Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Adding winglets without the ACE (Read 5760 times)
Launchbury

Adding winglets without the ACE
Dec 10th, 2009 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Hi Captain Sim,

The 727 ACE utility will not recognize my Super 27, I assume because I have created an all new aircraft folder for it "CS_B727-200F Super 27". Now because ACE cannot see it, I cannot configure the aircraft for winglets. Is there another way to configure the aircraft for winglets or get ACE to recognize the new folder?

Thanks.

IP Logged

kcgb

Re: Adding winglets without the ACE
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Go into the aircraft cfg and at the bottom of each fltsim it should have
"ui_wglts=0" change the 0 to 1 and you should have winglets

757 pro pack&&757 freighter &&C-130 base pack&&C-130 extra pack 1&&C-130 extra pack 2&&Xload&&767-300 Base Pack&&767 freighter&&767-200&&E-767 AWACS&&727-100 Base Pack&&727-200&&B52 BUFF&&727F&&707-300&&B-52 Driver&&Weapon&&&&[url="http://www.VectorLandclass.co.nz/"]&&;[/url]&&&&

IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:03pm
Print Post  
Interesting...I thought that both the regular and re-engined models for the 722F had winglets standard?

On the pax versions, I do know that setting "model=another company" will show the winglets, where as "model= " will not.

I guess the bigger question is whether or not there is an actual FSX performance bonus to the winglets or are they just a visual in the sim?

IP Logged

Tyrion

Aviation Student

Reply #3 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
the winglets are just a visual bonus, they (as far as I know) don't offer a performance bonus in FSX.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #4 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your inquiry.
It has been processed and new KB# 4704 added to the Knowledge Base. Please check-in to Your Profile  and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 4704.

IP Logged

Launchbury

Reply #5 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Matt2218 wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 at 12:03pm:
Interesting...I thought that both the regular and re-engined models for the 722F had winglets standard?

I guess the bigger question is whether or not there is an actual FSX performance bonus to the winglets or are they just a visual in the sim?

No 727 model came with winglets as standard equipment. There wasn't that kind of smoke and mirrors whiz-bang shenanigans back in the '60s!  Grin

The winglets are actually an option on the Quiet Wing upgrade. You can even have the quiet wing without the winglets. The quiet wing itself is far more complicated than just slapping on a pair of winglets, however, as it is actually a re-cambering of the wing and a redesign of the flap system, including a slight droop of the flaps and ailerons when in the neutral position.

Now the CS winglets and another company are just a visual whiz-bang. There's no change made to the performance. This is something else I'm hoping to fix with the Super 27 project, assuming I can get the winglets to work.

And here's what really gets my goat about the whole thing: For the 100 & 200 passenger series, there are .another company and .another company_re model folders, but for the freighter version there are only .f and .f_re models. There are no .f_another company_re models.

kcgb wrote on Dec 10th, 2009 at 7:19am:
Go into the aircraft cfg and at the bottom of each fltsim it should have
"ui_wglts=0" change the 0 to 1 and you should have winglets

No, there is no such line in the 727 .cfg Sad

And Captain Sim, I mean no disrespect, but your KB entry doesn't come close to answering my question. I asked is there a way to enter winglets on an aircraft WITHOUT the ACE editor. Either that or is there a way to make the ACE editor recognize a custom 727 folder? You answered:

Q: Can I configure all 727 models using ACE Editor?

A: Yes, you may add/remove liveries for all the model and perform preflight procedures.
Please note:
- You cannot remove winglets from 727-100 another company/RE and 727-200 another company/RE models
- You cannot add winglets to 727-100 UDF Model.

IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #6 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
LOL, no Rich I didn't mean in real life.  What I meant was that I thought the CS 722 "f" and "f_re" models both already included winglets....ie you get another company/winglets on the freighters whether you ACE it or not.

I'd be able to answer my own question if I was at home, but unfortunately I'm not right now. I hope I didn't muddy the waters too much here...

Good luck!
Matt

IP Logged

Launchbury

Reply #7 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Oh whoops, haha, sorry Matt I should have read into what you said a bit more. Actually by my best guess, winglets are off by default and you need ACE to turn them on. Problem is that ACE doesn't seem to leave any change to the .cfg file except changing the ui_type from "ui_type=727-200 Freighter" to "ui_type=727-200 another company Freighter".

Which kind of seems like that would be all there is to the puzzle, but once I move the aircraft to the Super 27 folder and add its [fltsim.x] entry to the Super 27 config, the winglets disappear from the aircraft. It really is the darnedest thing.

IP Logged

Matt2218

Reply #8 - Dec 10th, 2009 at 11:44pm
Print Post  
Rich;

Forget everything I said about being able to edit the aircraft.cfg...my experience was the same as yours.  That ACE is in charge it seems!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top