Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
? what's that ? (Read 1274 times)
Emi

? what's that ?
May 16th, 2010 at 7:44am
Print Post  
on my last flight with the quantas 767 over australia:
i was reaching the cruise altitude, and the clock said that i was flying at about 24 minuits now, and suddenly that fs stopped doing anything. i used the windows taskmanager to go back to my desktop, because i thought that fsx had crashed. when i had opened the taskmanager to go back to fs (which was still running) i was able to fly ab about 10 seconds again... then when i checked the flightinstruments to look if there was something abnormal, suddenly everything started failing, and then the 767 was suddenly in the panelstate in which it normally is when i load the aircraft normally out of the fs menu...
i had to make an emergency land in brisbane, because the IRS failed and the whole FSM data was deleted (the fms screen showed the normal INIT REF page, but without any pilot entered datas in it)
the autopilot can't be tured on either, even if i switch all systems of in flight and start them new. same for the APU! Cry

does any other one have the same problems with the CS aircrafts?
(on my 757 the same thing appears sometimes)
and can anyone help me ore show me an other topic where this has been answered befor? (if one exist... at least i can't find one)

could it be that this is an mistake in programming the 757/767?

IP Logged

mbucholski

Re: ? what's that ?
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2010 at 8:09am
Print Post  
I had the same problem and what helped was reinstalling the plane and FSUIPC afterwards. Now I use the default AirCreation to start with, I load that thing, then I choose the Cold&Dark flight that comes with CS767. Never had that problem since then. The kind of freeze sort of thing that you're describing, looks like a memory leak to me.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top