Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1]  Send TopicPrint
 10 getting annoyed with the gps and auto pilot cuttin (Read 16294 times)
giggsy07

getting annoyed with the gps and auto pilot cuttin
Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
can some one please help once i start flying about 10 mins into it some times shorter the power to the gps radios and auto pilot go any idears why i am stuck manage to get power to them then 5 mins later it all happens again

IP Logged

JB

Re: getting annoyed with the gps and auto pilot cuttin
Reply #1 - Mar 15th, 2010 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
I have the same problem sometimes.

It doesn't happen all the time, but sometimes suddenly the GPS, AP and the landing gear will stop working.

It really messes up a great flight to find out you have no landing gear
on final approach.

Ctrl-Alt-Enter-Enter doesn't do anything.  Never has?

IP Logged

santafejay

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2010 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you flying on battery power.  Check before you takeoff that the generators for each engine are set.

santafejay&&

IP Logged

Ciboulette

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2010 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
giggsy07 wrote on Feb 27th, 2010 at 3:58pm:
can some one please help once i start flying about 10 mins into it some times shorter the power to the gps radios and auto pilot go any idears why i am stuck manage to get power to them then 5 mins later it all happens again

If You started up your engines with battery make sure you switched off the "AC Bus Tie Switch" after engines start (C130 sys and equipments p20).

Also you should try making a default flight using default cessna with battery and avionics on.

IP Logged

ozflyer

Reply #4 - Jul 14th, 2010 at 6:15am
Print Post  
I have exactly the same problem ( including the nav radios) and it spoils an otherwise excellent sim.

I have the electrics set as suggested but no matter what I do it happens on every flight. I have noticed that sometimes the 3 control motors switch off when power is lost.

I put a ticket in to C.S. and got a response "Thank you for your issue report, the issue is forwarded to our development team for consideration. "  on 3 July. Not really sure what that means - hopefully it hasn't gone into the "too hard basket". I will post any response here.

If anyone has a suggestion I will give it a go.

Sad

Patrick&&&&Intel i7-2600k&&8 GB Ram&&Windows 7 home premium 64bit&&NVIDIA GTX 560&&Samsung 24in monitor 1920*1200&&&&FSX Acceleration

IP Logged

ozflyer

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2010 at 8:02am
Print Post  
I thought I would try an uninstall again, but this time I would not agree to let the installer add the included sound program it seeks permission for near the end of the install.

Guess what, I have now flown 3 sorties and everything worked perfectly, no loss of autopilot, nav radios worked fine and the sound was the same as normal.

It really is a great sim. when it all works.   Smiley

Patrick&&&&Intel i7-2600k&&8 GB Ram&&Windows 7 home premium 64bit&&NVIDIA GTX 560&&Samsung 24in monitor 1920*1200&&&&FSX Acceleration

IP Logged

Antonio P

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2011 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
ozflyer wrote on Jul 18th, 2010 at 8:02am:
I thought I would try an uninstall again, but this time I would not agree to let the installer add the included sound program it seeks permission for near the end of the install.

Guess what, I have now flown 3 sorties and everything worked perfectly, no loss of autopilot, nav radios worked fine and the sound was the same as normal.
)

Good!! I just spotted this problem. I'll try your solution.
Regards.

Antonio P&&IVAO 112192&&&&

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #7 - Aug 30th, 2011 at 10:37pm
Print Post  
This is becoming tedious Sad

I have read all the suggestions on this thread and the other http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1231365884/15
and I'm still getting the same problem. I have also reinstalled the program several times. In my case the duration of the flight doesn't seem to be an issue it's when I start a let down from altitude or reaching the 10k ATC transmissions, I lose COM, VHF, GPS, AP. I have tried the Cessna default, using a keystroke command for AV master, generator on/off and AP on/off. Once the systems suddenly cut out nothing resets them. Going by the general thoughts that this is a power setting problem attached is a screenshot of the Eng upper panel. Can anyone see an incorrect setting or any other suggestion; is it feasible for the problem to be linked to ACE selections?

2011-8-30_22-22-16-906_500x400_480x384.jpg (Attachment deleted)

PC: i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16GB DDR4, 10GB RTX3080, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, WIN10 HOME, FSX, P3DV5

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 5:51am
Print Post  
The two switches (enclosed in the yellow box) in my attached image are placed into the HORZONTAL position - to the ESSENTIAL AC BUS, once all my engines are up and running. It could be worth giving that a try. I vaguely remember having the same problem when I first got the CS C-130 X-perience and that might have been how I overcame it.

C130_UpperOH.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #9 - Aug 31st, 2011 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark, I'll give that a try tonight and report back.

Ian

PC: i9-10850K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 16GB DDR4, 10GB RTX3080, 1TB SSD & 2TB HDD, WIN10 HOME, FSX, P3DV5

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #10 - Sep 1st, 2011 at 1:52am
Print Post  
Mark, you're a genius and master guru, many thanks for aiding me in completing a successful flight.  Grin

IP Logged

Chigley

Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
A twist to the tale.
Hoping to continue with trouble free flying I flew the Herc again last night only to have the cut out problem reoccur. Being somewhat miffed by this I set about some general handling and failure simulation. Attempting to restart feathered engines kept me amused for quite a while whilst generally flying in circles. To my total surprise the systems that had cut out magically came on line again enabling me to complete the planned sortie. This has lead me to think about the possibility that the trouble could be program/processor overload; in that the program/processor gets maxxed out and shuts down the AP, GPS etc systems then takes xx minutes to sort itself out and reinstate the shut down systems.
What are the feelings/thoughts about this scenario?

Ian

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Sep 2nd, 2011 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
It is possible. FSX is CPU intensive which could lead to you CPU getting hot, even more so if it is Overclocked as well. O/C CPU generates more heat than at the normal clock speed so IF that is the problem, it could be worth reducing the CPU clock seep just a bit. OR get a better cooling system like the Corsair H series.

I am seriously considering the Hydro Series™ H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler as a way to OC CPU without the worry of it getting too hot. Whether I get a new i7 2600K CPU and motherboard first remains to be seen.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

expat

Reply #13 - Jan 5th, 2012 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Mark,

Wrestling now with this same avioncs bug.  In the screenie of your OH panel you say:

Quote:
The two switches (enclosed in the yellow box) in my attached image are placed into the HORZONTAL position - to the ESSENTIAL AC BUS

The switches in your screenie to my eyes are VERTICAL.  Was this shot taken before you turned them to horizontal, or did you actually mean to leave the switches to "vertical" for the remainder of the flight?

Regards,

expat

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 2:54am
Print Post  
Hi expat.

You are correct. They ARE vertical, but if you follow the next eight (8) words after AC BUS, you will see that I stated that they are switched to the horizontal position AFTER the engines are running (started). Wink

Markoz wrote on Aug 31st, 2011 at 5:51am:
The two switches (enclosed in the yellow box) in my attached image are placed into the HORZONTAL position - to the ESSENTIAL AC BUS, once all my engines are up and running.

I will quite often put those switches to the horizontal position prior to starting the engines if I'm using the external power unit/cart. The SEL PWR OUT warnings will stay off when the switches are in that position AND I have turned on the External Power (SHIFT+2 then press [E]). See attached image.

Mark

C130_UpperOH2.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

expat

Reply #15 - Jan 6th, 2012 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Mark,

That's very helpful - many thanks.  Funny, I have been flying her around a bit with those switches in the VERTICAL position and have not lost the avionics power. What do you figure . .  will do it your way though from now on and report back any findings. 

Also, your advice elsewhere on how to manage the AP sorted me out.

expat Smiley

IP Logged

ottoramsaig

An earth bound misfit
I........

Reply #16 - Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 at 7:09pm:
It is possible. FSX is CPU intensive which could lead to you CPU getting hot, even more so if it is Overclocked as well. O/C CPU generates more heat than at the normal clock speed so IF that is the problem, it could be worth reducing the CPU clock seep just a bit. OR get a better cooling system like the Corsair H series.

I am seriously considering the Hydro Series™ H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler as a way to OC CPU without the worry of it getting too hot. Whether I get a new i7 2600K CPU and motherboard first remains to be seen.

Mark

You will not regret it. I have been running a liquid cooled Quad Core processor for 2 years and never had a CSD, FPS hickup.  The other night I did a little adjusting of the "Set Affinity" controls. I seen somewhere how to adjust the settings. It seems crazy but if you start FSX and the open the task manager to reveal the Affinity controls and delselect all 4 processors then click on only one then closing it assigns one processor, then you re-open it and reassign all the CPU's.  For some reason my frame rates go off the charts resulting in smooth running FSX. Now, I will tell you that I dropped my FPS to 24 frames as the real human eye can not detect anything above 22 FPS.  OPPS! I just drifted of subject.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #17 - Feb 28th, 2012 at 1:16am
Print Post  
ottoramsaig wrote on Feb 27th, 2012 at 6:37pm:
Markoz wrote on Sep 2nd, 2011 at 7:09pm:

Mark

You will not regret it. I have been running a liquid cooled Quad Core processor for 2 years and never had a CSD, FPS hickup.  The other night I did a little adjusting of the "Set Affinity" controls. I seen somewhere how to adjust the settings. It seems crazy but if you start FSX and the open the task manager to reveal the Affinity controls and delselect all 4 processors then click on only one then closing it assigns one processor, then you re-open it and reassign all the CPU's.  For some reason my frame rates go off the charts resulting in smooth running FSX. Now, I will tell you that I dropped my FPS to 24 frames as the real human eye can not detect anything above 22 FPS.  OPPS! I just drifted of subject.

It was my fault you went "off topic" because I was the one who mentioned the Hydro Series™ H80. Grin
I had considered changing the Affinity settings, but never actually done it. There is a lot that can be done to help get FSX to perform better, but I just haven't done them all. I get pretty good results with my current system as long as the sliders are not all set to maximum because I know my system isn't one of those whiz-bang-super-duper ones.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

lucatrader

Reply #18 - May 29th, 2012 at 1:31am
Print Post  
The two switches (enclosed in the yellow box) in my attached image are placed into the HORZONTAL position - to the ESSENTIAL AC BUS, once all my engines are up and running. It could be worth giving that a try. I vaguely remember having the same problem when I first got the CS C-130 X-perience and that might have been how I overcame it.

cool cool! problem fixed also here! thanks a lot Mark Grin Grin Grin

[url=http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?virboard=wxrb;num=1298995955]

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #19 - May 29th, 2012 at 3:40am
Print Post  
lucatrader wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 1:31am:

cool cool! problem fixed also here! thanks a lot Mark Grin Grin Grin

You're welcome. Wink

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top