are present in VC after panel.cfg file modification? I suppose both Bendix doppler navigation systems should be replaced by two CIVAs.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top