Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
 25 FMC TIPS,TRICKS,PROCEDURES-the only thread please (Read 33055 times)
3Greens

Insufficient Fuel on FMC after upgrade
Reply #15 - Dec 27th, 2009 at 9:03pm
Print Post  
Hi Folks! Just checking to see if anyone has experienced this before I submit a report via the proper channels.

Anyway: I upgraded from 1.2 directly to 1.4. Since this upgrade I've noticed that when I now program a route of moderate length (Boston to Heathrow KBOS-EGLL for example) when I enter the CRZ ALT as FL300 I get an Insufficient Fuel alert on the FMC. I can select a lower altitude and the FMC seems happy with that.

Note that this did not happen prior to the 1.2-to-1.4 upgrade, so I don't think this is related to the existing KB article that states the fix was in 1.3, though this may have been an unexpected result of that fix.

If I insist on flying FL300 depsite the FMC's fuel warning, I get to Heathrow just fine, and with the expected fuel burn and quantity remaining (i.e Plenty of fuel left). "Seems like" (as I'm not a programmer" that the FMC is using some incorrect variable to calculate fuel needed, but the rest of the sim is using the usual one.

I can give much more detailed info here, or if nobody's seen this I'll send it to CS through the normal channels. Thanks!

IP Logged

deimos256

Any sort of tutorial for approaches with the FMC?
Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2009 at 12:24am
Print Post  
Hello, i can import a flightplan into the fmc but it goes downhill when i want to do an approach, the manual is pretty vague when it comes to inputting STARS.  Basically i select a star, a transition, and an approach, and when then when i get to about 30 miles of the STAR, the plane still hasnt desecended and does a hard right turn for absolutely no reason.  Any help, this is the second porked approach and im getting tired of wasting a 3 hour flight with this outcome.  Thanks for your time.

IP Logged

Bobby Singh

Re: Any sort of tutorial for approaches with the FMC?
Reply #17 - Dec 28th, 2009 at 1:02am
Print Post  
http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876 is good tutorial for inputting STARs. The problem is that by just using FS we don't get sufficient information on charts for arrival/departure. I use Navigraph. They have software that you can install on your pc for free and as a tryout they give you six free points worth three airports to try out. If you like it, you can then buy other airports. Its very reasonably priced and worth it when you want to do accurate SIDs/STARs.
You can also use FSx canned ATC to help you out if you don't want to spend any more money on anything. Basically, just create a FS flight plan using IFR VOR to VOR or hight altitude airways option in FSX and then import that into your FMC. Take off using ATC assigned runway and as soon as you engage AP and LNAV/VNAV, your plane should follow the route. When you are about 70 to 80 miles from destination, ATC will assign you landing runway. Using world map, find out the ILS frequency of the assigned runway and tune you aircraft to that. When you are given final approach parameters and heading, follow those and engage localizer and approach and you will capture glideslope for perfect landing.

IP Logged

deimos256

FMC calculates descent, then reverses it??
Reply #18 - Jan 6th, 2010 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
I have discovered a problem today, I created a flightplan within FSX and imported it into the FMC, I then selected RNAV runway 22r and hit activate, then i went into legs to correct a discontinuity, after filling in the gap, all of the altitudes change to create a descent profile, but as soon as i hit activate all those altitudes go back to my cruise alt.  For example one leg will be fl310 then the next will be 3000 feet.  This doesnt always happen, is there something i am doing wrong?

IP Logged

AlphaInfinity

RNAV approaches are not working with AIRAC 0911-09
Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I have tried several airports now but you can test this with the KMSO RNAV-y approach to Missoula. The FMC and Nav display do not populate waypoint data when you select an RNAV approach from the dep/arrival page.

Anybody else had any luck?

IP Logged

dougal

Question About Navdata and Other Info.....
Reply #20 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
I'm really beginning to like and enjoy this bird.  The graphics are just so good and so smooth....

Is there a way adding VHHX Kai Tak to the navdata?  I've done it with other addon aircraft, but the format is different for the CS addons.

For any 'doubters' that still say the CS VNAV & LNAV is no good, I've actually managed to program the FMC to fly this bird within about 1/3 mile of the touchdown zone at Toncontin (MHTG)!  Believe me, that is no mean feat either Shocked

Windows7 x64 & FSX&&B707&&B727-100 & 200 Pro Pack&&B737-200&&B757-200 & 300 Pro Pack&&B767-300 Base Pack&&C-130 Herc&&F-104 Starfighter&&B-52 BUFF&&B777-200

IP Logged

Aidan

FMC Help?
Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2010 at 11:56pm
Print Post  
This actually the first complex aircraft ive used I did get the FMC right once but later on it just climbs to cruise and then never programs a decent, I use routefindert for the routes Wink Anybody know what im doing wrong? Undecided

--&&Aidan Sandri.&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC Help?
Reply #22 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 2:00am
Print Post  
I have found that I only get a "descent" plan unless if I enter the RWY I'm going to land on and the STAR and the TRANS. This gives me a TD, and also the altitude constraints required at each of the waypoints after the TD. If you don't know the runway you are going to land on. Just choose any. NOTE: I have found that if I remove or change any of the waypoints in the STAR or TRANS I also lose the altitude constraints on ALL of them.

As a rule I fly VFR flights because the ATC is either pretty dumb or crazy and doesn't allow for STARs (I can sometimes get away with using SIDs) . I may fly an IFR plan one day though.  Wink

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

taech

Reply #23 - Jan 9th, 2010 at 2:01am
Print Post  
Hi
You need to tell the FMC when to decend in the VNAV 1/3 Decend now
And lower the MCP altitude
ED

IP Logged

deimos256

Reply #24 - Jan 10th, 2010 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
if you select a runway and a transition you shouldnt need to tell the fmc when to descend, it should alter legs to accomodate.  My fmc used to do this and now when i hit activate it just puts all my leg altitudes back to my cruise alt

IP Logged

taech

Reply #25 - Jan 14th, 2010 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Once you get good at FMC etc try VATSIM . . . talk to real ATC people far more enjoyable

IP Logged

Vienna1210

FMC - TIPS, TRICKS, PROCEDURES
Reply #26 - Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
i want to fly over atlantic for a long distance flight from brussels to new york.

therfore following route i found:
DENUT UL610 LAM UL179 CPT UL9 BURAK UM140 DOGAL 54N020W 54N030W 54N040W 53N050W HECKK DCT YAY N184B TOPPS J581 ENE

but the problem is...how do i set the "54N030W 54N040W 53N050W" transatlantic routes into the FMC ???
i can set the intersections, but the other it dont find....

any help??

thx and regards

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: FMC programming???
Reply #27 - Feb 27th, 2010 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Vienna1210 wrote on Feb 26th, 2010 at 6:04pm:
but the problem is...how do i set the "54N030W 54N040W 53N050W" transatlantic routes into the FMC ???

I believe you enter them like this:

N54W030  N54W040  N53W050

Read page 17 of the cs767_manual5.pdf  "PART V – Flight Management System" on how you enter those kinds of Waypoints.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Chrisv007

Need some tips please (FMC/cruize)
Reply #28 - Apr 12th, 2010 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
Hi guys,

I went throught all the documentation that came with the model but there is something I cant seem to figure out. I hope someone can help me with this as it's getting frustrating.

I must be doing something wrong. Here is what happens:

my setup:
(Software)
FSX
Radar Contact
FDC live cockpit
Super Flight Planner

(Hardware)
Duocore 3.4 Ghz
Radeon 8xxx graphics...sorry I dont remember the model
3 gigs of RAM
Saitek X52 flight system

- I file the propper flight plan and import it in the FMC (check for discontinuities etc)

- When everything is good, i get the propper clearances..so far, all is good.

- when in the climb phase, it seems that the FMC is not finishing the climb correctly and stops climbing before the correct altitude is reached. If I try to correct the situation by taking VNAV off and "force" the climb using the autopilot, it will try to climb the rest of the way but the airspeed is greatly affected and the plane stalls and goes into a spin (crashes).

Am i doing something wrong here? Why isnt the plane "listening" to what the FMC is telling it to do?

Thanks for any help. I would love to be able to take the plane from point A to B smoothly at some point. After 2 weeks I still have not landed it. I'm going completely nuts over this.  Cry

Chris

IP Logged

Chrisv007

Re: FMC - TIPS, TRICKS, PROCEDURES
Reply #29 - Apr 13th, 2010 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Ok...I think I found out what I was doing wrong. I am pretty sure this had something to do with the weight of the AC. I lowered the fuel Quantity and I didnt get the problem. Will give it a shot again tonight at a higher altitude and post the results.

Chris

Chris

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top