25 The New 707! (Read 19661 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: The New 707!
Reply #15 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 11:05am
Print Post  
McCartney95 wrote on Aug 18th, 2010 at 11:13am:
I've read that there will be 4x Textures. Do I understand correctly?, the 4x Textures has more Quality and Realism than the standard CS Textures. So they have the same Level of Macphat Textures?

McPhat UHDT have higher definition at 4096.  Captain Sim textures have the super high def at 2048.  Which brings up the question: do people need to changing their texture max load value in their config file to 2048 to fully appreciate the super high def textures?

Captain Sim's textures set a new standard for developers as they are.  If you want to appreciate them, zoom in on the engines and read the Pratt and Whitney logo Smiley

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

McCartney95

Reply #16 - Aug 21st, 2010 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Ah now I can see it ok both question solved

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #17 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Ive got a few minor problems with the 707:

- firebell wont silence after fire-test, the bell-silencer switch on the right side of the glareshield wont stopp the bell ringing
- both rear tires on the left main landing gear don't turn, anyone else got this? (might just be a problem after running the AES-configuration)
- the duct-overheat-reset button will illuminate the overheat lights just beside the button (I think it should extinguish them, but the pack o-heat lights do extinguish)
- the red LH-bottle inactive light on teh F/E-panel is burning all the time, and I dont know why?
- the blue cabin-attendant light one the overhead-panel is illuminated all the time, and I can't extinguish it

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #18 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
TheFinn wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 at 11:34am:

- firebell wont silence after fire-test, the bell-silencer switch on the right side of the glareshield wont stopp the bell ringing
- both rear tires on the left main landing gear don't turn, anyone else got this? (might just be a problem after running the AES-configuration)
- the duct-overheat-reset button will illuminate the overheat lights just beside the button (I think it should extinguish them, but the pack o-heat lights do extinguish)
- the red LH-bottle inactive light on teh F/E-panel is burning all the time, and I dont know why?
- the blue cabin-attendant light one the overhead-panel is illuminated all the time, and I can't extinguish it

Hi.

I agree on all except the "the red LH-bottle inactive light on teh F/E-panel is burning all the time. Sometimes it is on and won't extinguish, other times it stays off for the entire flight "and I don't know why!"

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

SlipperySlopes

Reply #19 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I want this plane so badly, unfortunately I have reached my quota on aircraft for a month or two.

&&Boeing 707-300 | Boeing 727-100 / 200 | Boeing 757-200 / 300

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #20 - Aug 24th, 2010 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
On the overhead there is an Oxygen panel.  My PASS and PERS light up during the flight.. some sort of valve.  Any thoughts?

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #21 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Just a reminder for all - if you believe you found a bug anf want your report to be forwarded to development team for consideration please check-in to Your Profile then click Product Name > Customer Support > to submit a Ticket. Thank you for cooperation.

IP Logged

Nyxx

Reply #22 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 8:45am
Print Post  
TheFinn wrote on Aug 24th, 2010 at 11:34am:

Yes I have all these, all small bugs. Love the 707 CS best so far by a long way imho.

@Capain sim 2
These are your forums for customers to come and share there finding, you read them, its your product we are reporting on.
If you have taken to time to read these posts is it asking to much for you to act on your customers feed back on your forums?

Have a great flight Smiley

Dave.&&

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #23 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Dont worry, I'll re-check all those points and afterwards I'm going to create a ticket for each bug I've found.  Wink

Was just wondering if anyone else has got the same problems...

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #24 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 8:47am
Print Post  
Did another test-flight, and the list is getting longer:  Roll Eyes

- Both rear wheels on the left main landing gear dont turn (NOT an AES configuration problem)
- The firewarningbell-silencer on the glareshield dont work
- The ductoverheat-reset button on the upper F/E-panel illumiates the ductoverheat-lights right beside the button
- Elevator trim is too sensitive, and the trim-wheel moves too slow (should turn much faster and make more revolutions while trimming the elevator)
- The cabin pressurization-system doesn't work, and when turning the manual control the cabin-variometer moves even without having bleed-air to pressurize the cabin
- LH Bottle Inactive light on the F/E-panel illuminates after starting engine #3
- Essential Power works, even if the corresponding curcuit is closed, e.g. ESS PWR of GEN #2 should't work if the curcuit of GEN #2 is tripped
- Generator frequency calibration knobs dont work
- copilots flight director doesnt show up, on glide slope it moves around in the cockpit
- Flight director is connected to the autopilot, which is wrong and it makes the F/D controlunit uselsess. The autopilot and the flight director are two seperate systems which are not connected with each other.
- Transponder active-light doesnt work
- Annoying "Dont sink" on landing with 500ft/min sink rate
- Right/left clicking is tricky on some controls like the COMM/NAV
- The 707-300 didnt had HF-Antennas on the trailing edge of its wingtips

And now, I'm gonna make some tickets...  Cheesy

IP Logged

Nyxx

Reply #25 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Great work Finn

I always thought it would be nice to have the sound of the trim wheel working when on AP. No one so far has done that.

Dave.&&

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #26 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Ok, I've made 12 tickets so far, and i just saw an update on the list for the next update:
- The 1000-Feet Pointer stops working once I reach 20,000 ft. on C01 Altimeter
- Doppler is not operating correctly
- Left main landing gear: кear two wheels don't move

IP Logged

felks

Reply #27 - Aug 26th, 2010 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
I agree , great work Finn
I am glad you mentioned the wingtip HF antennas.That is an annoying visual error for the price tag.
Regards

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #28 - Aug 27th, 2010 at 4:47am
Print Post  
Some of the points Ive mentioned already have been added to the list for the next update, go check it out!  Cheesy

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #29 - Aug 30th, 2010 at 5:58am
Print Post  
EDIT 31.08.2010 16:00 UTC

Just a small update on the "bug-list":

On the list for the next update are:
# It would be nice to have 2D pop-up panel for autopilot.
# The 707-300 series didnt have extra (3rd) VHF blade antenna on the roof just in front of the vertical stabiliser.
# The RAT and SAT gauges only display 00.0 C and 0.0 Plus when SAT should be indicating around -35C at FL320. Should indicate ambient temp on ground and OAT at altitude.
# Can we have CIVA INS in VC?
# The flight director on the co-pilot side doesnt show up, and if on a glide slope, the pitch command bar is moving through the cockpit.
# The 1000-Feet Pointer stops working once I reach 20,000 ft. on C01 Altimeter.
# Doppler is not operating correctly.
# Left main landing gear: кear two wheels don't move.
# The 300-Series didn't have HF antennas on the tips on the trailing edge of the wings.
# Fire Alarm Bell Cutout Switch should silence the fire warning bell, but it does not.
# The blue cabin attendand call light on the overhead panel stays illumiated all the time, and cant be extinguished.
# Duct Overheat Reset Button on Air Conditioning panel when pressed should extinguish the duct overheat light next to the reset button.

Still open tickets are:
- Cabin pressurization system
- LH Bottle inactive light
- Frequency control knobs
- Flight-director should work with A/P off
- Transponder active light
- Elevator trim
- "Dont sink" message
- A/P disconnect light stays illuminated if you click on it (to extinguish) in the moment its illuminated
- Fuel low pressure lights dont come on if the fuel tank is empty, only when the pump is turned off
- Anti-Skid Test Switch doesnt work
- Ailerons on the right wing move in the wrong direction

Closed tickets are:
- Essential Power working, even with tripped curcuit. And thats because its according to 707 manuals. And I've checked it on the DF727, where you get ESS PWR too as soon as the GEN is turned on (even with tripped BUS and curcuit).
And in this case, the electric system (except from the freq. knobs) on the CS707 is working as it should.

Additional bugs???
Now, as I was reading through the forum, I saw some other bugs I havnt found so far. Are there any more bugs which have to be reported via the ticketing system?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top