Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
 25 767 on FS2004? (Read 17209 times)
Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: 767 on FS2004?
Reply #30 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 12:09am
Print Post  
You see, it is statements like "you can't fly heavy aircraft in FSX" and "I need 40+ fps to be flyable" that are just not credibilty enhancing.  Generally, if you want to argue, you get further by coming within shouting distance of reality.

There are ways to get good performance in FSX and fly heavy airplanes any way you want, but it would obviously be a waste of time to discuss them in this thread, which is indeed pointless, or, rather, has a point that is a waste of time for most people.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

FMCS

Reply #31 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 12:10am
Print Post  
aal763 wrote on Jul 17th, 2009 at 5:29pm:
I am completely happy with my version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  What I don't understand, is why people keep pestering CaptainSim to make a product for FS9 when CaptainSim said NO.  No means no.  And like I said before, I may not get 40+ fps, but the 15-20fps I do get are extremely smooth.  Why should CaptainSim go backwards?

I hope you understand,
Robert

Robert, I don't believe you speak for or represent Captain Sim or it affiliates....Don't try so hard!

As for the other comments, 15-20 FPS is not completely smooth....According to many sources the human eye can detect stutters and jitters up to 30 FPS!!! So how many of you avid FSX users are getting that number? And if you are then your sliders are set so far back the game probably looks like FS2004 anyways...Not to mention if you have any weather enhancing programs, ground mesh and terrain... I have an extreme overclocked E8500 with 2 9800Gts cards liquid and air cooled and can't get more that 35 FPS (with all the sliders up) no additional Ai or scenery and with default aircraft!!!! Now imagine I added some hundreds of thousands of Ai flights over 700 airport scenery's, Mesh addons, etc, etc, etc....5 FPS would probably be the result.....

It's not that I want to start something here between FSX and FS9 users...I really don't care. I just wanted to know whether or not CS was going to develop a FS9 version of their new products? There is no crime in that...I think....

Frank Severino
Part-Time painter Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #32 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 12:39am
Print Post  
*Yaaaaaaaaawnnnn*

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

TROJ650

Reply #33 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 11:32am
Print Post  
I have both FSX and FS9, and continually go back to FS9 hands down. Its just a more polished SIM that doesnt slow down the decent computer system i have.

What developers also seem to forget for those of us that acually BUY and not PIRATEBAY our addons, its very disheartening to see developers give away making addons for FS9.

What they are effectivly doing is cornering themselves into just the FSX market, and effectivly throwing away profits.

There are other software companies that actually take the time to put a poll up to see if people would like either an FS9, FSX or BOTH product and HAMMER you would get a big HAMMER at the resounding respone that FS9 is the SIM of choice, wether you want to belive it or not.  Have a look at Flightsimmer.com if you dont believe me.

Not everyone can get mum or dad to buy them a new system ever two years, not everyone is on 100K jobs to afford the same.

IF microsoft had not shut down their FS division i could see a point with trying to discontinue all FS9 addons completely. But now that the market is left realistically with FSX and FS9, developers GIMP themselves by not catering for both.

Who wants to spend Thousands on a new comp for a 90 buck game and 80 buck addon.

Not me, no way. FS9 works MAXED out and 40+ FPS on a reasonable system.

Looks like im getting the Airbus series from Flightsimmer after all.

Happy simming to everyone.

Again it appears that Captain Sim didnt do the research to get the most out of their target audience FS9 and FSX simmers.

IP Logged

Hammer

Reply #34 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 11:44am
Print Post  
IMHO it's a good thing that ACES is shut down.  They werent gonna fix FSX anymore, instead moving onto FS11, and so now the hardware can catch up to FSX.

Flight sim is a hobby for many of us.  Hobbies usually require money for upkeep etc.

Anyone who denegrates the FS activity by calling it just an $80 game is disqualifying and discrediting themselves from having an opinionn we need to hear.

So please find a cheaper hobby and quit trying to hold the rest of us back. 'Cause that's what happens when developers feel compelled to waste resources on a 8 year old decrepid sim.

Check 6...&&Chris.&&&&Computer Specs:I6850 3.0 o/c to 3,4, 4 GB 800 speed OCZ Ram, ASUS PQ5 MOBO, XFX 9800 GTX+, Saitek x52 Pro, Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

IP Logged

aal763

Boeing Expert

Reply #35 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Why is everyone attacking other forum members over such a stupid subject that has already been answered?

Best Regards,
Robert Huh

IP Logged

TROJ650

Reply #36 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
[quote author=Hammer link=1246585581/30#34 date=1247917491]
Anyone who denegrates the FS activity by calling it just an $80 game is disqualifying and discrediting themselves from having an opinionn we need to hear.
quote]

Well guess what its not always "STOP HAMMER TIME" in the real world.

Not sure what "FS Dream World" your living in but it obviously doesnt cost you much in the way of hard earned dollars. Im sure your parents will get you the next latest and greatest PC.

Your attitude alludes to not really appreciating a the value the dollar. But thats just and observation.

FS is a GAME and a HOBBY belive it or not, a Hobby that cost money.

Not everyone has an abundance of desposable income as you "must" have.

And to say that anyones opinion is invalid due to what is reality only goes to prove your living in said "Dream World".

It appears when logic and facts are brought into play that your true inabilty to be constructive shines through.

Whats next swearing ???...

When you actually want to debate the prospect of an FS9 release instead of just telling others to do this or that or "get over" or "move on" or similar, then please reply with some validity yourself.

Cant see that happening any time in the future to be honest.

For everyone else that runs FS9 we can only hope or go elsewhere.

IP Logged

Insane22

Reply #37 - Jul 18th, 2009 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Jul 18th, 2009 at 12:09am:
You see, it is statements like "you can't fly heavy aircraft in FSX" and "I need 40+ fps to be flyable" that are just not credibilty enhancing.  Generally, if you want to argue, you get further by coming within shouting distance of reality.

There are ways to get good performance in FSX and fly heavy airplanes any way you want, but it would obviously be a waste of time to discuss them in this thread, which is indeed pointless, or, rather, has a point that is a waste of time for most people.

Now, i think you are uninformed here. What is not credible is stetements like "FSX is smooth at 15 FPS" which is absolutely not the case at all. The eye can detect up to 30 FPS. Anything below that is stuttering. That is not credibility to pu it mildly.

What IS true is that there are no computers that can run FSX with complex airliners at large airports over the world at 40+ FPS maxed out. To get 40+ FPS in settings like this you will have to tune down all the graphics in FSX until it looks worse than in FS9, so what's the point?

What i am saying is the reality of things, whether you find it credible or not.

IP Logged

vex737

Reply #38 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 12:57pm
Print Post  
Let's skip the FS2004 vs FSX debate, it's not even relevant.

I have both, and also have the CS 707, 727 and 757 for FS2004. I've been using MSFS since FS2 and I don't like losing planes/scenery when upgrading. Not all my addons work in FSX, nor do they have replacements and this includes the CS 707! For that reason I'm sticking with FS2004 as my main sim for now.

Point is there is still plenty of interest in FS2004 so I would ask CS to reconsider releasing an FS2004 version of the 767, possibly even with reduced functionality compared to the FSX version if need be. I don't see how this would set back FSX users in any way: the FSX version is already available.

IP Logged

captain black

Reply #39 - Jul 22nd, 2009 at 7:04am
Print Post  
      Agreed, if you want to fly heavy metal at over 40fps you Must use FS9. I am in the aviation simulator field, and I can tell you FIDELITY is everything. I have used Vatsim, active sky, and it is only doable on my rig in FS9.

I too tried FSX and I am sorry to point out. It is just very inefficient, performance wise. Frame rate is everything and affects response from the PC in multiple ways. Anyhow I have also bough captain sim addons all the way back to the L39. I humbly request further FS2004 releases in the near future.   

IP Logged

edmond64

Reply #40 - Jul 26th, 2009 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
I think it's pointless to continue this thread as Captain sim aint listening and secondly I would like to ask "why are fs9 users holding back fs10 users? seems like a rather dumb and totally incorrect  statement to me.

IP Logged

Webestereo

Reply #41 - Aug 5th, 2011 at 12:01am
Print Post  
Hello boys,

I just want to say:  Too bad CS is not developing the CS for FS9. Sad

I respect any X users, not my intention to bother anyone, i just dont like to judge anyone.   But i fell like i wanted to say that, i almost bought it, but PUM, i realized its FSX only....... Grin

CS develop good products, i´ll be nice iff.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top